H-F AD

[quote name="Longhornforlife" post="1351746" timestamp="1354981840"]
I was notified by a buddy that this was the hot topic and I just had to read it well I'm in disbelief, First off let me say this is an absolute embarrassment that people in Longhorn land have nothing better to do than sit around and bash coaches/board members/players. Secondly people know one in HF land should be starting rumors about coaches that coach our kids, Our coach has not even been here a year and people are bashing him and his assistants. Let them do their job I did not say you had to agree with everything that they do or say but as long as they are in charge of our kids than that's the way it will be. The last thing is I've read all these post and it seems like people want a change in the win/loss records at HF well if that's what you want then shut your mouths let the coaches do their jobs, let the players play, and let the parents parent. If the results don't get better in a couple years then you can bring up your concerns.......... [b]By the way Navasota is still playing Football [/b]
[/quote]Excellent post +1

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest scatright
[quote name="LOKI" post="1351754" timestamp="1354982556"]
[quote author=Longhornforlife link=topic=107214.msg1351746#msg1351746 date=1354981840]
I was notified by a buddy that this was the hot topic and I just had to read it well I'm in disbelief, First off let me say this is an absolute embarrassment that people in Longhorn land have nothing better to do than sit around and bash coaches/board members/players. Secondly people know one in HF land should be starting rumors about coaches that coach our kids, Our coach has not even been here a year and people are bashing him and his assistants. Let them do their job I did not say you had to agree with everything that they do or say but as long as they are in charge of our kids than that's the way it will be. The last thing is I've read all these post and it seems like people want a change in the win/loss records at HF well if that's what you want then shut your mouths let the coaches do their jobs, let the players play, and let the parents parent. If the results don't get better in a couple years then you can bring up your concerns.......... [b]By the way Navasota is still playing Football [/b]
[/quote]

Not only is Navasota still playing, they may be the best team in the state across all classifications.  But I'm sure their coaches dont' know anything about how to build a program.  They probably have all of the kids lifting like linemen.  Such a shame that they are poorly coached, if they weren't, no telling how good they could be!  ::)

[quote name="scatright" post="1351784" timestamp="1354985680"]
[quote author=LOKI link=topic=107214.msg1351754#msg1351754 date=1354982556]
[quote author=Longhornforlife link=topic=107214.msg1351746#msg1351746 date=1354981840]
[/quote]

Not only is Navasota still playing, they may be the best team in the state across all classifications.  But I'm sure their coaches dont' know anything about how to build a program.  They probably have all of the kids lifting like linemen.  Such a shame that they are poorly coached, if they weren't, no telling how good they could be!  ::)
[/quote]

Navasota is a very, very, very good football - no matter what classification - in the state of Texas.  BUT, (put your drink of choice down) they are not THE BEST IN TEXAS.  They could be competitive with the 5-A powers but they would not beat them.

Guest scatright
Apparently you missed the part where I said they "may be" the best in Texas.  Basically you and I said the exact same thing.  But thanks for making my point.

All that aside, they are definately the best team in the same 3A classification that HF plays in.  Why wouldn't you guys want to do things like they do at Navasota?  Anyone?

OK thanks for the positive remarks on this thread. Whoever started this thread should be ashamed along with the negative comments. I have a son in this program and he has come home day after day telling me this Coach is the real deal. My son is motivated, he believes in this program, he wants to work hard for Harris and his staff. Yes I said work, they are working them, tearing those muscles tissues down. Guess what the human body responds to rebuild that tissue! They know what they are doing and for all the parents in Fannett that dont like their kid having to work then get the hell out of Fannett, we dont want you or your kid! That is the issue it hasnt all been coaching its the parents/schoolboard! The school board needs to stop the nonsense and not even talk about anything negative with this new coach. Harris will stay here, and Fannett will be winning soon! If the parents and schoolboard runs him out, I know for a fact the top 5 athletes and others will leave, my son being one!

Good post spearhead except for the part about the School Board. Have not hear anything about the school board talking bad about Mr. Harris' program? I know several members and all tell me it has not been a discussion at all. Give them credit for listening to the selection committee and selecting one of the two finalist presented to them which was Harris. The two I talked to today told me they support him. Especially since he has not even been here a year. I agree with my first ever post and your comments that we need to blame the idiot that started this stupid thread.

[quote name="spearhead" post="1351977" timestamp="1355002955"]
OK thanks for the positive remarks on this thread. Whoever started this thread should be ashamed along with the negative comments. I have a son in this program and he has come home day after day telling me this Coach is the real deal. My son is motivated, he believes in this program, he wants to work hard for Harris and his staff. Yes I said work, they are working them, tearing those muscles tissues down. Guess what the human body responds to rebuild that tissue! They know what they are doing and for all the parents in Fannett that dont like their kid having to work then get the heck out of Fannett, we dont want you or your kid! That is the issue it hasnt all been coaching its the parents/schoolboard! The school board needs to stop the nonsense and not even talk about anything negative with this new coach. Harris will stay here, and Fannett will be winning soon! If the parents and schoolboard runs him out, I know for a fact the top 5 athletes and others will leave, my son being one!
[/quote]The top 5 or anyone else that appeared on the varsity roster won't be going anywhere.  They became "locked" to HF as soon as they were put on varsity.....unless they are willing to sit out a year

