• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1345202" timestamp="1354301526"]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=106919.msg1345160#msg1345160 date=1354297533]
Colin is commited to Mcneese State he'll be a monster there
[/quote]

Some big time school is [u]definately[/u] missing out on Colin, every team should have a Colin. McNeese will be very pleased.
[/quote]

Yeah, i saw he was listed as a strong safety at 5'11" 170lbs. On this highlight video he's playing DE/OLB and dominating. If he grows a couple inches and can add some weight to his frame, the sky's the limit. McNeese is getting a player for sure.

Wow... lol they play so much like our defense. (la marque) Except they are much better in coverage in the secondary, which is why i had them ranked right above us in my top 5 3a defenses this season. But they look like a lot of fun to watch. If we can't shut down Navasota tonight i know they will have a good chance at it.

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1345202" timestamp="1354301526"]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=106919.msg1345160#msg1345160 date=1354297533]
Colin is commited to Mcneese State he'll be a monster there
[/quote]

Some big time school is [u]definately[/u] missing out on Colin, every team should have a Colin. McNeese will be very pleased.
[/quote]

Id be suprised if a bigger school didn't steal him before signing day

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1346104" timestamp="1354334678"]
Funny thing about this WOS is good like this every year but when it comes down to competing with the big boys they always lose
[/quote]

Im sorry were you serious?  WOS does more with less then anybody,  year in and year out. And no wos is not this good every year. But they are always better then Ozen every year.

Also guys the highlight has been updated more games have been added enjoy

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1346853" timestamp="1354389804"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=106919.msg1346104#msg1346104 date=1354334678]
Funny thing about this WOS is good like this every year but when it comes down to competing with the big boys they always lose
[/quote]

Im sorry were you serious?  WOS does more with less then anybody,  year in and year out. And no wos is not this good every year. But they are always better then Ozen every year.

[/quote]

And, Ozensfinest (I hope that's a play on words and not meant to be taken literally), where are you guys playing football this coming weekend?  What was that?  You're not?  Why is that?  Ohhhh, I see - don't want to talk about it.  I understand.  Keep it in the gym. 8)

[quote name="usedtobe" post="1346872" timestamp="1354390972"]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=106919.msg1346853#msg1346853 date=1354389804]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=106919.msg1346104#msg1346104 date=1354334678]
[/quote]

[/quote]

And, Ozensfinest (I hope that's a play on words and not meant to be taken literally), where are you guys playing football this coming weekend?  What was that?  You're not?  Why is that?  Ohhhh, I see - don't want to talk about it.  I understand.  Keep it in the gym. 8)
[/quote]Your correct WOS is better than Ozen in football every year but WOS is traditionally a football school where as ozen is traditionally a basketball in which we are better than yall year in and year out...my point is take Deon Beasley senior for example...Was that team better than this team? Yes they were by a long shot and guess what happened to them when they met some competition in the playoffs? Lost! Answer this question when is the last time WOS has made it to the state game? at least over 10 years ago and I'm not hating I'm just stating how I feel about WOS they're a great program don't get me wrong best in the area for sure but seems to be choke artist when they get deep in the playoffs

[quote name="kicker" post="1347770" timestamp="1354486142"]
Well...I guess i would rather choke consitently going 3-5 rounds deep vs not making the playoffs every year. Or heck, even having a winning record.
[/quote]Yeah i guess so, I'm just stating the obvious though this weekend will be a prime example of what I'm saying.

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1348089" timestamp="1354508795"]
[quote author=kicker link=topic=106919.msg1347770#msg1347770 date=1354486142]
Well...I guess i would rather choke consitently going 3-5 rounds deep vs not making the playoffs every year. Or heck, even having a winning record.
[/quote]Yeah i guess so, I'm just stating the obvious though this weekend will be a prime example of what I'm saying.
[/quote]

When you consistently win your district and go a few rounds deep in the playoffs, the word "choke" does not apply.  Also, not winning state every year does not qualify as "choke".  Pick a better word. 

Now, two years ago when we lost in to an inferior Brookshire Royal team, that was a choke.  The Mustangs choking in the playoffs has been rare.  We've regularly finished as a top 5-10 team in the state since being a 3A team.  That's called "accomplished", not "choke."

[quote name="griff" post="1348164" timestamp="1354541376"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=106919.msg1348089#msg1348089 date=1354508795]
[/quote]

When you consistently win your district and go a few rounds deep in the playoffs, the word "choke" does not apply.  Also, not winning state every year does not qualify as "choke".  Pick a better word. 

Now, two years ago when we lost in to an inferior Brookshire Royal team, that was a choke.  The Mustangs choking in the playoffs has been rare.  We've regularly finished as a top 5-10 team in the state since being a 3A team.  That's called "accomplished", not "choke."
[/quote]So what you call y'all losing to that in 05' Beasley's senior yr? And if navasota get an easy win against y'all this weekend what will you call that? Your basically saying its ok to lose as long as you go three rounds deep in the playoffs every yr all that shows is that you can't compete with the best in the state...but like I said we shall see this weekend i hope you remember this thread cause I'll be sure to remind you of our convo Friday night

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1348450" timestamp="1354569596"]
[quote author=griff link=topic=106919.msg1348164#msg1348164 date=1354541376]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=106919.msg1348089#msg1348089 date=1354508795]
[/quote]

[/quote]So what you call y'all losing to that in 05' Beasley's senior yr? And if navasota get an easy win against y'all this weekend what will you call that? Your basically saying its ok to lose as long as you go three rounds deep in the playoffs every yr all that shows is that you can't compete with the best in the state...but like I said we shall see this weekend i hope you remember this thread cause I'll be sure to remind you of our convo Friday night
[/quote]
Someones sounds very jealous!!

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1348450" timestamp="1354569596"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

You don't read with comprehension, do you?  I was trying to help you understand that using the word "choke" is not accurate in describing our many consecutive years of winning district and making a 3-4 round playoff run.  You see...not winning a state title every year is not a choke.  If that's the standard you want to use, then 1) you need to consult a dictionary and 2) Ozen has been a "choke" team in basketball because they don't win the trophy every season. 

As for the '05 season with Beasley at QB...the reason we lost is because Wimberley was the better team.  That's all there is to it.  There's no shame in admitting a team is better than yours when they are...and that, too, does not qualify as a "choke".  Wimberley was the best team in the state that year, and congratulations to them.  If Navasota wins "easily" (as you've described), then it will be noted that they were simply the better team.  Being ONE OF the best teams is still something to be proud of.  Get some perspective on this, please. 

[quote name="griff" post="1348513" timestamp="1354575573"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=106919.msg1348450#msg1348450 date=1354569596]
[/quote]

[/quote]

You don't read with comprehension, do you?  I was trying to help you understand that using the word "choke" is not accurate in describing our many consecutive years of winning district and making a 3-4 round playoff run.  You see...not winning a state title every year is not a choke.  If that's the standard you want to use, then 1) you need to consult a dictionary and 2) Ozen has been a "choke" team in basketball because they don't win the trophy every season. 

As for the '05 season with Beasley at QB...the reason we lost is because Wimberley was the better team.  That's all there is to it.  There's no shame in admitting a team is better than yours when they are...and that, too, does not qualify as a "choke".  Wimberley was the best team in the state that year, and congratulations to them.  If Navasota wins "easily" (as you've described), then it will be noted that they were simply the better team.  Being ONE OF the best teams is still something to be proud of.  Get some perspective on this, please.
[/quote]So what do you consider a choke? Plz explain so if WOS falls anything short of a state title this yr what would you consider that? Because in Ozen bball anything short of a state title is a down year for us

[quote name="Majestyk" post="1348555" timestamp="1354580400"]
Why don't you take your jealous butt somewhere else then.
[/quote]What am I jealous of? WOS is a great program and produce a lot of great players but my only knock on their program is that they can't compete with the big dogs in 3A I'm definitely not jealous gotta lot of good friends from WOS but I'm just stating the facts

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1348559" timestamp="1354580587"]
[quote author=Majestyk link=topic=106919.msg1348555#msg1348555 date=1354580400]
Why don't you take your jealous butt somewhere else then.
[/quote]What am I jealous of? WOS is a great program and produce a lot of great players but my only knock on their program is that they can't compete with the big dogs in 3A I'm definitely not jealous gotta lot of good friends from WOS but I'm just stating the facts
[/quote]

SO, Ozen are chokers because they have loads of talent but can't play with the big dogs in 4A? I can understand being at Ozen that you have no idea how hard it is to get a a state football championship. Stangs are no more chokers than Ozen is. We have one of the best programs in the state and not many teams can say that they have made it to the big game 4 times with a school who only has a 32 year old history. It's a hard thing to do to carry on a tradition like we have. Special teams only come along so many times, there are not many Southlake Carroll's, LaMarque's, and Katy's who have done better. Look at Odessa Permian, how long since they dominated like they did. I submit to you it is easier in basketball when you have only 5 to 8 players who have to contribute than it is in football when you have to have so many kids who have to contribute so much. Not saying it is easy in basketball because it is not, ya'll guys know how hard it is. Stangs may win or lose, but about 200 or more high schools in the state would love to be in our shoes.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317