Silsbee vs Livingston

CATS80

[quote name="Critter" post="1382191" timestamp="1362338659"]
[quote author=Rake1 link=topic=109787.msg1382185#msg1382185 date=1362337699]
[quote author=Geaux Tigers link=topic=109787.msg1382181#msg1382181 date=1362336322]
Correct, but BC only scored once when silsbee pitched their 3rd best pitcher. Silsbee was beating them 3 to 1 [b]going into either the 4th or 5th (not sure) and they took him out because he reached his max limit of pitches and the other pitchers were already either used or being saved for the next day.[/b] After that they put a non pitcher in to pitch who hasn't pitched a game this season BECAUSE HE ISN'T A PITCHER .. after all the walks, and hits from BC. of course BC won by ten run rule. But if silsbee had there pitcher rested like they will be in district play. Silsbee can compete for 1st in district
[/quote]

Incorrect statement!!
BC's Bryce Sampere hit a 3 run HR off of Silsbee's starter before he was pulled, BC took a 4-3 lead at that point. Silsbee's starter had done a good job keeping BC off balance but once the Cardinals saw him for the 2nd time that's when the game turned. It did get out of hand once Silsbee ran out of pitching. One thing to remember also is that BC threw a complete game with the #4 pitcher and he did a number on the Silsbee bats after giving up 3 early. Biggest difference right now is pitching depth, Silsbee is trying to get over some injuries and BC is really deep on the hill. These 2 teams will certainly play some exciting baseball against one another this year, especially if both teams are at full strength.

Rake1
[/quote]

Your are right Rake1.... The main reason I posted a response about Silsbee beating BC is because someone said they have the bats... Just posting that It doesn't matter who Silsbee pitched, their pitcher didn't hurt their bats. And their bats couldn't get it going against BC's #4.... I am sure Silsbee will get a dose of Guidry come district time.
[/quote]

Make no mistake!! Silsbee can swing it! They are the best hitting team in the district that I have seen so far, period. They have good athletes throughout their lineup and have the potential to turn any fastball around and lose it. Whoever plays them will certainly need to bring their A game every inning.

Rake1

[quote name="Rake1" post="1382185" timestamp="1362337699"]
[quote author=Geaux Tigers link=topic=109787.msg1382181#msg1382181 date=1362336322]
Correct, but BC only scored once when silsbee pitched their 3rd best pitcher. Silsbee was beating them 3 to 1 [b]going into either the 4th or 5th (not sure) and they took him out because he reached his max limit of pitches and the other pitchers were already either used or being saved for the next day.[/b] After that they put a non pitcher in to pitch who hasn't pitched a game this season BECAUSE HE ISN'T A PITCHER .. after all the walks, and hits from BC. of course BC won by ten run rule. But if silsbee had there pitcher rested like they will be in district play. Silsbee can compete for 1st in district
[/quote]

Incorrect statement!!
BC's Bryce Sampere hit a 3 run HR off of Silsbee's starter before he was pulled, BC took a 4-3 lead at that point. Silsbee's starter had done a good job keeping BC off balance but once the Cardinals saw him for the 2nd time that's when the game turned. It did get out of hand once Silsbee ran out of pitching. One thing to remember also is that BC threw a complete game with the #4 pitcher and he did a number on the Silsbee bats after giving up 3 early. Biggest difference right now is pitching depth, Silsbee is trying to get over some injuries and BC is really deep on the hill. These 2 teams will certainly play some exciting baseball against one another this year, especially if both teams are at full strength.

Rake1
[/quote]

Rake,

If you think that Silsbee wasn't still in that game down 4-3 when the decision was made to pull the starter then you are sadly mistaken.  You make the statement that the second time through the order that the game turned????  Not so sure I agree but keep in mind that the starter was at 93 pitches total for the day and had about 40 minutes from the last pitch of the Lumberton game until he threw the first pitch against BC.

[quote name="Gladtobehere" post="1382184" timestamp="1362337557"]
Correct, but BC only scored once when silsbee pitched their 3rd best pitcher. Silsbee was beating them 3 to 1 going into either the 4th or 5th (not sure) and they took him out because he reached his max limit of pitches and the other pitchers were already either used or being saved for the next day. After that they put a non pitcher in to pitch who hasn't pitched a game this season BECAUSE HE ISN'T A PITCHER .. after all the walks, and hits from BC. of course BC won by ten run rule. But if silsbee had there pitcher rested like they will be in district play. Silsbee can compete for 1st in district
[/quote]

The pitcher that started that game also closed the game against Lumberton.  Not sure what criteria or information you are using to classify him as third best??  Silsbee has several guys that are really effective and will be able to compete and get wins in district!  You are correct, after the decision was made to pull him due to pitch count they tried to use guys and give them the opportunity to see what if any role they may play on the mound in the future.

Any team can be beaten and that is why we play the game.  One game at a time for Silsbee!
[/quote]

I didn't mean it like he was not as good as the other 2 pitchers.. i was referringg he is the 3rd in the rotation, I think his name is griffin? .. tournaments can really show pitching depth.. just like the next day BC lost to lumberton 4 to 1 which silsbee beat them 6 to 3. I would assume because they were saving pitchers or they were already used

[quote name="Gladtobehere" post="1382198" timestamp="1362340028"]
[/quote]

Incorrect statement!!

Rake1
[/quote]

Rake,

If you think that Silsbee wasn't still in that game down 4-3 when the decision was made to pull the starter then you are sadly mistaken.  You make the statement that the second time through the order that the game turned????  Not so sure I agree but keep in mind that the starter was at 93 pitches total for the day and had about 40 minutes from the last pitch of the Lumberton game until he threw the first pitch against BC.

[/quote]

I guess my statement above was either written wrong or misunderstood, not sure which? I don't believe I said anywhere in a previous statement, or implied, that Silsbee was out of the game? If that's the way it was perceived then I apologize. I do believe the momentum shifted about the same time the starter had reached his pitch limit for the day. The home run, subsequent lead change, lack of available arms, and high pitch count was just a bad combination. Silsbee's starter was behind the 8 ball when he started the BC game after having to close the game before and then sit, I agree 100% with that statement! In discussions with my friends from Silsbee this was the concensus among everyone but he was without a doubt the best available pitcher. For 3 plus innings he threw a great game, as I mentioned already above. There was no slight or disrespect intended, if it came off that way, again, I apologize. IMHO I think the games between BC and Silsbee this year will be very equal and entertaining.

Respectfully,

Rake1

[quote name="Critter" post="1382191" timestamp="1362338659"]
[/quote]

Incorrect statement!!

Rake1
[/quote]

Your are right Rake1.... The main reason I posted a response about Silsbee beating BC is because someone said they have the bats... Just posting that It doesn't matter who Silsbee pitched, their pitcher didn't hurt their bats. And their bats couldn't get it going against BC's #4.... I am sure Silsbee will get a dose of Guidry come district time.
[/quote]

Why pitch Guidry? Mcfarland handled them just fine only allowing 3 runs. I didnt know he was the number 4 anyway. I know who 1 and 2 are but after that i have no idea. Could somebody give me THEIR opinion on who they think 3 and 4 are. As far as i know Guidry is #1 of course then Shugart is #2. I just dont see the need in pitching our top two against someone who couldnt hit our so called number 4.

Also i really think its interesting all of the excuses people are coming up with. Not just on this thread but accross this entire forum. This person's not a pitcher. We have two starters out with injury.It's unbelievably comical. If you lost, you lost man. Thats it plain and simple. Bad pitching might be the reason you lost but it really doesnt matter. You lost. Errors may be the reason you lost but it doesnt matter. You lost. Thats the bottom line. Excuse it all you want. It's funny people say all the time a W is a W. Buuut i guess a loss isnt a loss. Baseball is a awesome game that anyone can beat anyone on any certain day. There are so many different factors in baseball that have to come together to get the W. Whoever does it the best wins. I understand on paper some teams are better but actually it the one who executes wins. Well ima get off my soap box. I'm just tired of hearing the whinning. All this is JMO 8) 

Silsbee will be just fine! They need to learn to make adjustments at the plate when struggling, seems like we just went cold a couple games in that tournament, but I believe they'll get it together. And i wish XDog was the Bridge City coach, I'm sure Silsbee would be thrilled for your #4 pitcher to throw against them in district  ::). Especially after the fits Guidry gave us last year after seeing Lemoine the night before! Should be some entertaining baseball in 21-3a.

[quote name="stigers12" post="1382494" timestamp="1362426394"]
Silsbee will be just fine! They need to learn to make adjustments at the plate when struggling, seems like we just went cold a couple games in that tournament, but I believe they'll get it together. And i wish XDog was the Bridge City coach, I'm sure Silsbee would be thrilled for your #4 pitcher to throw against them in district  ::). Especially after the fits Guidry gave us last year after seeing Lemoine the night before! [b]Should be some entertaining baseball in 21-3a.[/b]
[/quote]

I know I can't wait for some good baseball!!!!!!!!

[quote name="Geaux Tigers" post="1382202" timestamp="1362341290"]
[quote author=Gladtobehere link=topic=109787.msg1382184#msg1382184 date=1362337557]
Correct, but BC only scored once when silsbee pitched their 3rd best pitcher. Silsbee was beating them 3 to 1 going into either the 4th or 5th (not sure) and they took him out because he reached his max limit of pitches and the other pitchers were already either used or being saved for the next day. After that they put a non pitcher in to pitch who hasn't pitched a game this season BECAUSE HE ISN'T A PITCHER .. after all the walks, and hits from BC. of course BC won by ten run rule. But if silsbee had there pitcher rested like they will be in district play. Silsbee can compete for 1st in district
[/quote]

The pitcher that started that game also closed the game against Lumberton.  Not sure what criteria or information you are using to classify him as third best??  Silsbee has several guys that are really effective and will be able to compete and get wins in district!  You are correct, after the decision was made to pull him due to pitch count they tried to use guys and give them the opportunity to see what if any role they may play on the mound in the future.

Any team can be beaten and that is why we play the game.  One game at a time for Silsbee!
[/quote]

I didn't mean it like he was not as good as the other 2 pitchers.. i was referringg he is the 3rd in the rotation, I think his name is griffin? .. tournaments can really show pitching depth.. just like the next day BC lost to lumberton 4 to 1 which silsbee beat them 6 to 3. I would assume because they were saving pitchers or they were already used
[/quote]
Lumberton beat Shuggart who is BC's 1 or 2

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kush1298
    Newest Member
    kush1298