Santa Fe 2 Port Neches-Groves 1/Gm 3-Final/Santa Fe wins series 2-1

13 hours ago, Regal13 said:

Great season for the team. They have some really good kids and parents that back them. I would say very disappointing to get knocked out this early with that much talent. 

What happened on the balks? 

Well, I think the official call is not coming set before going to the plate or going to first.  I wasn't there last night, but last week in Game 1, I know that 1st base coach from Santa Fe was working on the 1st base ump all night long complaining that Carter wasn't coming set.  I wouldn't be surprised if he was doing that again last night.

All I know is game 3 should of been played the other day just like all the other schools did ! They didn't have a 3rd pitcher they were talking about it in the stands and said they had to push the game well at this level it's about depth and that PNG has we have plenty of pitching it's just sad that we had to force the pitchers to pitch again and face each other and really it should of already been over the other night and moved on ! It took a lot out of them being on bus so long not knowing times or where it would be played this week was crazy and to me no one was focused. But it has been a great season and can't wait till we start back up next season! 

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 9:52 AM, WOSgrad said:

Well, I think the official call is not coming set before going to the plate or going to first.  I wasn't there last night, but last week in Game 1, I know that 1st base coach from Santa Fe was working on the 1st base ump all night long complaining that Carter wasn't coming set.  I wouldn't be surprised if he was doing that again last night.

I hope they did not call a balk for not coming set when picking to first.

You do not have to come set to pick to first.

2 minutes ago, callumlikeiseeum said:

I hope they did not call a balk for not coming set when picking to first.

You do not have to come set to pick to first.

I wasn't at Game 3, so I don't know about those.  But in the balk that was called in Game 1, it was on a move to first base.

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 0:17 PM, BASBALL MOM 09 said:

All I know is game 3 should of been played the other day just like all the other schools did ! They didn't have a 3rd pitcher they were talking about it in the stands and said they had to push the game well at this level it's about depth and that PNG has we have plenty of pitching it's just sad that we had to force the pitchers to pitch again and face each other and really it should of already been over the other night and moved on ! It took a lot out of them being on bus so long not knowing times or where it would be played this week was crazy and to me no one was focused. But it has been a great season and can't wait till we start back up next season! 

actually the game being moved back allowed the Henry kid to pitch again  which you would think would be in PNG favor

However the SF kid pitched a heck of a game - according to the Galveston paper

and a PNG kid hit into a double play to lose the game in extra innings 

We went 1 & 1 against you guys with much less talent than you all or SF 

what that means -- I don't know

Looking forward to giving you all  another spanking this fall  - WHAT 7 IN A ROW????????

Cant wait to hear about how good yall did in 7 x 7  bad thing is yall don't do too good in 11 x 11

16 hours ago, Whoa said:

actually the game being moved back allowed the Henry kid to pitch again  which you would think would be in PNG favor

Looking forward to giving you all  another spanking this fall  - WHAT 7 IN A ROW????????

Cant wait to hear about how good yall did in 7 x 7  bad thing is yall don't do too good in 11 x 11

You don't have anything to add in the baseball forum except "we went 1 & 1 against you guys with much less talent" and then you beat your chest about football??  Hmmm..how did those bulldogs do in the baseball playoffs this year? 

Oh yeah, that's right - they couldn't make the cut.

19 hours ago, Whoa said:
2 hours ago, CAL2TEX said:

You don't have anything to add in the baseball forum except "we went 1 & 1 against you guys with much less talent" and then you beat your chest about football??  Hmmm..how did those bulldogs do in the baseball playoffs this year? 

Oh yeah, that's right - they couldn't make the cut.

I'm not sure what 1 & 1 this guy is talking about??

19 hours ago, Whoa said:

We don't do good in 11 x 11? Didn't we share the District with Nederland last season and get knocked out in the same round. Sounds like we do just as good as y'all.

How many rounds did Nederland go in baseball this season?