*Beaumont Central vs. Kingwood Park Updates*/Central wins 68-48!

Central did what Central does well.  They close out well on defense and make you shoot over their length and Central got out in transition often.  What I did like is Central executed well in the half court sets.  What I DON'T like is the zone defense.  Throw that out.  It gets you beat by good shooting teams.  There is NO reason to run ANY kind of zone defender against a team that you are more athletic than.  Finally, our bench contributions were key in this game.  We need to continue to play well without those stretches where we lack the effort.  I'm sure well be ready for the next game...

It was not that the Zone is a bad defense, just the way they ran it was bad!  The  Box and 1 that started the game was unnessasary, and the 2-3 that they shifted to was too shallow for a decent shooting and cutting team.  The Paint man on the two three was too far under the goal and the back side guard rotated too far.  It seems as if they run the press and man-to-man better than they run a half court Zone.  Since thet team had no bigs it may have been better to run a 3-2 instead, but it would have to be run right. 

Overall, it was a good showing and central played well in the half court offense. The guards need to watch throwing the ball into the corner after crossing half court and they need to watch over penetration.  Good job Jags!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1376422" timestamp="1361340977"]
Central did what Central does well.  They close out well on defense and make you shoot over their length and Central got out in transition often.  What I did like is Central executed well in the half court sets.  [b]What I DON'T like is the zone defense.[/b]  Throw that out.  It gets you beat by good shooting teams.  There is NO reason to run ANY kind of zone defender against a team that you are more athletic than.  Finally, our bench contributions were key in this game.  We need to continue to play well without those stretches where we lack the effort.  I'm sure well be ready for the next game...
[/quote]Most coaches run this to help out with the fatigue factor it allows players to use most of their energy on the offensive end rather than being in man to man you'd use a lot more energy on defense

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1376626" timestamp="1361381505"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=109478.msg1376422#msg1376422 date=1361340977]
Central did what Central does well.  They close out well on defense and make you shoot over their length and Central got out in transition often.  What I did like is Central executed well in the half court sets.  [b]What I DON'T like is the zone defense.[/b]  Throw that out.  It gets you beat by good shooting teams.  There is NO reason to run ANY kind of zone defender against a team that you are more athletic than.  Finally, our bench contributions were key in this game.  We need to continue to play well without those stretches where we lack the effort.  I'm sure well be ready for the next game...
[/quote]Most coaches run this to help out with the fatigue factor it allows players to use most of their energy on the offensive end rather than being in man to man you'd use a lot more energy on defense
[/quote] We ran zone to start the game (no fatigue here).  Also, with how deep we are, fatigue won't be a factor. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1376652" timestamp="1361382838"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=109478.msg1376626#msg1376626 date=1361381505]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=109478.msg1376422#msg1376422 date=1361340977]
[/quote] We ran zone to start the game (no fatigue here).  Also, with how deep we are, fatigue won't be a factor.
[/quote]
Central ran a match up zone, but the rotation was slow and they gave up some back door lay ups and a couple open threes. They switched to a 2-3 for some reason unknown to me. Once they started pressing and forcing the tempo the game was over! You can't really argue with winning so good job Central Jags, players and coaches.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1376652" timestamp="1361382838"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=109478.msg1376626#msg1376626 date=1361381505]
[/quote][s]Yall ain't that deep Souljah. Just wait till next year.[/s] Ooops! We're suppose to be on one page during the playoffs. Sorry!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    monebi
    Newest Member
    monebi