*Beaumont Ozen vs. Crosby Updates*/Crosby wins 53-50!

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1380516" timestamp="1361985834"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=109817.msg1380513#msg1380513 date=1361985687]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=109817.msg1380507#msg1380507 date=1361985479]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=109817.msg1380412#msg1380412 date=1361974908]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=109817.msg1380282#msg1380282 date=1361938876]
Hhhhhhmmmmm where's soulja? I wonder what excuse he'll come up with now? I guess its safe to say my prediction was right about 20-4A wasn't it? I've been saying all year that the playoffs would prove everything I've been saying about 20-4A this year....sooooo with that said I rest my case  8)
[/quote] I'm here.  I'm here, Sir.  True, the third round was the demise of 20-4a this year, but could this been seen as a 'double edged sword'? Could it be that Crosby is very good?  They  are district Co-district,t champions, you know.  Could it be that Georgetown is very good?  They took down a talented Central bunch and then took down a good Nederland team (who did beat your panthers may I add).  Georgetown was prepared for a fast pace game vs. Central and a few days later (yesterday), was prepared for a slow down game vs Nederland that ,according to a lot of Nederland fans INCLUDING my Nederland contact, was the best possible matchup for them (they didn't want Central for a 3rd time).  Only time will tell, my fellow Beaumontonian (is that even a word?  Lol).  If Crosby or Georgetown make it to the regional final or the state simi's, then your point WON'T be proven....but at that point, you'll try to say, 'lets see if they can win a state title', right?  8) 8)  So please keep 'your case' restless.
[/quote]I figured you'd try to come to nederland and Ozen rescue...all yesterday proved is that Nederland and Central weren't that good neither was Ozen and also that Saveat is a terrible coach and in due time BISD will realize it and get Ozen a worthy coach...my predictions were more than correct you called me crazy for criticizing 20-4a and Ozen all year and now who looks like they don't have credibility on this forum? And to say crosby and georgetown are good is blasphemy I'd like to see the results of their next game. I rest my case lol  8)
[/quote]
DANG! Tell him how you really feel! LOL ;D
[/quote]I'm supposed to be the one who don't know a thing about basketball DV  :o
[/quote]
If they only knew.... ::) ::)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1380507" timestamp="1361985479"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=109817.msg1380412#msg1380412 date=1361974908]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=109817.msg1380282#msg1380282 date=1361938876]
Hhhhhhmmmmm where's soulja? I wonder what excuse he'll come up with now? I guess its safe to say my prediction was right about 20-4A wasn't it? I've been saying all year that the playoffs would prove everything I've been saying about 20-4A this year....sooooo with that said I rest my case  8)
[/quote] I'm here.  I'm here, Sir.  True, the third round was the demise of 20-4a this year, but could this been seen as a 'double edged sword'? Could it be that Crosby is very good?  They  are district Co-district,t champions, you know.  Could it be that Georgetown is very good?  They took down a talented Central bunch and then took down a good Nederland team (who did beat your panthers may I add).  Georgetown was prepared for a fast pace game vs. Central and a few days later (yesterday), was prepared for a slow down game vs Nederland that ,according to a lot of Nederland fans INCLUDING my Nederland contact, was the best possible matchup for them (they didn't want Central for a 3rd time).  Only time will tell, my fellow Beaumontonian (is that even a word?  Lol).  If Crosby or Georgetown make it to the regional final or the state simi's, then your point WON'T be proven....but at that point, you'll try to say, 'lets see if they can win a state title', right?  8) 8)  So please keep 'your case' restless.
[/quote]I figured you'd try to come to nederland and Ozen rescue...all yesterday proved is that Nederland and Central weren't that good neither was Ozen and also that Saveat is a terrible coach and in due time BISD will realize it and get Ozen a worthy coach...my predictions were more than correct you called me crazy for criticizing 20-4a and Ozen all year and now who looks like they don't have credibility on this forum? And to say crosby and georgetown are good is blasphemy I'd like to see the results of their next game. I rest my case lol  8)
[/quote]
Gosh darn it ozensfinest....you did say you were an alumn of Ozen, didn't you? I can't speak for Nederland or Central because I don't have a dog in that fight. Now as far as Ozen is concerned I am not Saveat's biggest fan but in all due respect he didn't miss the free throws last night. He did what a coach should do, he along with his assistants, saw where we were at the half and you better believe they made the adjustments at halftime. At the rate we were going, it appeared as though Crosby was going to waltz out of Lee with the victory. Why must you get on here and discredit what those boys did all season? That group of young men gave it their all and played their hearts out all season and especially in the playoffs. Sure a state championship would be great but at the end of the day I don't think any less of those kids that put in the work on and off the court.   

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1380507" timestamp="1361985479"]
[/quote]Nederland gave their game away. Georgetown plays Brazosport Friday, a team they have already beat by 10 this year. Georgetown COULD represent the Region, and that really hurts my stomach. Just bc they are not flashy, does not mean that are garbage.

Just curious: Which game did you attend last night?

[quote name="uandme08" post="1380528" timestamp="1361986558"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=109817.msg1380507#msg1380507 date=1361985479]
[/quote]
Gosh darn it ozensfinest....you did say you were an alumn of Ozen, didn't you? I can't speak for Nederland or Central because I don't have a dog in that fight. Now as far as Ozen is concerned I am not Saveat's biggest fan but in all due respect he didn't miss the free throws last night. He did what a coach should do, he along with his assistants, saw where we were at the half and you better believe they made the adjustments at halftime. At the rate we were going, it appeared as though Crosby was going to waltz out of Lee with the victory. [b]Why must you get on here and discredit what those boys did all season?[/b] That group of young men gave it their all and played their hearts out all season and especially in the playoffs. Sure a state championship would be great but at the end of the day I don't think any less of those kids that put in the work on and off the court. 
[/quote]Of course I am an Ozen alum but i'm also realistic...I've NEVER said anything about the kids on Ozen's  basketball team...I only criticize the coach...however what exactly did they do this year? Finish 3rd in district?  ::) The problem I have with you guys on here is you don't "keep it real" lol I just call things how I see them and you guys fail to do that

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1380531" timestamp="1361986622"]
[/quote]Nederland gave their game away. Georgetown plays Brazosport Friday, a team they have already beat by 10 this year. Georgetown COULD represent the Region, and that really hurts my stomach. Just bc they are not flashy, does not mean that are garbage.

[/quote]I didn't attend any don't have to so are you saying that 19-4a is better than 20-4a?  :o

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1380547" timestamp="1361987196"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=109817.msg1380531#msg1380531 date=1361986622]

[/quote]I didn't attend any don't have to so are you saying that 19-4a is better than 20-4a?  :o
[/quote]No. 20-4A was clearly better this year, last year, and the year before.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1380555" timestamp="1361987995"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=109817.msg1380547#msg1380547 date=1361987196]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=109817.msg1380531#msg1380531 date=1361986622]

[/quote]Well according to the results of this years playoffs that isn't true

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1380560" timestamp="1361988605"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=109817.msg1380555#msg1380555 date=1361987995]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=109817.msg1380547#msg1380547 date=1361987196]

[/quote]Well according to the results of this years playoffs that isn't true
[/quote]Really? 20-4A went 3-1 in round 1 and has 3 total victories against 2 for 19-4A. Remember that our 3rd place team beat 19-4As Co-District champs with relative ease.

Over the last 3 years, 20-4A is 10-5 against 19-4A in the post season and 9-3 including the first round.

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1380516" timestamp="1361985834"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=109817.msg1380513#msg1380513 date=1361985687]
[/quote]
DANG! Tell him how you really feel! LOL ;D
[/quote]I'm supposed to be the one who don't know a thing about basketball DV  :o
[/quote] ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1380598" timestamp="1361992628"]
Dove, with that  ;), are you agreeing with Ozensfinest that Coach Saveat needs to go and it is his fault that the young Panthers lost last night?

If so, that would sound pretty familiar to some HF stuff back in the day. ;)
[/quote]Man, glad you brought this out. So easy to to misread other's writings. Definitely don't want this at all.

