2007 Tennis Season

Who will be the most recognized Tennis Player This year in the area?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the most recognized Tennis Player This year in the area?

• Matthew Deaver- Silsbee
    • Salina Aranda- Kirbyville
    • Matt Minick- Hardin-Jefferson
    • Aubrey Ludecke- Hardin Jefferson
    • Other

The best doubles team in the area is by far Scott Carnley and Tyler Word from Warren. They have already won three tournaments this year and the way they are playing right now I would have to say they have a good chance at winning the 2A state title this year. Tyler competed in the state tournament last year in doubles and Scott placed third in a very competitive region in singles. They have a good coach (Zak Carrell) that is giving them workouts during the week. If anyone can match up to these guys, give me a holla.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Let's not get too carried away with Word and Carnley winning state. The should be a shoo-in to get there, and have a shot to win it all. They have yet to show that they can play good tennis in a pressure situation. Look what happended when they played Kenton and Clement last week. If they can prove that they can play under pressure, then I'll say they have a chance to win state.

Let's not get too carried away with Word and Carnley winning state. The should be a shoo-in to get there, and have a shot to win it all. They have yet to show that they can play good tennis in a pressure situation. Look what happended when they played Kenton and Clement last week. If they can prove that they can play under pressure, then I'll say they have a chance to win state.

I agree with you garsnare...........I think Word and Carnley need to focus more about Tennis and less about dressing alike on Tennis Tournament :D

Boone and Clement are not that good of a team. I will admit they are both pretty good players, but i have seen both play individually and together and they dont compare to the powerhouse players like Deaver, Minick, or Desai. As for Scott and Tyler, they have the potential as well as Boone and Clement, but both teams lack the determination. We will see how it goes later on in the year. 

well seeing as Boone and Clement are playing singles in district then i dont see why they would need to be a determined doubles team...actually if they played these so called doubles gods from warren and beat them (i dont know if they did thats just hte drift i caught form garsnares comment) then they cant be that amazing because they played (and maybe lost, once again im not sure about that) a team that really isnt even a doubles team

Everybody needs to get alone, district is about to come up so don't be dissin everybody. Who cares who is better we will see who advances and who doesn't.

IT'S JUDGEMENT TIME!

"Everybody needs to get alone..." I think you need to get in the classroom and learn how to spell Ecc_1

• 2 weeks later...

Boone and Clement are not that good of a team. I will admit they are both pretty good players, but i have seen both play individually and together and they dont compare to the powerhouse players like Deaver, Minick, or Desai. As for Scott and Tyler, they have the potential as well as Boone and Clement, but both teams lack the determination. We will see how it goes later on in the year. 

i'm pretty sure boone and clement play about 3 hours everyday... i dunno but that sounds like determination... get some facts straight

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder