local rankings

I was going to do one, but I didn't want to have to read about what people thought of them - so I decided not to.  With the lack of support the girls basketball gets on this site I didn't see a point.  I don't know where all the fans are.  We have so many fans on the boys basketball, it's pretty sad.  I would think with all the ranked teams in the area there would be more talk on here......

[quote name="Texans Fan" post="1353767" timestamp="1355281525"]
I think the rankings would help promote a little more traffic on this side of the site.
I would say top 5 are
1. Ozen
2. PAM
3t. Central
3t. HJ
3t. BH

[/quote]

Sadly, the "build it and they will come" is only in the movies...or at least it definitely does not apply to girls' high school athletics.  Last year and the year before, the girls basketball forum was replete with rankings, standings, schedules and individual game threads.  However, because of other commitments, my availabilty on the board has become a bit more limited and thus priorities have to be set.  And sadly, those priorities have to follow where the traffic IS currently flowing, not where some think traffic could flow.

I hate it because there are some good die hard lady fans such as the Barbers Hill bunch, and to some extent the Vidor and Ozen followers, as well as fans like tjcfan08 and 94feet, but folks this is simply not enough.  You want more?  You gotta show more.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1354431" timestamp="1355421180"]
[quote author=Texans Fan link=topic=107309.msg1353767#msg1353767 date=1355281525]
I think the rankings would help promote a little more traffic on this side of the site.
I would say top 5 are
1. Ozen
2. PAM
3t. Central
3t. HJ
3t. BH

[/quote]

Sadly, the "build it and they will come" is only in the movies...or at least it definitely does not apply to girls' high school athletics.  Last year and the year before, the girls basketball forum was replete with rankings, standings, schedules and individual game threads.  However, because of other commitments, my availabilty on the board has become a bit more limited and thus priorities have to be set.  And sadly, those priorities have to follow where the traffic IS currently flowing, not where some think traffic could flow.

I hate it because there are some good die hard lady fans such as the Barbers Hill bunch, and to some extent the Vidor and Ozen followers, as well as fans like tjcfan08 and 94feet, but folks this is simply not enough.  You want more?  You gotta show more.
[/quote]

I try to keep up with as much as I can, I have zero people who text and tell me scores and harldy anyone updates their threads.  It's sad.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1354431" timestamp="1355421180"]
[quote author=Texans Fan link=topic=107309.msg1353767#msg1353767 date=1355281525]
I would say top 5 are
1. Ozen
2. PAM
3t. Central
3t. HJ
3t. BH

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok fans WOSgrad has made the challenge, lets show some support for the ladies and start reporting scores standings and any other interesting info on the girls side. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Grad is right.  I have been involved in the rankings the past few years, but it has become too difficult to get accurate rankings when we can't even get scores.  If we could get scores weekly then rankings would not be a problem.  It's bad enough that we can't even get all the schedules.  I've emailed coaches and schools and some will not respond.  The ladies deserve better than that!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86