2007 Tennis Season

Who will be the most recognized Tennis Player This year in the area?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the most recognized Tennis Player This year in the area?

• Matthew Deaver- Silsbee
    • Salina Aranda- Kirbyville
    • Matt Minick- Hardin-Jefferson
    • Aubrey Ludecke- Hardin Jefferson
    • Other

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Matthew Deavers will be tough to beat this year. But he will have a tough district this year, he will have to face a tough competitor in district from Hardin-Jefferson and they could possibly meet again in the regional finals. Both Minick and Deavers will be tough to beat this year. Who will pull this match out?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not to sure about deaver. His older brother tried over and over to get out of regionals but never until they played doubles his senior year. People that have never been to a regional or state tournament doesn't know how tough it is. Matt will have to get past Waco Robinson, Groesbeck, Bellville, and Lagrange. All of them are powerhouses in tennis. To say that Matt could win state is to say that he is better that kody. I don't think that he is yet. But Matt is a great kid and is only a sophmore with great skill and even greater potential. Another prospect from our area is Salina Aranda from Kirbyville. She has advanced to State 2 of the last three years. Now she's a senior and this is her year. She is hitting better and harder than she ever has. Also watch out for Minnick from HJ. He's a great player that has went to regionals the previous three years. Doubles is pretty open, but there is always some sleepers in that.  Good Luck to all our players in our area.

Period.

I agree i think salina could be our best chance at a state title. I think Matt Deaver will be to young to complete this goal this year, but he will surely accomplish it in the near future. Matt Minick is a veteran in my opinion. He has been in this situation a few times, but he still hasn't gotten past the goal in which he wishes to accomplish. I hear he is working hard, but will it be hard enough.That lost last year in regionals really hurt him. And the crazy thing is that all three of these players are in the same district. If i was yall i would go out and check this district out. The match im waiting to see is Minick vs. Deaver in the final of district 21-3A

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Minick did play Deavers in the Semis of the Lamar tournament. He was the only one that looked to give any competition to Deavers. Both players looked good, but Deavers took advantage of Minick's serve. He took alot of Minick's serves and crushed it for mainly winners. Minick had a 3-0 lead in the 1st set.Due to a Great start and amazing returns. I think if Minick can get his serve up to par then he will be a true competitor for Deavers. Minick broke Deavers for most of his games, but could not hold serve.They should have met in the Finals, but Minick wasn't seeded and was placed in Deavers draw. Deavers and Minick are unbelieveable. This will be interesting to watch as the year goes on. I can see both players in the state meet. I will post more information as soon as i know it.

Tennis this year is going to be competitive who will be the player everyone is looking at? Any of these young athletes could be headed for a state title. Give your opinions

:D :D  Salina Aranda is headed for the State Title, without a doubt she is the tennis player from our area of the state to watch. She has worked extremely hard to get her game ON track and I do believe she is there.Kirbyville is always producing tennis players GREAT Accomplishment for those kids in the sticks.

My point exactly Baller. I started to think who has the most experience. Minick has been to regionals the past three years, but has not advanced. Deavers in his 1st year advanced to state. Even though Minick has not made it to state, i believe he has the edge in this due to his experience in the next level. It will all depend who is willing to work the hardest to advance. From what i hear, Minick needs his serve improved. Then i will see if he has what it takes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83