Manvel 77 Beaumont Ozen 60/FINAL

WOSgrad

Then Manvel coach lies and tells all his ppl the reason the game got cancelled was because Ozen tried to use the Bmt chapter I said your lying because we don't even wanna use our refs ..lol... We were going to use Houston refs as their coach wanted to do but then he didn't wanna do it all the sudden. 

I am a Manvel fan and was not told this fabricated story by the coaches. We were told that the home team (Ozen) is responsible for taking care of the refs and apparently did not follow through. Our coaches turned down the chance to have Houston refs be called to the game at the last minute since they would be the leftovers who weren't already picked and the time for them to get there would push the game back even further. 

42 minutes ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Then Manvel coach lies and tells all his ppl the reason the game got cancelled was because Ozen tried to use the Bmt chapter I said your lying because we don't even wanna use our refs ..lol... We were going to use Houston refs as their coach wanted to do but then he didn't wanna do it all the sudden. 

Sad you can't use your own refs!!

1 hour ago, Wolf_4_Life said:

I am a Manvel fan and was not told this fabricated story by the coaches. We were told that the home team (Ozen) is responsible for taking care of the refs and apparently did not follow through. Our coaches turned down the chance to have Houston refs be called to the game at the last minute since they would be the leftovers who weren't already picked and the time for them to get there would push the game back even further. 

Well if he isn't a coach he is an administrator who said it because in the parking some of the Manvel fans were saying I can't believe they were going to try and cheat us like that with their refs . I have no reason to fabricate anything I know what I heard 

Ozen always tries to use the Houston chapter for playoffs and wouldn't use their own chapter that is well known. People saying Ozen tried to use the Beaumont chapter have no understanding of how the process works. 

My guess with no direct knowledge Ozen wanted to use the Houston chapter ( they always do) and Manvel initially agreed. Manvel got wind of the fact that Ozen for years always suggesting using the Houston chapter and found it a bit funny and decided that was no longer the chapter they wanted to use. 

Jim Hicks with RCS Sports opinion:

The Manvel / Beaumont Ozen game was postponed until today (3pm @ Atasscocita HS) after the refs failed to show up.  According to Eric Alexander, the president for the Houston Chapter of Basketball Officials;  "The Houston Chapter had nothing to do with that game.  The UIL was in charge of officials and they have a San Antonio crew scheduled."  Often when you have a Beaumont area team playing a team from Houston, one or both coaches will seek UIL to schedule a set of refs from another region.  This comes with pros and cons.  The most common risk is the fact that many refs from other regions may not have called many games involving the speed or talent level of our Region 3 teams.  Therefore, their fuse may be a bit shorter when it comes to secondary things which come into play during the course of a game.  Regardless of the case, and no matter who is calling the game, one team will lose the game. So that proves that somebody will be pissed afterwards, and guess who is likely to get some of the blame?

5 hours ago, Eagles12 said:

Ozen always tries to use the Houston chapter for playoffs and wouldn't use their own chapter that is well known. People saying Ozen tried to use the Beaumont chapter have no understanding of how the process works. 

My guess with no direct knowledge Ozen wanted to use the Houston chapter ( they always do) and Manvel initially agreed. Manvel got wind of the fact that Ozen for years always suggesting using the Houston chapter and found it a bit funny and decided that was no longer the chapter they wanted to use. 

Very true statement