Guest scatright
[quote name="Butterbean" post="1352023" timestamp="1355004831"]
[quote author=spearhead link=topic=107214.msg1351977#msg1351977 date=1355002955]
OK thanks for the positive remarks on this thread. Whoever started this thread should be ashamed along with the negative comments. I have a son in this program and he has come home day after day telling me this Coach is the real deal. My son is motivated, he believes in this program, he wants to work hard for Harris and his staff. Yes I said work, they are working them, tearing those muscles tissues down. Guess what the human body responds to rebuild that tissue! They know what they are doing and for all the parents in Fannett that dont like their kid having to work then get the heck out of Fannett, we dont want you or your kid! That is the issue it hasnt all been coaching its the parents/schoolboard! The school board needs to stop the nonsense and not even talk about anything negative with this new coach. Harris will stay here, and Fannett will be winning soon! If the parents and schoolboard runs him out, I know for a fact the top 5 athletes and others will leave, my son being one!
[/quote]The top 5 or anyone else that appeared on the varsity roster won't be going anywhere.  They became "locked" to HF as soon as they were put on varsity.....unless they are willing to sit out a year
[/quote]

That's not completely true.  If they were at a d1 college, yes, you'd be spot on.  If their parents move into another district they are eligible to play immediately. 

[quote name="scatright" post="1352025" timestamp="1355005105"]
[quote author=Butterbean link=topic=107214.msg1352023#msg1352023 date=1355004831]
[quote author=spearhead link=topic=107214.msg1351977#msg1351977 date=1355002955]
[/quote]

That's not completely true.  If they were at a d1 college, yes, you'd be spot on.  If their parents move into another district they are eligible to play immediately.
[/quote]They can't play immediately on [b]varsity[/b]

Guest scatright
[quote name="Butterbean" post="1352060" timestamp="1355006662"]
[quote author=scatright link=topic=107214.msg1352025#msg1352025 date=1355005105]
[quote author=Butterbean link=topic=107214.msg1352023#msg1352023 date=1355004831]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes sir, they can.  If they move into the district and start the season in a new town, living in a new district, they can play [b]immediately.[/b]

[quote name="scatright" post="1352067" timestamp="1355007028"]
[quote author=Butterbean link=topic=107214.msg1352060#msg1352060 date=1355006662]
[quote author=scatright link=topic=107214.msg1352025#msg1352025 date=1355005105]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes sir, they can.  If they move into the district and start the season in a new town, living in a new district, they can play [b]immediately.[/b]
[/quote]The Hunter boys are a perfect example.  They moved to another district, all parties involved would not sign off and after meeting with UIL the boys were still not allowed to play varsity. Even a freshman that moved to HF this year had to sit out atleast 5 games before being eligible to play varsity.  I suppose if everything fell into place perfectly an athlete might be able to play varsity immediately.

Guest scatright
That is because everyone was very certain that the Hunter boys moved for athletic purposes.  That's why HF wouldn't sign off.  You'd have a hard time proving that any HF football players moved for athletic purposes.  It's much easier to speculate in BBall with all the AAU mingling the areas players do.  Much harder to police. 

PNG had a kid move in this year from San Angelo that started on Varsity out there as a Sophomore, but he had to sit out the first 5 games. Makes a lot of sense now don't it??
PNG would love to pair up our Freshman class (10-0) with that very good Longhorn Freshman group! Walker and Halfin have been great moveins from HF!:)

[quote name="jumpmanfeva" post="1351570" timestamp="1354944668"]
Saw Coach Harris at the Navasota/WO-S game tonight.  Actually coached with him previously.
[/quote]

I wonder how many times Harris said "REALLY!" or "FIX IT!" while STANDING ON NAVASOTA'S SIDELINE during the game?  Looks like he still would like to work for his previous coach...or maybe he was just getting some pointers.

Congrats to Navasota on the victory, hope you guys win it all!

i will say this, every since newton won their first state championship in 1974 (which they beat hamshire in bi district 14-13, who for 7 weeks was ranked #1 ) they havent looked back. im  sure they had a few down years (i do mean "few") here and there but  they win consistently . they won back when they were 2a  in 74 when the highest classification was 4a ,  they  won the 3a championship back  in 1998, went back too 2a won in 2005 and looks like they are about too win their 3rd state championship in 14 years . i look at results , they have a winning culture at that school and have had it for years . coach barbay was head coach from 1975 till he passed in 2010 , that school is in the playoffs every year . how many coaches has hamshire had since 2002 ? how many coaches have newton had since 1975 ? when you are a great coach you build great programs thus you will have a lot of support from all over that community . i have said give a coach 4 years to get it up and running if it isnt working by then then go in a different direction , but give the coach a chance . i look at east chambers who were our rivals for years they won district 20-3a in 1982 then they went on a drought where they didnt do anything from 1983 -1994 , since 1995 they have had winning records and have made the playoffs 17 years straight !!! i know the culture of kids are different than a lot of us that played back in the day , but i will still say if you have kids that love to play football and they have a good coaching staff it will manifest out there on the field.