Beaumont ISD hires Eric Peevey as West Brook HC

AggiesAreWe

6 minutes ago, mistro said:

If Peevey is successful  he will be gone within a couple of years, this is a stepping stone for him.  BISD is so dysfunctional why would anyone

with any sense want the job. Only reason build resume or your cannot get employment at any other school.

Stepping stone?  Maybe that's why they should have given it to the guy who actually went to school there, is from Beaumont and would probably be there long term if successful...

Peevey isn't that good of a coach, period! WB defense sucked with him at the head. The same DC that gave up 72 to the Woodlands and 63 to Lufkin. The Bruins never played good defense under him.They just happen to be ridiculously strong on offense to overcome his lack a defensive coaching. Hell Jeff Nelson is more qualified to be HC than Peevey. This is a horrible hire!

3 hours ago, Yeoj said:

Peevey isn't that good of a coach, period! WB defense sucked with him at the head. The same DC that gave up 72 to the Woodlands and 63 to Lufkin. The Bruins never played good defense under him.They just happen to be ridiculously strong on offense to overcome his lack a defensive coaching. Hell Jeff Nelson is more qualified to be HC than Peevey. This is a horrible hire!

I don't know if it will be a good hire or not, but again I ask, how precisely does your success or lack thereof as a coordinator translate as a head coach? Totally different positions. I've seen great coordinators that fail as head coaches. 

2 hours ago, Irishwoad said:

they did give up points but they still went 11-2. Not to mention the year before their defense was pretty nasty good. Does that mean he lost the ability to coach in that year? I hope he does a good job, and the kids respond to him. 

Why didn't the OC apply for the job?

The defense was never nasty! His scheme sucked. They had kids that would make plays from time to time, but never really shut teams down. The 11-2 record was from the offense being so good that the Bruins could out score people. The defense never stopped Longview. The defense allow Centennial to get back into the game with a 27-3 halftime lead. And Westfield ran wild on the defense. The OC is even less qualified than Peevey.

4 hours ago, dBerrySports said:

I don't know if it will be a good hire or not, but again I ask, how precisely does your success or lack thereof as a coordinator translate as a head coach? Totally different positions. I've seen great coordinators that fail as head coaches. 

If you can't be successful with one phase of the football team, how can you manager all three phases and everything else that comes with being head coach? Have you ever seen a person that sucks as a coordinator become a great head coach? If I'm wrong, I'll be the first person on here apologizing and giving Peevey his props. But, I just don't see it. He'll win some games cause West Brook has a group with serious talent but, Peevey won't get the most out of all that talent.

12 hours ago, Yeoj said:

I disagree, i think it's a excellent hire :).

Ok so u say he is terrible hire because the defense was bad and the offense was ridiculously strong. Pretty sure the offense was very good.  Then you say the offensive coordinator is even less qualified, that doesn't make sense going by your reason for saying peevey shouldn't get the job. 

I believe you just wanted an outside hire that was a big splash. Problem is nobody wanted the job but a handful of people. 

3 hours ago, Irishwoad said:

Ok so u say he is terrible hire because the defense was bad and the offense was ridiculously strong. Pretty sure the offense was very good.  Then you say the offensive coordinator is even less qualified, that doesn't make sense going by your reason for saying peevey shouldn't get the job. 

I believe you just wanted an outside hire that was a big splash. Problem is nobody wanted the job but a handful of people. 

...there were more than 8 applicants.  That's definitely a lot more than a 'handful'.

On 2/24/2017 at 1:14 AM, Yeoj said:

If you can't be successful with one phase of the football team, how can you manager all three phases and everything else that comes with being head coach? Have you ever seen a person that sucks as a coordinator become a great head coach? If I'm wrong, I'll be the first person on here apologizing and giving Peevey his props. But, I just don't see it. He'll win some games cause West Brook has a group with serious talent but, Peevey won't get the most out of all that talent.

I understand your misgivings about Coach Peevey (although I don't completely agree with them).  But my question is, of the known applicants for the job, which one would you have preferred seeing chosen over Peevey?

59 minutes ago, Irishwoad said:

I agree. What person on that list was better then peevey knowing that Langston took a job at north Texas. 

And there was not many that applied for the job at all. There is a distain for bisd outside of Beaumont. A lot of people steer clear of them because of the past. 

Not true at all...smh

57 minutes ago, Irishwoad said:

Even 20 people applying is a handful considering. 

6a

11-2 

3 rounds deep and most kids back on offense that was good. 

Over 79 applicants for the Bryan rudder job z

5a 

2-8 or something

Where did you get the information that ONLY 20 people applied?  It's information that I have not seen...

On February 25, 2017 at 8:03 AM, Irishwoad said:

You are so full of it till its ridiculous! I wanted a competent coach with a history of making good decisions as pertained to winning football games. The OC was a first year coordinator that was only coaching at WB for his 2nd season last year. He did a good job with Flannigan looking over his shoulder being there to help. But, not nearly experienced enough for Head coach. And you are also wrong about nobody wanting the job. What are your ties to West Brook, BISD, and Peevey?

On February 25, 2017 at 11:34 AM, WOSgrad said:

I understands your misgivings about Coach Peevey (although I don't completely agree with them).  But my question is, of the known applicants for the job, which one would you have preferred seeing chosen over Peevey?

Out of that list, Jeff Nelson is more qualified than Peevey! He was OC for WB during part of Stump's tenure. He was Head coach of an Ozen team that were on the verge of being competitive again, including knocking off the Bruins. He was recently the OC for Central.

23 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

Out of that list, Jeff Nelson is more qualified than Peevey! He was OC for WB during part of Stump's tenure. He was Head coach of an Ozen team that were on the verge of being competitive again, including knocking off the Bruins. He was recently the OC for Central.

Fair enough.  You are one of the few here who looks to be willing to stay within the applicants rather than just merely being critical.