I was winking in agreement with OzenFinest's last statement when he said,[color=red] " I'm supposed to be the one who don't know a thing about basketball DV  [/color]."  Man, you would bring up those HF days , huh!!! Never seen anything like that in all my days of promoting, watching, etc in basketball. Little [s]J[/s]jhonny basketball at its height.

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
I don't even know why this scrub OZENSFINEST can even calls himself an alum..even worse I went to West brook and I support the school more than you..lol..What's even more mind boggling is out of all the years Ozen has been in existence they have only a whopping 1 title. Now I'm guessing the greatest ..big brother almighty himself couldn't muster up more ships for such a heralded school..c'mon son you bitter always have and always will be..jealous of another man will get you nowhere. What's sad is you come on here and have the audacity to tear another man down especially a blk man at that . Didn't wanna play that card but since u wanna keep it real then let's do it. When the great one lost to VIDOR three times in a season were saying fire him or losing numerous times in the state title game...NOOOOOOO of course not how idiotic would that be of you...you stuck brother..you hustle backwards...haha funny now I think about it yall probably want Savaet to fail so you can swindle your way in..believe this though what goes around comes around and all the things your saying and doing will come back to get you...and what makes you think someone won't undercut you..ohh because dean big brother almighty looks out for you huh..smh..take a sleepin pill and never wake up..

[quote name="TopFlight" post="1380646" timestamp="1362000072"]
I don't even know why this scrub OZENSFINEST can even calls himself an alum..even worse I went to West brook and I support the school more than you..lol..What's even more mind boggling is out of all the years Ozen has been in existence they have only a whopping 1 title. Now I'm guessing the greatest ..big brother almighty himself couldn't muster up more ships for such a heralded school..c'mon son you bitter always have and always will be..jealous of another man will get you nowhere. What's sad is you come on here and have the audacity to tear another man down especially a blk man at that . Didn't wanna play that card but since u wanna keep it real then let's do it. When the great one lost to VIDOR three times in a season were saying fire him or losing numerous times in the state title game...NOOOOOOO of course not how idiotic would that be of you...you stuck brother..you hustle backwards...haha funny now I think about it yall probably want Savaet to fail so you can swindle your way in..believe this though what goes around comes around and all the things your saying and doing will come back to get you...and what makes you think someone won't undercut you..ohh because dean big brother almighty looks out for you huh..smh..take a sleepin pill and never wake up..
[/quote]
Well I will say this about YOUR statement....How many Beaumont ISD basketball championships are there TOTAL that did not come out of the Pear Orchard (Hebert or Ozen)? ZERO. And Beaumont has HAD the talent to win it all for YEARS. So for you the knock who you called "the great one" is just crazy, being that he has WON a state title there, and went to the State Championship game 3 other times while the school has only been open and playing varsity competition since 1998. So in 10 years (1998-2008), one state title, 10 district titles, 4 regional titles, and you have the audacity to COMPARE what the two Ozen coaches have accomplished? Sounds crazy, huh? I realize that going to state was MADE to look easy, but it is definitely NOT. Losing to Vidor 3 times in one year? Yes it happened...Vidor had a LOADED senior team, and Ozen had a team that featured 12 underclassmen, and ONE senior that played any significant minutes...Ironically, OZEN STILL WON THE DISTRICT TITLE and advanced to the Regional tournament finishing 27-7 in a "down" year, losing to eventual state champion Houston Jones. No knock losing to Vidor, but it never happened again.  So..tell me again why you thought they should have even THOUGHT about firing the head coach back then?....I am with you in that no one should be calling for Savaet's job, especially those of us that know him and have been around him...I am with you on that...But I think knocking the previous regime is certainly not the answer either.

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
Dickie V .... I am not one to bite my tongue never have never will wasn't criticizing the previous regime...by no means am I comparing these two gentleman they've accomplished different things while there..so u don't have to run down the history of the previous(p.s I'm not from BMT so I know nothing about the history of the pear orchard or whatever ;) ...but to say the current isnt capable is nonsense...its a different breed of children playing the game and we both know that...I have a lot of respect for the aforementioned..I was simply saying that it was wrong of OZENSFINEST to continuously get on here and do those type of things ...he has no respect because if he did he wouldn't pull that crap..I have no ill feeling towards the guy...I just hate when folks spew that nonsense instead of growing a pair and instead of hiding behind the bright screen ...u have every right to an opinion ..it's yours but some things are better left unsaid..ijs

[quote name="TopFlight" post="1380690" timestamp="1362003597"]
Dickie V .... I am not one to bite my tongue never have never will wasn't criticizing the previous regime..I have a lot of respect for the aforementioned..I was simply saying that it was wrong of OZENSFINEST to continuously get on here and do those type of things ...he has no respect because if he did he wouldn't pull that crap..I have no ill feeling towards the guy...I just hate when folks spew that nonsense instead of growing a pair and instead of hiding behind the bright screen ...u have every right to an opinion ..it's yours but some things are better left unsaid..ijs
[/quote]
I understand....100%.....Respect.  ;)

[quote name="fattpatt007" post="1380717" timestamp="1362007574"]
Cmon BG ?  It's some shady stuff going on at PAM
[/quote] You stated you would trade for any Ozen coach, you dont think anything shady is going on in BISD?  ???

(and for the record folks im NOT saying anything shady is going on at PAM with that response)

[quote name="TopFlight" post="1380646" timestamp="1362000072"]
[/quote]Whats funny is that you THINK that I'm bouttee's son Anthony which is not true but I've never tore Saveat down all i have ever said is that Saveat isn't the man for the job at Ozen and it has been proven since he's been at the helm how is that tearing him down? I don't care if he was black white or whatever I just call things how I see it Saveat isn't getting the job done and needs to be replaced that simple finishing third in a weak 20-4A district with all the talent at Ozen is blasphemy

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1380739" timestamp="1362011782"]
[quote author=TopFlight link=topic=109817.msg1380646#msg1380646 date=1362000072]
[/quote]Whats funny is that you THINK that I'm bouttee's son Anthony which is not true but I've never tore Saveat down all i have ever said is that Saveat isn't the man for the job at Ozen and it has been proven since he's been at the helm how is that tearing him down? I don't care if he was black white or whatever I just call things how I see it Saveat isn't getting the job done and needs to be replaced that simple finishing third in a weak 20-4A district with all the talent at Ozen is blasphemy
[/quote]Shows what you know: Ozen finished 2nd. ::)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1380679" timestamp="1362002814"]
[quote author=TopFlight link=topic=109817.msg1380646#msg1380646 date=1362000072]
[/quote]
Well I will say this about YOUR statement....How many Beaumont ISD basketball championships are there TOTAL that did not come out of the Pear Orchard (Hebert or Ozen)? ZERO. And Beaumont has HAD the talent to win it all for YEARS. So for you the knock who you called "the great one" is just crazy, being that he has WON a state title there, and went to the State Championship game 3 other times while the school has only been open and playing varsity competition since 1998. So in 10 years (1998-2008), one state title, 10 district titles, 4 regional titles, and you have the audacity to COMPARE what the two Ozen coaches have accomplished? Sounds crazy, huh? I realize that going to state was MADE to look easy, but it is definitely NOT. Losing to Vidor 3 times in one year? Yes it happened...Vidor had a LOADED senior team, and Ozen had a team that featured 12 underclassmen, and ONE senior that played any significant minutes...Ironically, OZEN STILL WON THE DISTRICT TITLE and advanced to the Regional tournament finishing 27-7 in a "down" year, losing to eventual state champion Houston Jones. No knock losing to Vidor, but it never happened again.  So..tell me again why you thought they should have even THOUGHT about firing the head coach back then?....I am with you in that no one should be calling for Savaet's job, especially those of us that know him and have been around him...I am with you on that...But I think knocking the previous regime is certainly not the answer either.
[/quote]A loaded Vidor Senior team! ;D ;D ;D ;D
Nice excuse! How many times have we debated this until you are proven wrong time and time again? ???

Ya, everybody knows that there is all kind of basketball talent pouring out of Vidor yearly. ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder