Navosato's Passing Offense

[quote name="Hupernikomen" post="1349911" timestamp="1354745806"]
good question.  I was trying to see who was recruiting some of their players too.  The qb surely is being recruited.  There are several on defense that must as well.  Someone from Navasota needs to give us some info. on these athletes.  If they get by WO-S, region III will be very well represented.
[/quote]

I can say that LSU, TX A&M, Sam Houston, & PV all had recruiters on Navasota's side on Friday vs La Marque.  The players have chosen not to entertain recruitment until the season is over.  There are many on offense and deffense who are being looked at by Division 1 schools including Baker, McGinty, Creeks, Collins, Minor, and Wells that I know of.

[quote name="Rattler99" post="1349928" timestamp="1354747184"]
[quote author=Hupernikomen link=topic=107180.msg1349911#msg1349911 date=1354745806]
good question.  I was trying to see who was recruiting some of their players too.  The qb surely is being recruited.  There are several on defense that must as well.  Someone from Navasota needs to give us some info. on these athletes.  If they get by WO-S, region III will be very well represented.
[/quote]

I can say that LSU, TX A&M, Sam Houston, & PV all had recruiters on Navasota's side on Friday vs La Marque.  [b]The players have chosen not to entertain recruitment until the season is over.[/b]  There are many on offense and deffense who are being looked at by Division 1 schools including Baker, McGinty, Creeks, Collins, Minor, and Wells that I know of.
[/quote] Totally agree, focus on the season first.

[quote name="bluedevil" post="1349938" timestamp="1354747680"]
well one thing i know is dat wo-s has highly recruited players everywhere in their secondary... i look for wo-s to lock down and show why they are da number 1 defense in da state of texas against those highly stated recievers from Navosota
[/quote]

It will be a good game, but Navasota's offense is much more complex than throwing to the "highly stated receivers."

navosato dose not hide what there going to do when thay brake out of the huddle so i dont belive the mustangs will haft to blitz them.it would not suprise me to see them go for the home run  on the first play.i also belive the mustangs will invite  the rattlers QB to run the ball just like texans did wo-s years back besley took some very very hard hits if you remember. we as mustangs fan can only hope for the best for our kids

[quote name="skipper" post="1349954" timestamp="1354749327"]
navosato dose not hide what there going to do when thay brake out of the huddle so i dont belive the mustangs will haft to blitz them.it would not suprise me to see them go for the home run  on the first play.i also belive the mustangs will invite  the rattlers QB to run the ball just like texans did wo-s years back besley took some very very hard hits if you remember. we as mustangs fan can only hope for the best for our kids
[/quote]

I've been watching Navasota football for the longest.  I am not sure why everyone assumes that Navasota goes for the homerun on every play.  They take what the defense gives them. La Marque dropped 8 into coverage so we ran the ball...  If the deep post is open, believe me, Baker will get the ball to the reciever.

I think Friday's game against the Cougars answered many questions about Navasota.

1. Yes, they can run the ball if they need to.
2. Yes, they are capable of playing a grind it out game.
3. Yes, they are good enough to win in a close game even when turning the ball over 3 times.
4. Yes, the are able to play in the trenches.

I think the best two 3A teams in the state are playing in this one. Different styles, but great at what they do. Loser here has nothing to hang their head about.
Keys to winning for WOS:
1. Pressure on QB. Chain Gang DEs are not big, but are very sound and fast, that and the DBs can cover like no other which gives that line more time to get pressure. Big test for them.
2. Stang offense needs to grind it out. Keep the D rested and the Rattler O on the side lines. Nothing frustrates a great offense and makes them get outta their game like keepin them on the sidelines for long periods.
THIS IS MUSTANG FOOTBALL like I saw back in the late 80's.
Good Luck Mustangs!

[quote name="bulldogs1990" post="1349983" timestamp="1354753122"]
People it's not even gonna be close Navasota will blow them out
[/quote]Friday night will sure answer everyones statements,opinions. For sure. Good luck to both teams. Leave it all on the field. Pray there's no injury's to either team.

[quote name="badndn" post="1349975" timestamp="1354752328"]
I think the best two 3A teams in the state are playing in this one. Different styles, but great at what they do. Loser here has nothing to hang their head about.
Keys to winning for WOS:
1. Pressure on QB. Chain Gang DEs are not big, but are very sound and fast, that and the DBs can cover like no other which gives that line more time to get pressure. Big test for them.
2. Stang offense needs to grind it out. Keep the D rested and the Rattler O on the side lines. Nothing frustrates a great offense and makes them get outta their game like keepin them on the sidelines for long periods.
THIS IS MUSTANG FOOTBALL like I saw back in the late 80's.
Good Luck Mustangs!
[/quote]

Good stuff, "ndn."

[quote name="the-riot07" post="1350125" timestamp="1354776275"]
As a ozen fan I would shut up since your football team absolutely sucked!!!!'n your opinion does not matter at all! With the beat defense in the statesome people still wouldn't give props to a terrible team like ozen!
[/quote]You mad bro?

[quote name="the-riot07" post="1350125" timestamp="1354776275"]
As a [b]ozen[/b] fan I would shut up since your football team [b]absolutely sucked[/b]!!!!'n your opinion does not matter at all! With the beat defense in the statesome people still wouldn't give props to a [b]terrible team like ozen![/b]
[/quote]Well Ozen made the playoffs so your post is invalid in that regard. Sorry.  :P

[quote name="bluedevil" post="1349938" timestamp="1354747680"]
well one thing i know is dat wo-s has highly recruited players everywhere in their secondary... i look for wo-s to lock down and show why they are da number 1 defense in da state of texas against those highly stated recievers from Navosota
[/quote]

;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33