HF is now playing a playoff w/ Orangefield for 3rd

[quote name="5gallonbucket" post="1371579" timestamp="1360347580"]
Not surprised.....  the right thing is slowly diminishing in this country....

heard OF used  some type of loop hole...not sure of that accuracy, but if that was the case....sad
[/quote]

What is wrong with this country is someone like you complaining because HF did not earn it. They controlled their "OWN" destiny and fell short. Let me ask you this, what is HF record against BC the last ten years, 19-1 or maybe 20-0?  So one girl made a difference really? Lets see she tranfered from LCM, The last time LCM and BC was a power in basketball well I can't remember that far back. All I hear is excuses and that is what is wrong with this country. The "RIGHT" thing is to earn it not be given something because business on the court was not taken care of. Some of you posters is what is really sad.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1372173" timestamp="1360455675"]
[quote author=5gallonbucket link=topic=109037.msg1371579#msg1371579 date=1360347580]
Not surprised.....  the right thing is slowly diminishing in this country....

heard OF used  some type of loop hole...not sure of that accuracy, but if that was the case....sad
[/quote]

What is wrong with this country is someone like you complaining because HF did not earn it. They controlled their "OWN" destiny and fell short. Let me ask you this, what is HF record against BC the last ten years, 19-1 or maybe 20-0?  So one girl made a difference really? Lets see she tranfered from LCM, The last time LCM and BC was a power in basketball well I can't remember that far back. All I hear is excuses and that is what is wrong with this country. The "RIGHT" thing is to earn it not be given something because business on the court was not taken care of. Some of you posters is what is really sad.
[/quote]

First of all .....that girl your talking about scored a significant amount of points in that game against HF.  Now if she was ineligible then that is against UIL rules....whats the point in having rules if where not going to follow them.  Yes HF should ve taken care of business i agree.

From what i gather from your post is players can transfer from schools to another school without following the uil guidelines and your ok with that....your ok with rules being broken

apparently in this case no rules were broken, it was just a clerical error.

but if the rules were broken and nothing is done about it what are you teaching our kids.

hypothetical
im gonna go recruit a 5 star athlete to come to school "A" and school "A" will beat all other schools with this ineligible player.  Sorry riding solo your school/child doesn't make the playoffs cause my ineligible player beat the tar out of yours.

this is a forum where people talk

i mention loop hole cause that is what i heard and also said i don't know the accuracy of it....so i mention it on here to see if anyone can shed light on it.

The clerical error was caught by the head of the executive committee.  The UIL was contacted and gave their opinion to the head of the executive committee.  He called the special meeting of the district ADs on Friday.  He informed the AD's of the UIL's opinion and a vote of the AD's was taken.  Orangefield, Bridge City and HF AD's did not vote.  The other four voted unanimously to rule the girl eligible based on the opinion of the UIL. 

There was NO loop hole!!

I agree if the rules were broken then there should be a punishment but in this case the rules was not broken that has been proven already. As for you HFfan5, The way Orangefield was playing at the end of the season IMO they did not deserve to go to the playoff's so you are wrong about me. So if the shoe was on the other foot I would not have cared. ;)

[quote name="HFfan5" post="1372536" timestamp="1360594652"]
With that last statement I do agree with ya solo. Just a lot of frustration with the whole situation. My main hurt is with the Lady Horns whose hopes were up for really nothing. I apologize for anything I said that might have offended anyone.
[/quote]

Good post, I also apologize for anything I have said. I was a little hard on bucket and I am sorry for that. My daughter graduated in 08 so I don't watch as much basketball as I used too. I still keep up with it though. I would pull for HJ though. I have to pull for anyone from 21-3A.

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1372554" timestamp="1360600629"]
[quote author=HFfan5 link=topic=109037.msg1372536#msg1372536 date=1360594652]
With that last statement I do agree with ya solo. Just a lot of frustration with the whole situation. My main hurt is with the Lady Horns whose hopes were up for really nothing. I apologize for anything I said that might have offended anyone.
[/quote]

Good post, I also apologize for anything I have said. I was a little hard on bucket and I am sorry for that. My daughter graduated in 08 so I don't watch as much basketball as I used too. I still keep up with it though. I would pull for HJ though. I have to pull for anyone from 21-3A.
[/quote]

No, after my sister graduated in 2010 I haven't been to many games - I hope Vidor wins. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder