Vidor vs. West Orange-Stark/Post scrimmage comments here!

WOSgrad

2 hours ago, skipper said:

both teams needed this next Friday the kids from wo-s are going to face a very good team and there hungry

Obviously the Stangs are hungry too! I know it's not a win but to score 35 points with dang near 20 penalties is pretty darn good! It was a great scrimmage for both teams but honestly all that cuttin players legs 20 yds down the field is the silliest and scariest crap that I hate about that offense! I really have no idea how that's legal? For a team to overcome that offense with no injuries is a miracle! You gotta play the position, try and make a tackle and out of nowhere here comes a 240 lb lineman diving at your safety and cornerbacks knees! It almost cause 20 fights tonight cause that crap is weak! The Slot T is ran dangerously and it's sad when peoples only wish is for there to be no injuries because they believe that each play can ruin your players season! 

Edited by ICEWATER
Spelling

10 hours ago, Sleepy1 said:

35-19

missed the 2 point conversion

That's the largest margin of victory between these two I've seen in a while.  Of course WOS, who is always good, is extra good this year.  Sounds like Vidor needs to work on their pass defense.  But that's what scrimmages are for.

7 hours ago, Sleepy1 said:

Whatever...

Every player that I saw go out of the game were all hit squarely/chest level.  It was a clean, hard-hitting game.

Did Vidor pass at all?   I saw the 9th grade scrimmage last year & not a single pass was thrown.

I think that slot T would be a great offense if you just happen to have a 6' 190# who runs a 4.5 and can put bullets in the x-ring every throw. But I guess that guy would make any offense look good :) 

8 hours ago, ICEWATER said:

Obviously the Stangs are hungry too! I know it's not a win but to score 35 points with dang near 20 penalties is pretty darn good! It was a great scrimmage for both teams but honestly all that cuttin players legs 20 yds down the field is the silliest and scariest crap that I hate about that offense! I really have no idea how that's legal? For a team to overcome that offense with no injuries is a miracle! You gotta play the position, try and make a tackle and out of nowhere here comes a 240 lb lineman diving at your safety and cornerbacks knees! It almost cause 20 fights tonight cause that crap is weak! The Slot T is ran dangerously and it's sad when peoples only wish is for there to be no injuries because they believe that each play can ruin your players season! 

I agree with you. I thought some of the vidor guys went to for with the cut blocks 20 and 30 yards down the field.it didn't make sense.we are all from setx.we should be cheering each other on trying to make each other better. Some players can't forget it's just a scrimmage and it doesn't count.i love how vidor was trying to get physical but they have to stay within the limits with some of there cut blocks which doesn't have anything to do with the outcome of a play.beating w.o. in a scrimmage is meaningless but getting better is the objective! !