H-F AD

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest scatright
If this is true, they will be kicking themselves for not hiring Lance Dale.  He wanted to be there.  Hopefully he will still want to be there if the current AD/HC leaves.

this is why they havent been to the playoffs in 11 years and keep posting losing records, since the 70's thru the 80's they didnt miss many years making the playoffs the longest drought was from 84-87  then from 88-01 under coach tarver they went on really good playoff runs as a matter of fact under tarver for 16yrs they went to the playoffs 10 times his record was 116-58-1 some of hamshire's powerful teams were under tarver , i heard he wanted to update things next thing you know he is in bridge city (in 5 yrs there  he won 3 district titles then retired ) . hamshire had all the ex players and coaches from the past come this year i wonder did they invite him ? tarver is the most successful coach in their history after all . hamshire has had hall of fame coaches that has come through that town koening who in 9 yrs went 69-27-1 from 1970-1975 he won district 3 times out right and shared the title 2 more times and took hamshire's best team historically to the semifinals in 1975 (the deepest they have ever been ) then phil danaher 6 years 43-22 , 3 district titles ,2 bi district titles and 2 trips too regionals and  one losing season 1982 . he left in 1984 and the rest is history 2nd all time winning coach in texas high school football history .tarver was the last straw,  i say hamshire is cursed you dont let legends come through your program like they have and have losing go on like it has for 11 years . let the ad/head coach do what he sees fit to do , i see coach danaher is still coaching . how long did that coach from newton coach them before he passed away ? he is/was a legend and had some great football teams and left a legacy there that you see manifesting deep into the playoffs , by the way i got them winning it all .

it may not be the coach or the kids  or talent but what needs to happen is the kids need to able to have fun playing the sport instead of always trying to please mommy or daddy with trying to do to much to win. i know most of the coaches and parents of these kids and i was once one of those who played and coached in the hf glory days. we never were favored to win but we did because we enjoyed playing for our school pride..    p.s. we didn't have to lift weights all year long or run extra but we were ready when the lights came on to compete you have to let these kids have fun and rest for their bodys and mind to be prepared to compete. lifting 5 days a week is a bit to much for these kids they are miserable and hate going to athletics and you new coaches should know this. 

[quote name="mercedes" post="1350676" timestamp="1354849831"]
it may not be the coach or the kids  or talent but what needs to happen is the kids need to able to have fun playing the sport instead of always trying to please mommy or daddy with trying to do to much to win. i know most of the coaches and parents of these kids and i was once one of those who played and coached in the hf glory days. we never were favored to win but we did because we enjoyed playing for our school pride..    p.s. we didn't have to lift weights all year long or run extra but we were ready when the lights came on to compete you have to let these kids have fun and rest for their bodys and mind to be prepared to compete. lifting 5 days a week is a bit to much for these kids they are miserable and hate going to athletics and you new coaches should know this.
[/quote]    LOL thats the funniest thing I have read all day. What do you think the schools that win around here do in athletics? Paddy Cake?

[/quote] mercedes what year did you graduate from hamshire ?

Guest scatright
[/quote]

What is the problem in HF??  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  There it is right there.  Parents against offseason.  No offseason, no successful football season.  Period.

[quote name="scatright" post="1350814" timestamp="1354882861"]
[quote author=mercedes link=topic=107214.msg1350676#msg1350676 date=1354849831]
[/quote]

What is the problem in HF??  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  There it is right there.  Parents against offseason.  No offseason, no successful football season.  Period.
[/quote]

Exactly! If you have no strength and haven't increased your foot speed, your going to lose nowadays against teams that have worked on these things, I don't care how much you "want to" win. Kids can't win the real games with their Nintendo thumbs and couch butts.

That is funny no offseason that is the reason h-f is losing no weight training that is the reason they r losing the average bench press at h-f is 200 the schools they r playing it is  over 300 the average squat at h-f is 315 the school they r playing is 450 the average speed at h-f is 5.0 the teams they r playing average speed is 4.7 r better that is the reason they r losing

the school board hired him , now they want to run the program, they have abiut 4 or 5 coaches that need to go , let harris do that , i went to hamshire and coached at hf , have a kid there , if the board would keep thies big mouths and noses out of his business then he might stay and bring them back to be respectful, bottom line LET HIM DO HIS JOB !

[quote name="12gage" post="1350826" timestamp="1354886454"]
the school board hired him , now they want to run the program, they have abiut 4 or 5 coaches that need to go , let harris do that , i went to hamshire and coached at hf , have a kid there , if the board would keep thies big mouths and noses out of his business then he might stay and bring them back to be respectful, bottom line LET HIM DO HIS JOB ! 12 gauge what year did you graduate from hamshire ?
[/quote]

we worked out during the off-season and worked out hard to build our strength to be able to compete. the coaches did not work our butts off during the season. the kids today look they are worn out when they played the competitors. they simply run out of gas because their legs are tired and they are not able to compete up to their abilities. we had a trainer named mr mac that made sure we were ready to compete on game days   

I hate to break it to you "Steven" but the average high school football team in the area does not average 300 bench press lets not get stupid now. I'm not going to comment on the issue because I have not heard much on what's going on but this school has some really good groups coming up and i'd love to see the right fit there in Hamshire to right the ship.

I talked with Coach Harris at length last night and i can tell you right now he is not going anywhere! The problem is he has instilled an offseaon (in season) because are you really off. The little poor Johnny actually is having to put work in to play. Basketball parents mad because during athletetics they workout wow what a concept!!!!!!
Now this mercedes guy you say you played and coached here??? 5 days a week is to much working out really? I have worked out for over 30 years on the average of 5 -6 days a week 2 hours a day! im 46 i can walk talk work play run fish just do anything working out is good for you period> or they can sit around in the house play xbox watch movies eat bonbons they can even watch daddy work his butt off outside and not offer to help! Now in my younger days we worked out. With all this being said its not the School Board ITS not The SUPERINTENDENT that to I CAN PROMISE.... 2 Words PARENTS AND ENTITLEMENt!
Oh one more thing to have any entegrity instead of these made up screen names sign your real name.

Randy Alvarez

At some point you have to stop blaming the coaches, not that I am backing Harris.  He said the right things to get hired, and you have to give hime time to implement his stuff; what ever that might be.  At one point,  in the last couple of years, H-F had 4 ADs on staff.  This years staff has a coordinator that has only coached 3 years total; and you want him to stop WOS, Silsbee; come on people!!  Instead of using someone on staff with a little more "football knowledge" to lead the defense, Harris puts it on a young guy and you get the results that were posted on another thread; worst in the district.  If he wants to leave let him go, and take whomever with him!  I am pretty sure he said "2 and 8 was unexceptable!  It is the coaches fault when a team goes 2-8 that they are not prepared week in and week out" when he hired in.

Offseason is another animal...
I am sure the new basketball coach is loving the fact that his basketball players did nothing but legs for a solid week after football started their "offseason" workout.  Maybe that's why they lost to Kountze 100-17.  17 points in four 8 minute quarters!!!  The kids COULDN'T MOVE!  Don't kill the other programs because your football team went winless in district.  Randy I know you work out, and several of us do; but you don't do legs for 45 min for 5 straight days (4 sets of 10) without working out other muscle groups.  Good luck to the rest of the programs this year.  Hopefully things will improve soon in Longhorn land.