What's up with Nederland!?!

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1366142" timestamp="1358965915"]
It is so very amazing that all of this recruiting stuff seems to be perfectly acceptable at certain schools.  Then, let a school like Nederland lift its program up substantially and the naysayers want to explain it away because somebody moved there who shouldnt live there.  Brian English has raised the quality of the Nederland Basketball program substantially and all of this BS about Pt. ARthur or Ozen or Central making Nederland success disappear is simply wishful thinking.  Nederland may not win the district every year, but they are a legitimate contender  every year and you naysayers are better off to acknowledge it and live with it rather than trying to "talk it away".
[/quote]
I agree. Nederland has been and will be contenders in 20 4A. Some have a hard time dealing with that.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1366147" timestamp="1358967010"]

http://youtu.be/CbhCIzt3mag

[color=yellow][size=8pt]20-4A District Champs 2010-2012
Bi-District Champs 2010-2012
Area Champs 2010-2012
Regional Quarter Finalist 2010-2012
Regional Semi-Finalist 2011[/size][/color]
[/quote] c'mon man  :P

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1365840" timestamp="1358893081"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=108406.msg1365822#msg1365822 date=1358892147]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=108406.msg1365821#msg1365821 date=1358892059]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=108406.msg1365793#msg1365793 date=1358889637]
Question, what players currently playing for Nederland are from Port Arthur?
[/quote]None on the Varsity team and none on the Freshmen team. There may be a JV player who transferred from PA, but not certain about that.
[/quote]
Say Abe..My brother is the PRINCIPAL at Memorial..Its a few more than that have transferred to Nederland, my man... 8)
[/quote]Ok. Which kid(s) on JV are from PAM? Names please.
[/quote]Still waiting on ANYONE with a name of a 'transfer/move-in'. Again, I'm not saying there isn't one, it's just that I am not aware of any.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1366147" timestamp="1358967010"]

Area Champs 2010-2012
[/quote]That was funny BD3. Just remember, our 3 guard (Jared Lormier) won 1st in the district high jump last year. I think his best is 6'10"?

So there ARE exceptions to that age old theory! 8)

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1366174" timestamp="1358974287"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=108406.msg1366147#msg1366147 date=1358967010]

Area Champs 2010-2012
[/quote]That was funny BD3. Just remember, our 3 guard (Jared Lormier) won 1st in the district high jump last year. I think his best is 6'10"?

So there ARE exceptions to that age old theory! 8)
[/quote]  ;D

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1366142" timestamp="1358965915"]
It is so very amazing that all of this recruiting stuff seems to be perfectly acceptable at certain schools.  Then, let a school like Nederland lift its program up substantially and the naysayers want to explain it away because somebody moved there who shouldnt live there.  Brian English has raised the quality of the Nederland Basketball program substantially and all of this BS about Pt. ARthur or Ozen or Central making Nederland success disappear is simply wishful thinking.  Nederland may not win the district every year, but they are a legitimate contender  every year and you naysayers are better off to acknowledge it and live with it rather than trying to "talk it away".
[/quote]Very good points. I wonder if naysayers said the same when he was successful at Vidor?

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1366182" timestamp="1358976740"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=108406.msg1366142#msg1366142 date=1358965915]
[/quote]Very good points. I wonder if naysayers said the same when he was successful at Vidor?
[/quote]

The Vidor "talkdown" would more likely revolved around ease of schedule and faulty conditioning methods.

[quote name="Pumper" post="1366213" timestamp="1358980531"]
Think he came to Nederland from Legacy in Bmt, but isn't the Ballou kid on the freshman team a PA kid?

Good player
[/quote]I think he grew up in the Dallas area, then his family moved to the area, and he attended Legacy for a bit. Then he started school at Ned this year.

[quote name="Pumper" post="1366233" timestamp="1358982965"]
He is a good player.  The freshman group was solid without him, but he is a good on-the-ball defender and adds athleticism.  Seems to be a good fit with the other kids too.  They play very well together as a group.

[/quote]I agree. He can create and see the floor like a point guard is suppose to do. Not many true PGs in HS.

I am not sure of the players name, I will have to ask my brother, but I am CERTAIN that they both QUIT the basketball team and are enrolled at Nederland. Thats two THIS year...Now, I am not sure if they can play a lick, or if they are JV kids, or whatever, but I know he has said, they keep losing kids to Nederland, and it needs to be stopped. And it will...in due time... ;)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1366361" timestamp="1359040939"]
I am not sure of the players name, I will have to ask my brother, but I am CERTAIN that they both QUIT the basketball team and are enrolled at Nederland. Thats two THIS year...Now, I am not sure if they can play a lick, or if they are JV kids, or whatever, but I know he has said, they keep losing kids to Nederland, and it needs to be stopped. And it will...in due time... ;)
[/quote]

Why will it have to stop in due time?- doesnt seem to have stopped at Yates

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1366361" timestamp="1359040939"]
[/quote]There may be a few kids who have transferred from PAM to Ned, but do they play basketball? My guess is...no.

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1366366" timestamp="1359041371"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=108406.msg1366361#msg1366361 date=1359040939]
[/quote]

Why will it have to stop in due time?- doesnt seem to have stopped at Yates
[/quote]
Once again...This isn't about Yates...And I have never accused Nederland of actually recruiting these kids, because I know they are not...My point is once PA Basketball comes back to life, order will be restored in the basketball universe in Mid County! ;)...Seriously, IMO, Nederland basketball has peaked...JMHO...The Jr. High is winning and doing well, but I don't really know if that will equate to the high school success, necessarily..Too many other factors (i.e. kids playing other sports, the fact that Ned does not really want basketball to be more successful than football, etc.) Just my thought.

If there are kids that have transferred from PAM to Nederland they do not have to be recruited. There is an area around the Central Mall/Stone Gate area that is zoned to where a family can opt to choose to go to either PAM or Ned. If these kids did leave PAM to go to Ned maybe because they weren't getting enough playing time at PAM then if they live in this certain zone then nothing is wrong with it. Why do you think PAISD was so adamant about building the high school where they built it.....To try and attract more of those kids from that area?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder