H-F AD

Guest scatright
Wow, that town really is screwed up.  BTW, I know your "young" defensive coordinator, and he is going to be a great one.  You can run him off if you'd like.  Maybe he will end up at the school that I support.  We'd love to have him. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Young" in his career.  Didn't say I would run him off, but if he came in with Harris, I would think he would leave with him; if he is heading out of town.  If an AD promotes a "young" guy to a coordinator position he must like him for something!  Hopefully he will be "greater" next year if he is still around; defense can't get much worse statistic wise.  I am sure he would love your support  ;)

One thing that is not being mentioned is numbers and talent.  The talent at HF has been lacking for a while.  There are some good classes coming up.  The numbers game that use to work in HFs favor back in the 80s and 90s are now working against them.  HF has been 3A for years.  They use to play EC, Anahuac, Warren, OF, Buna, SFA ans so forth.  Still playing a few of the old 3A district teams but now have to deal with WOS, Silsbee, Bridge City.  They no longer have what is considered as a larger enrollment.  Shoe is on the other foot and the talent is down.  The only way to turn it around is for the community to get behind a coach and keep their mouths shut.  Winning will come and more kids will play.  Whether Randy played on Friday night or not does not matter (I don't remember him getting to play).  He is a huge HF fan and supporter.

Mr. MERCEDES post is exactly what is wrong with alot of programs. All it takes is one or two misguided influential morons that can get done theirlittle agendas. Remember .. it is a sickening political system. Where the squeeky wheel... not the rightous or th majority.. gets fixed. And if poor little Johnny has one of those influential parents. They will stir the pot til they get their way. Its usually when the parents see the kid as th starting qb but would have been better suited as the tuba player. Then if the admin doesn't have the guts to allow th coach to coach then th program is doomed. I've always said... do u want to play band and politics?  Or do ya wanna play football?

Guest scatright
[quote name="finger roll" post="1351030" timestamp="1354912290"]
One thing that is not being mentioned is numbers and talent.  The talent at HF has been lacking for a while.  There are some good classes coming up.  The numbers game that use to work in HFs favor back in the 80s and 90s are now working against them.  HF has been 3A for years.  They use to play EC, Anahuac, Warren, OF, Buna, SFA ans so forth.  Still playing a few of the old 3A district teams but now have to deal with WOS, Silsbee, Bridge City.  They no longer have what is considered as a larger enrollment.  Shoe is on the other foot and the talent is down.  The only way to turn it around is for the community to get behind a coach and keep their mouths shut.  Winning will come and more kids will play.  [b]Whether Randy played on Friday night or not does not matter (I don't remember him getting to play)[/b].  He is a huge HF fan and supporter.
[/quote]

I'm thinking Ol' Randy is pretty sorry he put his name on that post earlier! ha

[quote author=killingmesmalls link=topic=107214.msg1351025#msg1351025 date=1354911427]
"Young" in his career.  Didn't say I would run him off, but if he came in with Harris, I would think he would leave with him; if he is heading out of town.  If an AD promotes a "young" guy to a coordinator position he must like him for something!  Hopefully he will be "greater" next year if he is still around; defense can't get much worse statistic wise.  I am sure he would love your support  ;)
[/quote]

I wouldn't put the blame for the "statistically" bad defense at HF at the feet of the coordinator, I would put that blame at the feet of the athletes.  I can promise you that the HF D coordinator had good schemes and game plans, but you cannot execute game plans against WOS with JV caliber football players. 

They would be much better football players if parents would get out of the way and allow the coaches to put them through a full football offseason program.  It's a vicious cycle at HF that will continue until you get a guy in who has no other options.  At that point, he will allow the parents to push him around due to the fact that he cannot get another job.  Harris can get another job, hence why he will leave rather than be pushed around.

[quote name="finger roll" post="1351030" timestamp="1354912290"]
One thing that is not being mentioned is numbers and talent.  The talent at HF has been lacking for a while.  There are some good classes coming up.  The numbers game that use to work in HFs favor back in the 80s and 90s are now working against them.  HF has been 3A for years.  They use to play EC, Anahuac, Warren, OF, Buna, SFA ans so forth.  Still playing a few of the old 3A district teams but now have to deal with WOS, Silsbee, Bridge City.  They no longer have what is considered as a larger enrollment.  Shoe is on the other foot and the talent is down.  The only way to turn it around is for the community to get behind a coach and keep their mouths shut.  Winning will come and more kids will play.  Whether Randy played on Friday night or not does not matter (I don't remember him getting to play).  He is a huge HF fan and supporter.
[/quote] well put finger roll  , wos has won state in 5a , they were dominate in 4a and they will rule 21-3a for years to come , silsbee isnt no slouch either these are former 5a and 4a teams . they need to let these coaches coach these players and the parents need to sit their butts in the stands and cheer . i saw some of the same things when i played in the mid 80's , i saw an incident with danaher my sophmore year and when charley wilson coached there  a disgruntled father came and was ready to fight him right there during our practice cause his son( who was all district the year before) was told he wasnt gonna start that week it got ugly , but that player wasnt putting his best foot forward something the father didnt see but we all saw it . i hope hamshire turns it around we had a really good football tradition that these kids should be enjoying and not wrecked by silly politics of so called grown ups .

[quote name="#62jjohnson" post="1351100" timestamp="1354922312"]
[quote author=finger roll link=topic=107214.msg1351030#msg1351030 date=1354912290]
[/quote] well put finger roll  , wos has won state in 5a , they were dominate in 4a and they will rule 21-3a for years to come , silsbee isnt no slouch either these are former 5a and 4a teams . they need to let these coaches coach these players and the parents need to sit their butts in the stands and cheer . i saw some of the same things when i played in the mid 80's , i saw an incident with danaher my sophmore year and when charley wilson coached there  a disgruntled father came and was ready to fight him right there during our practice cause his son( who was all district the year before) was told he wasnt gonna start that week it got ugly , but that player wasnt putting his best foot forward something the father didnt see but we all saw it . i hope hamshire turns it around we had a really good football tradition that these kids should be enjoying and not wrecked by silly politics of so called grown ups .
[/quote]I remember those days.  H-F was always fighting that top spot.

I have always enjoyed this blog, but have never posted until now, because I can't stand the misinformation of this thread.

First of all HF nation can't you see that the person who posted this thread was making his first ever post? Don't you think if this person had any credibility he would not make their first post a rumor about the HF program?
Then the second post is about the guy (their opinion) that they think should have got the job. Rocket276 and Scatight…Grow up! All you are doing is hurting your man from every getting a job at HF.

Steven, The average bench press of all athletes is not 300 in any high school. That is a lot of weight, maybe you are thinking about just linemen.  4.6 or less forty’s would not be close to an average speed for a team. You also keep talking about the school board (you also 12gage). I have been to a lot of meetings in my life. The football team’s record is the least worry of a school board. Their job is education first. I know you hate hearing that, but it’s true. How many meeting have you been at where they discussed controlling the AD? School board is a thankless job. The problem is people like Rocket and Scat trying to cause problems. Maybe they are from our competitors.

62Johnson you have it correct. You have to get stronger and faster no matter what sport you play and parents need to let the coach do their job.

Randy, you are a true fan and I would have loved to have been your teammate.

Killing…As far as the coaches being young does not matter. All coaches start at some point including the great ones. The issue this year was probably talent level not scheme. The JV and Freshman teams ran the same defense and I saw that they had winning records this year.

Seriously people, wake up, and don’t let someone try to tear the program apart. They post a rumor and y’all run with it.  My grandson tells me that they have something really special going on at HF. You are going to have complainers everywhere, but from what I understand from my grandson this coach does not put up with it. I love that about the guy. 

[quote name="HFFB Fan" post="1351297" timestamp="1354932052"]
I have always enjoyed this blog, but have never posted until now, because I can't stand the misinformation of this thread.

First of all HF nation can't you see that the person who posted this thread was making his first ever post? Don't you think if this person had any credibility he would not make their first post a rumor about the HF program?
Then the second post is about the guy (their opinion) that they think should have got the job. Rocket276 and Scatight…Grow up! All you are doing is hurting your man from every getting a job at HF.

Steven, The average bench press of all athletes is not 300 in any high school. That is a lot of weight, maybe you are thinking about just linemen.  4.6 or less forty’s would not be close to an average speed for a team. You also keep talking about the school board (you also 12gage). I have been to a lot of meetings in my life. The football team’s record is the least worry of a school board. Their job is education first. I know you hate hearing that, but it’s true. How many meeting have you been at where they discussed controlling the AD? School board is a thankless job. The problem is people like Rocket and Scat trying to cause problems. Maybe they are from our competitors.

62Johnson you have it correct. You have to get stronger and faster no matter what sport you play and parents need to let the coach do their job.

Randy, you are a true fan and I would have loved to have been your teammate.

Killing…As far as the coaches being young does not matter. All coaches start at some point including the great ones. The issue this year was probably talent level not scheme. The JV and Freshman teams ran the same defense and I saw that they had winning records this year.

Seriously people, wake up, and don’t let someone try to tear the program apart. They post a rumor and y’all run with it.  My grandson tells me that they have something really special going on at HF. You are going to have complainers everywhere, but from what I understand from my grandson this coach does not put up with it. I love that about the guy.
[/quote]Good post. +1  8)

[quote name="bigblue02" post="1351446" timestamp="1354937757"]
[quote author=El Presidente link=topic=107214.msg1351439#msg1351439 date=1354937398]
There is no excuse for HF to miss ten years of playoffs with all the talent they have had come thru.
[/quote]

It takes more then one or two talented kids to win a game, it takes 11 at a time.
[/quote]Not so. Seen a few teams win with one or two. Justin Twine comes to mind.

Probably fixing to make myself look stupid, but who is Justin Twine.  I have never seen an NFL team win a super bowl with just 1 or 2 talented players, nor have I saw a college football team win with just 1 or 2, nor have I seen a high school football team win a state champioship with just one or two.

Hffbfan I didn't say every kid benched 300 but half of the schools hf play they have alot of kids benching 300 r more  hf strongest kids r freshmen and fastest and the school board needs to let the AD do his job stop making him use coaches that want do there job thats been a problem for the last couple of ADs

[quote name="bigblue02" post="1351468" timestamp="1354938480"]
Probably fixing to make myself look stupid, but who is Justin Twine.  I have never seen an NFL team win a super bowl with just 1 or 2 talented players, nor have I saw a college football team win with just 1 or 2, nor have I seen a high school football team win a state champioship with just one or two.
[/quote]

The kid is a beast. Racked up 3200 yards last year in 10 games. 2400 rushing and 800 passing. Didn't make the playoffs because of defensive issues in my opinion. He couldn't play this year because of an injury.

[quote name="Steven" post="1351542" timestamp="1354941830"]
Hffbfan I didn't say every kid benched 300 but half of the schools hf play they have alot of kids benching 300 r more  hf strongest kids r freshmen and fastest and the school board needs to let the AD do his job stop making him use coaches that want do there job thats been a problem for the last couple of ADs
[/quote]

"Steven" how do you know what each school averages? Are you a coach at one of these schools? There is NO WAY any school averages a 4.6 40. That is one of the dumbest statements I have ever read on here. Is WOS and Silsbee fast? Yes but 4.6...come on man. And BC wasn't near as fast as they were last year. And I will have to agree with what someone said before. Why do you have two people on staff that used to be AD's (and successful ones) sitting behind a DC with three years experience (if that is a true statement). The young guy might turn out to be a good one but let him sit behind some experienced people so he can be a student of the game.

Funny though...you don't win in the pro's and college and it's the coaches fault. People in the GT don't win and it's blame the school board.

[quote name="killingmesmalls" post="1350873" timestamp="1354891944"]
At some point you have to stop blaming the coaches, not that I am backing Harris.  He said the right things to get hired, and you have to give hime time to implement his stuff; what ever that might be.  At one point,  in the last couple of years, H-F had 4 ADs on staff.  This years staff has a coordinator that has only coached 3 years total; and you want him to stop WOS, Silsbee; come on people!!  Instead of using someone on staff with a little more "football knowledge" to lead the defense, Harris puts it on a young guy and you get the results that were posted on another thread; worst in the district.  If he wants to leave let him go, and take whomever with him!  I am pretty sure he said "2 and 8 was unexceptable!  It is the coaches fault when a team goes 2-8 that they are not prepared week in and week out" when he hired in.

Offseason is another animal...
I am sure the new basketball coach is loving the fact that his basketball players did nothing but legs for a solid week after football started their "offseason" workout.  Maybe that's why they lost to Kountze 100-17.  17 points in four 8 minute quarters!!!  The kids COULDN'T MOVE!  Don't kill the other programs because your football team went winless in district.  Randy I know you work out, and several of us do; but you don't do legs for 45 min for 5 straight days (4 sets of 10) without working out other muscle groups.  Good luck to the rest of the programs this year.  Hopefully things will improve soon in Longhorn land.
[/quote]I agree with your statement.....don't kill the other programs because your football team went winless in district.  Harris is an AD, therefore, he should want ALL sports at HF to succeed.  Instead, he is trying to cripple the other sports.  Other programs (soccer, basketball, etc) working out is not unusual, but, its wrong to be working out on GAME DAY.  If football is all he gives a flip about, make him the head football coach ONLY!!  Just curious.......did football players work out or do their "max" on game day?

I was notified by a buddy that this was the hot topic and I just had to read it well I'm in disbelief, First off let me say this is an absolute embarrassment that people in Longhorn land have nothing better to do than sit around and bash coaches/board members/players. Secondly people know one in HF land should be starting rumors about coaches that coach our kids, Our coach has not even been here a year and people are bashing him and his assistants. Let them do their job I did not say you had to agree with everything that they do or say but as long as they are in charge of our kids than that's the way it will be. The last thing is I've read all these post and it seems like people want a change in the win/loss records at HF well if that's what you want then shut your mouths let the coaches do their jobs, let the players play, and let the parents parent. If the results don't get better in a couple years then you can bring up your concerns.......... By the way Navasota is still playing Football