Opening at Hardin-Jefferson

Chasmack

Lol, you got me... I may have missed a practice or two due to inclement weather or business, but I did make most all of them. When I say "hands tied" I have two boys that play at HJ and I have heard from numerous kids (I know them all because I did run the youth league here for about 6 years) that alot of times when the assistants would try to coach or make a point, their "toes would get stepped on" so to speak. Let me ask you a couple of questions, does Silsbee do 1 on 1 drills at all? If a kid says, "hey, i have played guard all my life, can I try to take the starting position?" does the coach at Silsbee give them a shot? Lets say that a kid was playing guard on the varsity and a jv kid was on defense whipping the guard every play at practice and the jv kid also played guard, would the Silsbee coach give the jv kid a shot at varsity if that kid continuously whipped the varsity kid at practice on a daily basis to make sure the best kid got to play? How about this, lets say that Silsbee looses every district game for 2 or three years straight, would the Silsbee coach tell the kids "i only have 2 spots on the varsity, all other positions are taken", before the season ever starts? I'll answer that for you, NO! he would not, no coach would... If you loose every district game, every position should be open to make sure the best 11 play!!! The JV kid would get a shot to take a position that he earned. All Im saying is, our football program needs a change, and you will see this next year what Im talking about.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="bedelmon" post="1368299" timestamp="1359581074"]
Lol, you got me... I may have missed a practice or two due to inclement weather or business, but I did make most all of them. When I say "hands tied" I have two boys that play at HJ and I have heard from numerous kids (I know them all because I did run the youth league here for about 6 years) that[b] alot of times when the assistants would try to coach or make a point, their "toes would get stepped on" so to speak[/b]. Let me ask you a couple of questions, does Silsbee do 1 on 1 drills at all? If a kid says, "hey, i have played guard all my life, can I try to take the starting position?" does the coach at Silsbee give them a shot? Lets say that a kid was playing guard on the varsity and a jv kid was on defense whipping the guard every play at practice and the jv kid also played guard, would the Silsbee coach give the jv kid a shot at varsity if that kid continuously whipped the varsity kid at practice on a daily basis to make sure the best kid got to play? How about this, lets say that Silsbee looses every district game for 2 or three years straight, would the Silsbee coach tell the kids "i only have 2 spots on the varsity, all other positions are taken", before the season ever starts? I'll answer that for you, NO! he would not, no coach would... If you loose every district game, every position should be open to make sure the best 11 play!!! The JV kid would get a shot to take a position that he earned. All Im saying is, our football program needs a change, and you will see this next year what Im talking about.
[/quote]

Bottom line is coach's are payed to win games and teach life lessons along the way.
I find it hard to believe that every position was set in stone every year.
Maybe it was just a lack of talent to execute the offense and defense.

Face it HJ is in a tough district with WOS, Silsbee and BC and they have more talent at football to choose from.
Once HJ hires their new coach, maybe he will listen to the fans and forget all his experience in evaluating talent and listen to the pee wee coach's, because they know what is best for the HJ program.

Really... Like i said, if we get a guy in here with no ties to the community that that could care less what the parents think, the  boys we have now will put HJ football on the map. Excuse me if i dont appologize  for being passionate about our football program.

I dont want a coach to listen to me, i want one that can evaluate talent. I want one that is strick and dont refer to his players as babies. I want one that will let his assistants coach and take their input into consideration. A disciplanarian that demands respect from his players. You guys keep taking what i say out of context, i would say something derrogatory but im affaid ill get kicked off of here and not be able to say i told you so...

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="bedelmon" post="1368319" timestamp="1359586314"]
Really... Like i said, if we get a guy in here with no ties to the community that that could care less what the parents think,[b] the  boys we have now will put HJ football on the map[/b]. Excuse me if i dont appologize  for being passionate about our football program.
[/quote]

No one is asking you to apologize.
"The boys you have now will put HJ on the map!!!" Really!!!
The one quality win HJ had all season was against a 2A school East Chambers.
The one district game HJ won was against HF 28-27.

Please quit talking about the boys you got that will put HJ on the map, because whatever your trying to sell, I am not buying it.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="bedelmon" post="1368327" timestamp="1359588035"]
Like i said, the boys are not the problem... [b]We won those two games on pure athletic talent[/b]. Every comment you make just makes mine more relevant.
[/quote]

That is one of the funniest comments that has ever been put on this board.
Please dont tell me HJ was out coached on all those other losses.

Guest Air Bisquit
Coaching and talent win football games.  Y'all had good coaching and some talent, just not enough to overcome a
4-6 record and a 1-5 district record.

You are getting what you want so you should be rejoicing instead of belly aching. With all that Talent and a new coaching staff coming in. I guess the Hawks will be undefeated district champs next season. I guess WOS & Silsbee are in a lot of trouble. ;D ;D

Start making that banner "HJ 2013 21 3A District Champions"

Good luck with that. ;D

[quote author=bedelmon link=topic=108568.msg1368355#msg1368355 date=1359594246]
We were in every game. Might have possibly been out manned againsr Silsbee but they made enough mistakes we probably could have beaten them. Laugh all you want, we'll see..
[/quote
49-0  WOS over HJ!

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="77" post="1368369" timestamp="1359598976"]
[quote author=bedelmon link=topic=108568.msg1368355#msg1368355 date=1359594246]
We were in every game. Might have possibly been out manned againsr Silsbee but they made enough mistakes we probably could have beaten them. Laugh all you want, we'll see..
[/quote
49-0  WOS over HJ!
[/quote]

Yeah 77, WOS barely beat HJ, but it was not because of lack of talent. ;D ;D it was all those coach's fault. They should have listened to the Pee Wee coach, they would have won for sure. ;D ;D ;D

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="WTB" post="1368372" timestamp="1359601389"]
HJ was just waiting for that 5th Qtr so there talent could take over the game.
[/quote]

They are like aggies, never lost a game, just ran out of time..  ;D
No offense to the aggie fans :D

The farmer is a joke.  It's obvious he knows nothing about hj football program.  And probably little about anything else other than stirring the pot.There are many problems here in the program and I won't go into them on this forum.  I hope we get a new head coach who is primarily concerned about winning games and teaching life lessons.  Our short term goals may not be winning district with the likes of wos who has a great football program, but playing to our potential is my goal.  If the farmer was an hj football fan and new anything about football he to may have some questions and frustrations.  I don't know who lazeek is, but I'm sure he is an hj bball fan like many of us.  What would you have to say if hj basketball program had just 2 losing seasons back to back?  I hope that hj leadership supports the hc they hire and has as high of expectation for the football program as the basketball program.  Lazeek, there are many football people that share my frustrations. 

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="mical" post="1368394" timestamp="1359610112"]
The farmer is a joke.  It's obvious he knows nothing about hj football program.  And probably little about anything else other than stirring the pot.There are many problems here in the program and I won't go into them on this forum.  I hope we get a new head coach who is primarily concerned about winning games and teaching life lessons.  Our short term goals may not be winning district with the likes of wos who has a great football program, but playing to our potential is my goal.  If the farmer was an hj football fan and new anything about football he to may have some questions and frustrations.  I don't know who lazeek is, but I'm sure he is an hj bball fan like many of us.  What would you have to say if hj basketball program had just 2 losing seasons back to back?  I hope that hj leadership supports the hc they hire and has as high of expectation for the football program as the basketball program.  Lazeek, there are many football people that share my frustrations.I
[/quote]

I have forgotten more football than you will ever know. I did not start anything, your buddy did, by saying things about Coach Martel and his staff.
As far as stirring the pot, if you cant take the heat..well you know the rest. Seems to me that edelmon and you are rhe only one venting frustrations. A frustrated pee wee coach are we.

Lazeek is one of the more classier posters from Hj.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder