5A Georgetown commits its 2nd 4A robbery vs Angleton!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BigDog007" post="1348102" timestamp="1354509863"]
[b]Thing about us 20-4A fans is we stick together[/b] and don't trash our opponents after they have kicked our butts no matter what their enrollment may be.
[/quote] and i got a say before anyone say otherwise (I went to Lincoln my first 2 years of HS ex-20-4A school)  ;)

CLASS 19-4A SUMMER CREEKS BASKETBALL RECORD IS 3-3,BUT ACCORDING TO SOME  OF THEIR FANS THE 3 LOSES SHOULDNT COUNT BECAUSE THEY WERE TO  5A SCHOOLS-CY FALLS, TOMBALL & MY OLD SCHOOL KLEIN FOREST.WINNERS MAKE IT HAPPEN,LOSERS MAKE EXCUSES.

I support all the teams from 19-4a but SC has got to stop saying they lost to a 5a school. Georgtown was 5a and couldn't get within a game of .500. They are smaller than SC, Dawson, and Friendswood. Ned just took out the school with most likely the largest enrollment in all of 4a. SC lost to Georgetown because they can't play defense just like Crosby and BH. Dayton couldn't either but Ned doesn't have a high powered offense, they just play some serious D which is proving to work better than the outscoring you route everyone else in 19-4a took. SC was close to being the biggest school in 4a this year and could be the largest next year. Doesn't matter how long you've played varsity, the guys on the team have been playing as long as any other kid's teams you've played. Hard to accept playoff losses for whatever reason, but the longer SC plays varsity the more you'll see every time you don't win a state championship there's an excuse. Make sure you don't mistake excuses for reasons.

Well, I wonder what the excuse will be when both SC and Georgetown are 5A and SC still loses to them?? hahahahaha!!!!!  Maybe it will be because GT has kids that are 19 and 20 playing on their team and somebody should check their birth certificates!! LOL  I smell a team that just can't handle the fact that they lost and are out of the playoffs....

As Coach Jim Mora said.........
[size=18pt]PLAYOFFS?!?!?!?[/size]

GT will win this game just hard to say by how much. Enrollment does help but sc has an advantage in that catagory almost every game they play. I just think sc ran into a freight train called gt. My question is since pd was ranked #1 that made the ned game an upset. So since ned is ranked higher than gt will this game be considered an upset.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1348339" timestamp="1354560616"]
GT will win this game just hard to say by how much. Enrollment does help but sc has an advantage in that catagory almost every game they play. I just think sc ran into a freight train called gt. My question is since pd was ranked #1 that made the ned game an upset. So since ned is ranked higher than gt will this game be considered an upset.
[/quote]

Nope. We will beat georgetown. That quarterback is gonna be introduced to washington and co. We are gonna roll, baby! Wooooooo!

[quote name="kf89" post="1348130" timestamp="1354514162"]
CLASS 19-4A SUMMER CREEKS BASKETBALL RECORD IS 3-3,BUT ACCORDING TO SOME  OF THEIR FANS THE 3 LOSES SHOULDNT COUNT BECAUSE THEY WERE TO  5A SCHOOLS-CY FALLS, TOMBALL & MY OLD SCHOOL KLEIN FOREST.WINNERS MAKE IT HAPPEN,LOSERS MAKE EXCUSES.
[/quote]
Only a few are making excuses. What happened, happened. Look foward to giving it another go next season.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1348160" timestamp="1354541252"]
I support all the teams from 19-4a but SC has got to stop saying they lost to a 5a school. Georgtown was 5a and couldn't get within a game of .500. They are smaller than SC, Dawson, and Friendswood. Ned just took out the school with most likely the largest enrollment in all of 4a. SC lost to Georgetown because they can't play defense just like Crosby and BH. Dayton couldn't either but Ned doesn't have a high powered offense, they just play some serious D which is proving to work better than the outscoring you route everyone else in 19-4a took. SC was close to being the biggest school in 4a this year and could be the largest next year. Doesn't matter how long you've played varsity, the guys on the team have been playing as long as any other kid's teams you've played. Hard to accept playoff losses for whatever reason, but the longer SC plays varsity the more you'll see every time you don't win a state championship there's an excuse. Make sure you don't mistake excuses for reasons.
[/quote]

I think half of y'all are going crazy on here. Nobody said it was an excuse. All I said, ME, "SC it is" is there is a difference in dropping from 5a vs going up to 5a, and if y'all don't understand that. Too bad. [size=10pt]BUT, I REPEAT....THAT IS NOT THE REASON SC LOST TO GEORGETOWN.....WE LOST BECUSE OF DEFENSE COULDN'T STOP NOBODY, QUESTIONABLE OFFENSIVE CALLS, AND THEY LINEMAN WERE HUGE, AND WHOOPED OUR LINEMAN ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL......[/size]Now can y'all take a chill pill and be still 8)

[quote name="baddog" post="1348473" timestamp="1354571743"]
Is that a yes?

About Georgetown.....is their offense like one that you have not played before? Are they always in a 5 receiver set or do they run the ball too?

We're you able to pressure their QB?
[/quote]

Yes, they are mostly in 4 and 5 WR sets. Their QB is very good. Can make all the throws and will tuck it and run when pressured. Has good size also (6'3, 185). We couldn't hardly get any pressure on him, but for some reason, we stayed in a 3 man front all day. Our best DL Deon Brown had trouble getting to him, but did get a hard shot on him and caused him to throw a pick. The key is to pressure him, but their OL is big and very strong. If any defense can put pressure in him, it would be the Nederland Dline. They can match up size and strength wise with GTown. They just need to stay in the lanes, work upfield and disrupt the QB's view downfield. They have good WR's, but their best playmaker is #2. He is small, but very quick. If Nederland's defense can get a few stops, then I think they can score just enough to get the win. But it won't be easy. GTown doesn't have the raw talent like Dawson offensively, but they play as a unit and they don't make too many mistakes. I'll be rooting for the Dogs this week.

[quote name="ATWILDCAT" post="1348489" timestamp="1354573779"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=107018.msg1348473#msg1348473 date=1354571743]
Is that a yes?

About Georgetown.....is their offense like one that you have not played before? Are they always in a 5 receiver set or do they run the ball too?

We're you able to pressure their QB?
[/quote]

Yes, they are mostly in 4 and 5 WR sets. Their QB is very good. Can make all the throws and will tuck it and run when pressured. Has good size also (6'3, 185). We couldn't hardly get any pressure on him, but for some reason, we stayed in a 3 man front all day. Our best DL Deon Brown had trouble getting to him, but did get a hard shot on him and caused him to throw a pick. The key is to pressure him, but their OL is big and very strong. If any defense can put pressure in him, it would be the Nederland Dline. They can match up size and strength wise with GTown. They just need to stay in the lanes, work upfield and disrupt the QB's view downfield. They have good WR's, but their best playmaker is #2. He is small, but very quick. If Nederland's defense can get a few stops, then I think they can score just enough to get the win. But it won't be easy. GTown doesn't have the raw talent like Dawson offensively, but they play as a unit and they don't make too many mistakes. I'll be rooting for the Dogs this week.
[/quote]

Thanks for the input. At the risk of sounding cocky (confident actually), I put our defensive front against anyone. Dawson was bigger but we controlled the LOS. Any passing QB, the key is to get to him or at least get pressure and make him force some throws. I think back on our Livingston and Ozen games, both of which ran the spread with passing and scrambling QBs. We did pretty well against them. Georgetown is tough though or they would not be here. I am sure we will be ready. My question is that we have seen offenses like this, I wonder if Georgetown has played a scrappy defense like ours?

[quote name="baddog" post="1348479" timestamp="1354572684"]
He left. I think we nailed him.
[/quote]

I didn't leave, I just get tired of the pop up ads, so I'm Harley on here. Plus my team is in basketball season like mytwocents team......if Ned D line can get in their and disrupt the QB, and Ned's corners have tp pop the wrs, you all will win.....if you go back and watch the game SC played against them, you will see where we all just self destructed.

Yes Vidor's season has been over 1 week longer than SC's but we aren't on here crying about losing to a 5A school, waaa, waaa, waaa, waaaaaaaa, Georgetown has too many kids, it's not fair. Let's go Big Ned, the REAL Bulldogs are still playing. Keep rollin' Ned.

I bet deep down SC is glad they got beat....Just so they wouldn't have had to take that whoopin' Ned was going to give them. They won't admit it but deep down they are happy, happy, happy!

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1348527" timestamp="1354577440"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=107018.msg1348474#msg1348474 date=1354571765]
I think he is lol.
[/quote]

Shouldn't you be at basketball practice? Vidor season been over long time ago  ;D
[/quote]
Same could be said about you kid. I'm here supporting my district. What are you doing here??

[list]
[/list][quote name="VPATH" post="1348591" timestamp="1354584077"]
Yes Vidor's season has been over 1 week longer than SC's but we aren't on here crying about losing to a 5A school, waaa, waaa, waaa, waaaaaaaa, Georgetown has too many kids, it's not fair. Let's go Big Ned, the REAL Bulldogs are still playing. Keep rollin' Ned.

I bet deep down SC is glad they got beat....Just so they wouldn't have had to take that whoopin' Ned was going to give them. They won't admit it but deep down they are happy, happy, happy!
[/quote]

Yes we are very happy we didn't play Ned,  ::)

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1348602" timestamp="1354585070"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=107018.msg1348527#msg1348527 date=1354577440]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=107018.msg1348474#msg1348474 date=1354571765]
I think he is lol.
[/quote]

Shouldn't you be at basketball practice? Vidor season been over long time ago  ;D
[/quote]
Same could be said about you kid. I'm here supporting my district. What are you doing here??
[/quote]

Yea thinking about all the what ifs  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin