Tony Brown named to All-USA Team

KABrother

[quote name="KABrother" post="1357306" timestamp="1356041566"]
http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/Ozen-s-Brown-named-to-All-USA-team-4135540.php
[/quote]
And don't forget second team All District this year.  Got some serious talent in that 20-4A District and some serious dunces making the district selections. :(

[quote name="usedtobe" post="1357346" timestamp="1356048961"]
[quote author=KABrother link=topic=107660.msg1357306#msg1357306 date=1356041566]
http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/Ozen-s-Brown-named-to-All-USA-team-4135540.php
[/quote]
And don't forget second team All District this year.  Got some serious talent in that 20-4A District and some serious dunces making the district selections. :(
[/quote] Not dunces.  They based it off of numbers put up in league play.  His numbers were medeocre at best, therefore, second team selection.  Now, this all US selection and all this college attention comes from his all world speed more than his football skills.  So I think his all district spot is about right.

Well said Soulja. Brown is a remarable athlete with an incredible pedigree. He will have his choice of Big Time colleges based on his speed and athletism and I am happy for him and his family. However, as Soulja said his numbers were not that impressive. I know when we played Ozen, I had to keep reminding myself Brown was on the field, so I would make a point to watch him, cause he just wasn't making big plays to get my attention. The players who had great seasons shouldn't have to take a back seat to a player who may have better athletism and the media attention, but didn't put up the numbers. This year I believe he landed where he deserved to. 

Tony is an outstanding athlete and student, with speed.  He and his family have been through it this season with his fathers illness.  Go do you Tony,  he will play FB or run track at the next level as well as continue his education .  Congrats and keep working.  Proud to have known him and his family for many years. 

It don't matter if this kid has  30 tackles or 10 tackles for the season.[color=red] He has what it takes to go to the next level[/color].  I'm going to say this again,  there are several things college coaches  are looking at:  (a)potential talent (b) GRADES (c)Facebook (d) Twitter......... If you have the GRADES, POTENTIAL & Character, you have half the battle won. Don't matter if another kid has more tackles than Tony and the kid's  grades and test scores don't meet the NCAA Clearing House requirements and/or he has bad character.

TB has a good family foundation and will go places. You can always tell when these kids are doing something right because all the haters try and throw roadblocks & their distractions on the road [color=red]not many are capable to travel, nor had the balls to try and travel[/color].

I keep reading all the HYPE on TB and I hate to be negative but it seems on the field he is average. So how can he ranked so high! BIG deal he looks good in drills if your in the Tops of the All America poll you better be a great football plaer too and not just have great footwork and good at drills.
I pulled up a Youtube video and was very impressed but 2nd team all district?? Something seems fishy here. I also pulled up videos of Earl Thomas in High School and College. Earl looked ALOT better on the field!!

Go on hudl and look at all the WOS DBs and then look at Tony Brown. Go on YouTube andb look up Justin Thomasand Dacarlos Renfro then go back and look at Tony Brown he's not even close to as good as those kids are. He's a camp guy!!!!!! Hasn't done anything on the field and it shows how much respect he gets when coaches from his district vote him 2nd team!

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1357495" timestamp="1356098041"]
Go on hudl and look at all the WOS DBs and then look at Tony Brown. Go on YouTube andb look up Justin Thomasand Dacarlos Renfro then go back and look at Tony Brown he's not even close to as good as those kids are. He's a camp guy!!!!!! Hasn't done anything on the field and it shows how much respect he gets when coaches from his district vote him 2nd team!
[/quote] I've had the opportunity to see a few of those football camps for two years straight at the Disney complex. Some of the best players are invited from around the country. Your speed, agility, technique, etc are evaluated against other top players. They don't evaluate how many tackles you've made in camp *obvious huh!* Footballl recruiting is changing. I've mentioned before about a friend of mine from Houston who took his son to Florida State last summer for a recruiting camp. He was *offered*. But get my point here. Once State *offered* it opened up a whole new recruiting avenue for this young man.The interest letters started to come in now. Didn't make a single tackle at State.  ;) It is what it is

And before you know it, it will be out of the hands of high school football coaches just like it happened in basketball.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1357466" timestamp="1356066488"]
It don't matter if this kid has  30 tackles or 10 tackles for the season.[color=red] He has what it takes to go to the next level[/color].  I'm going to say this again,  there are several things college coaches  are looking at:  (a)potential talent (b) GRADES (c)Facebook (d) Twitter......... If you have the GRADES, POTENTIAL & Character, you have half the battle won. Don't matter if another kid has more tackles than Tony and the kid's  grades and test scores don't meet the NCAA Clearing House requirements and/or he has bad character.

TB has a good family foundation and will go places. You can always tell when these kids are doing something right because all the haters try and throw roadblocks & their distractions on the road [color=red]not many are capable to travel, nor had the balls to try and travel[/color].
[/quote]
GREAT POST COULDNT HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1357466" timestamp="1356066488"]

Well said. Obviously, college coaches see a world of promise in TB. Sometimes it takes more than on the field talent to garner this type of interest. He's clearly a great kid who has the support of a great family. Congratulations to this young man. He doesn't deserve the criticism he's receiving from people who really don't know him

[/quote]

Sunds like there some jealous people on this thread. Tony is a able to go these camps and get noticed by these big schools. You have to get invited to these big camps. If you don't perform at those camps, you won't get offers. Also, I've seen his stats and no they are not impressive. However, I wonder how much of that is that the other teams stay away from his side of the field. I know that happened to Beasley and Thomas when they started to get interests from major schools. The big schools won't offer or sign without watching film on him. I wish him the best and also hope his dad makes a full and speedy recovery.

[quote name="Titletown2" post="1357530" timestamp="1356103068"]
Sunds like there some jealous people on this thread. Tony is a able to go these camps and get noticed by these big schools. You have to get invited to these big camps. If you don't perform at those camps, you won't get offers. Also, I've seen his stats and no they are not impressive. However, [b]I wonder how much of that is that the other teams stay away from his side of the field. I know that happened to Beasley and Thomas when they started to get interests from major schools[/b]. The big schools won't offer or sign without watching film on him. I wish him the best and also hope his dad makes a full and speedy recovery.
[/quote]
I tried to explain this earlier but some people only seem to want to hate b/c of their lack of knowledge.. As a freshmen and soph he had between 80 & 90 tackles and 2 or 3 INT's each season, stats are lowerer this season b/c teams went away for what ever reason

[quote name="ozens fastest@1906" post="1357534" timestamp="1356103330"]
[quote author=Titletown2 link=topic=107660.msg1357530#msg1357530 date=1356103068]
Sunds like there some jealous people on this thread. Tony is a able to go these camps and get noticed by these big schools. You have to get invited to these big camps. If you don't perform at those camps, you won't get offers. Also, I've seen his stats and no they are not impressive. However, [b]I wonder how much of that is that the other teams stay away from his side of the field. I know that happened to Beasley and Thomas when they started to get interests from major schools[/b]. The big schools won't offer or sign without watching film on him. I wish him the best and also hope his dad makes a full and speedy recovery.
[/quote]
I tried to explain this earlier but some people only seem to want to hate b/c of their lack of knowledge.. As a freshmen and soph he had between 80 & 90 tackles and 2 or 3 INT's each season, stats are lowerer this season b/c teams went away for what ever reason
[/quote]

I agree with both of these. You also have to look at the system he's playing in and the team he's playing with.... If Tony was on Nederland's team, his INT total would be huge with that D-Line. Tony's a special athlete and he is also a good steward of his giftedness.. IMO, he deserves every good thing that comes his way.

T Brown has the 3 things college coaches want, SIZE,SPEED,GRADES the potential is what they get pd to product, it would be nice to see a list of area kids that are playing MAJOR college football, and not just the kids that or some local 1st team all district because they have been playing in the same system for 8-9 yrs in the one high school towns or maybe thats why they dont get the big time offers coaches can see they are only good in there hometown svstems

[quote name="understand" post="1357976" timestamp="1356188312"]
T Brown has the 3 things college coaches want, SIZE,SPEED,GRADES the potential is what they get pd to product, it would be nice to see a list of area kids that are playing MAJOR college football, and not just the kids that or some local 1st team all district because they have been playing in the same system for 8-9 yrs in the one high school towns or maybe thats why they dont get the big time offers coaches can see they are only good in there hometown svstems
[/quote] Preach!!

To be fair to Brown, Thomas and Renfro at WOS had more opportunities to make a play on the ball because Thomas had Renfro and Renfro had Thomas. If you threw the ball against WOS you had to pick on one or the other.
Dove you are right on about the camps and recruiting. Kids can wow a coach in camp and gets an offer then becomes a bigtime recruit because of it and garners All State attention because of the recruitment not the stats. Remember Dravanti Johnson. Great Junior season, poor Senior season where he made second team All District by the locals who actually saw him and was named 4A Defensive POY by AP?? Why? Because he was a UT recruit!

[quote name="understand" post="1357994" timestamp="1356190825"]
badndn you're right and what did he do at UT in Nederland he was good in district at tb/lb Coach Newman system works for his players who he has from little league thru high school where are they at in college ?  so yes he earns that money being the highest pd coach in 20-4a'
[/quote]So how is this subject turning into a coach at Nederland???

In Dravanti Johnsons defense, he played outside. Dravanti had a great soph. and jr. season received a full ride to Texas before his senior season. Alot was expected from him his senior season.When he made a mistake people over reacted.When teams made a game plan I am sure it did not involve attacking Dravantis side.Chris Guttieres had a great season playing the middle LB position.Chris had more tackles than Dravanti in games.I saw a similar situation play out with Jordan Wood this year.He was the only unanimous defensive first team all district pick his soph. year.His junior year he was first team all district and super team member his junior year. Alot expected of him his senior season.He also played outside most of the time. Stampley had a awesome season playing a full year at middle LB position and deserved every honor he received.He had around 150 tackles and Wood had around 120.When giving out superlative awards linebackers off the same team are not a common site. Dravanti and Jordan had a hard getting the tackle totals from the outside.Just because they did not have the stats does not mean they did not play well! 

[quote name="scapegoat" post="1358102" timestamp="1356206141"]
In Dravanti Johnsons defense, he played outside. Dravanti had a great soph. and jr. season received a full ride to Texas before his senior season. Alot was expected from him his senior season.When he made a mistake people over reacted.When teams made a game plan I am sure it did not involve attacking Dravantis side.Chris Guttieres had a great season playing the middle LB position.Chris had more tackles than Dravanti in games.I saw a similar situation play out with Jordan Wood this year.He was the only unanimous defensive first team all district pick his soph. year.His junior year he was first team all district and super team member his junior year. Alot expected of him his senior season.He also played outside most of the time. Stampley had a awesome season playing a full year at middle LB position and deserved every honor he received.He had around 150 tackles and Wood had around 120.When giving out superlative awards linebackers off the same team are not a common site. Dravanti and Jordan had a hard getting the tackle totals from the outside.Just because they did not have the stats does not mean they did not play well! 
[/quote]

DJ was the 3rd best player on that defense behind Grogan and Guitierez.  I remember the Waller game when Grogan was playing out of his mind and Dravanti got all kinds of rewards and was named player of the week by multiple sites.  Grogan sacked the Qb and the ball flew up the air into DJ's stomach and he ran 25 yards for a TD.  Later Grogan stood up the QB, stripped him and ran 80 yards for a TD.  Grogan made both of those huge plays, but DJ got all of the press. 

The AP 4a defensive MVP was a joke.  There is no way the MVP should come off a team that lost 63-0 to Dayton and didn't make the playoffs.  The AP writers vote by how many stars a kid gets while the local coaches actually watch film. 

The hype is sometimes greater than the substance with major D1 recruits. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    udawuqag
    Newest Member
    udawuqag