New-Look Rangers

bullets13

They did not re-sign Mike Napoli or Josh Hamilton, and they traded Michael Young.  This team is going to look a lot different next season.  That being said, Napoli had half the season he'd had the year before (but still put up decent production from the catcher spot), Michael Young had one of the worst WAR (wins above replacement) in the league, and his worst statistical season since his rookie year, and Hamilton had a great start, but was a non-factor at the end of the season, missing games for various cockamamie reasons and having a relapse early in the season on his drug use.  I really don't mind all of these things.  Jurickson Profar needs an everyday spot, and Murphy needs one in the outfield.  The Rangers also signed Joakim Soria in free agency, which could be a HUGE addition for their bullpen.  Your thoughts?

I really don't know what to think just yet.  I hate the fact that Michael Young is gone but it had to happen sometime.  I have said multiple times in the past that the RANGERS has the most feared line-up in baseball.  This is no longer true with Napoli, Young and Hamilton gone.  I'm not sure what they are going to do to replace these guys but it will darn sure look different. 

Here's how I view our everyday lineup in some fashion....

C- Geovany Soto (or a FA pickup, possibly Pierzynski?)
1B- Mitch Moreland
2B- Jurickson Profar
3B- Adrian Beltre
SS- Elvis Andrus
LF- David Murphy
CF- Craig Gentry
RF- Nelson Cruz
DH- Ian Kinsler

There are other guys who will get some time, including Leonys Martin.... I think we will get another left-handed bat as well, maybe a Nick Swisher or an Adam LaRoche....

As far as the order, how about this:

1. Andrus
2. Gentry
3. Beltre
4. Cruz
5. Murphy
6. Kinsler
7. Moreland
8. Soto
9. Profar

Thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
The Rangers are going be just fine.... Lots of fans stressing over no big signings, but Pierzynski was a big signing....

C- Pierzynski
1B- Moreland
2B- Kinsler
3B- Beltre
SS- Andrus
LF- Murphy
CF- Gentry
RF- Cruz
DH- Berkman

1. Kinsler
2. Andrus
3. Berkman