West Beaumont Blue Bulldogs are National Champions!!!

Bmt Pride

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Bmt Pride" post="1335131" timestamp="1353187142"]
Bmt B beat Jasper/Woodille allstar team today 39-0. Good job to both teams. Those Jasper/Woodville boys could play ball and could give some licks!

Watch out Corpus, the show is coming your way!
[/quote]If Woodville/Jasper were giving some licks im curious to know how did Bmt handle being lit up. I also heard Bmt B was popping them just as well.

[quote name="Gucci" post="1336926" timestamp="1353336062"]
[quote author=Bmt Pride link=topic=106435.msg1335131#msg1335131 date=1353187142]
Bmt B beat Jasper/Woodille allstar team today 39-0. Good job to both teams. Those Jasper/Woodville boys could play ball and could give some licks!

[/quote]If Woodville/Jasper were giving some licks im curious to know how did Bmt handle being lit up. I also heard Bmt B was popping them just as well.
[/quote]Gucci, it was a hard fought game.  Those kids played hard and hit just as hard, but the kids from BMT B outlasted them and eventually broke their spirits.  There were a lot of big hits going both ways in this game. [move][color=blue]But the BMT B train kept on rolling[/color][/move]

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="Bmt Pride" post="1335131" timestamp="1353187142"]

[/quote]Someone told me last night that BMT B has decided to play in the AAU National Tournament in Houston Tx Dec 7-9. Games are played at Reliant Stadium. Im curious to see how the BMT B kids will stack up against some of the best SELECT TEAMS from all over Texas and other States. Good Luck!!

[quote name="Iphone5" post="1344315" timestamp="1354193786"]
[quote author=Bmt Pride link=topic=106435.msg1335131#msg1335131 date=1353187142]

[/quote]Someone told me last night that BMT B has decided to play in the AAU National Tournament in Houston Tx Dec 7-9. Games are played at Reliant Stadium. Im curious to see how the BMT B kids will stack up against some of the best SELECT TEAMS from all over Texas and other States. Good Luck!!
[/quote]

You are correct. Personally I'm disappointed. I wish BMT B would have followed the route of the other STJFL Super Bowl Winners/Runner Ups and gone to the USA Football sponsored Corpus Tournament. There BMT B would have played other league Super Bowl winners and possibly gone onto a State Championship in San Antonio. In the AAU Tournament, they aren't really representing STJFL. Like you said, its Select Teams from all over. I would have liked to seen BMT B claim South Texas Youth Football League Championship and possibly the Texas Youth Football State Championship. I thought that would have served the kids better. BMT B is not a Select Team, its an undefeated Super Bowl winning League team. I think we will see there is going to be a difference. JMO but Good luck.

[quote name="youthinkyouknow" post="1344619" timestamp="1354220653"]
[quote author=Iphone5 link=topic=106435.msg1344315#msg1344315 date=1354193786]

[/quote]

You are correct. Personally I'm disappointed. I wish BMT B would have followed the route of the other STJFL Super Bowl Winners/Runner Ups and gone to the USA Football sponsored Corpus Tournament. There BMT B would have played other league Super Bowl winners and possibly gone onto a State Championship in San Antonio. In the AAU Tournament, they aren't really representing STJFL. Like you said, its Select Teams from all over. I would have liked to seen BMT B claim South Texas Youth Football League Championship and possibly the Texas Youth Football State Championship. I thought that would have served the kids better. BMT B is not a Select Team, its an undefeated Super Bowl winning League team. I think we will see there is going to be a difference. JMO but Good luck.
[/quote]

Corpus would have been a better option for "STJFL", not Bmt B.Its alot of money to drive to corpus, for the weekend and then do it again in san antonio (gas, food, a room), all to play only a hand full of teams. STJFL wanted BMT B to represent the league but didnt want to help with any of the costs. JMO

I heard that League champions in AAU leagues get to play in orlando at the cost of the league. just sayin

With that said, i think that the AAU tournament is awesome. Win, lose, or draw, it will be a great opportunity for the kids and give them a real good idea of how good or bad ;) they are.

[quote name="Bmt Pride" post="1344711" timestamp="1354228261"]
[quote author=youthinkyouknow link=topic=106435.msg1344619#msg1344619 date=1354220653]
[quote author=Iphone5 link=topic=106435.msg1344315#msg1344315 date=1354193786]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Corpus would have been a better option for "STJFL", not Bmt B.Its alot of money to drive to corpus, for the weekend and then do it again in san antonio (gas, food, a room), all to play only a hand full of teams. STJFL wanted BMT B to represent the league but didnt want to help with any of the costs. JMO

I heard that League champions in AAU leagues get to play in orlando at the cost of the league. just sayin

With that said, i think that the AAU tournament is awesome. Win, lose, or draw, it will be a great opportunity for the kids and give them a real good idea of how good or bad ;) they are.
[/quote]I think playing in Houston will represent the STJFL more then them going to Corpus. That Bmt team in my opinion will be too big and fast for any league team Corpus has to offer. Now in Houston, they will not be the bigger and faster team and will be in a dog fight every game they play. I could be wrong because Bmt basically is a select team with some of the top 8u players that will give every team they play the business. Only problem is that those select teams will be just as talented and deep at every position and will also be giving them the business :D I think when it's all said and done, Houston and a whole lot of others will be talking about that team and the STJFL. Good Luck Beaumont!!

[quote name="Gusher" post="1344717" timestamp="1354228876"]
Just curious how does the STJFL generate money? How are they doing financially?
[/quote]
They do not generate money. They do charge gate fees for the playoffs to cover team/kid trophies, stadium rental and referee cost. Usually the home teams pay for refs but in the playoffs, the host teams does not have to pay the refs. I do not know their financial status, however you can go to one of their board meetings and they provide a financial report.

[quote name="mysons#1fan" post="1348704" timestamp="1354592663"]
[quote author=dogbite link=topic=106435.msg1348576#msg1348576 date=1354582811]
What studs were added from  Nederland black?  #2? Any others?
[/quote]2, 21 from Blk and #10 from White. Those kids from Nederland can ball
[/quote]Adding more elite players and beefing up their roster is the right thing to do. Beaumont appears to have all the skill players they need in key positions, my only concern is how will they do in the trenches. Remember, there is no weight restrictions and if your small, you're subject to get blown up and blew off the ball. Better have a solid center and some beef up front

Pool Play Games for Beaumont. They will play at 10, 2, 5 and Bracket play at 8pm Sat night. They play the defending National Champs (World Famous Jaguars at 2pm)

[IMG]http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h366/bryce4904/Screenshot_2012-12-07-09-10-20.png[/img]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine