West Brook ends season with victory

Youhave been bashing this coaching staff ALL YEAR. How am I an armchair QB for trying to point out that you are bashing coaches and talking on this board as if you are the guy who will personally fire the guy. so what if my stats are wrong, and so what if your stats are right, you are still being negative and bashing coaches, You are the one being an armchair QB, I have never once said what the coaches should do or acted like I could do better. However you have been doing that all year, yeah i looked up stats on a website that listed the wrong information, my bad, That still doesnt mean you are right for being an idiot and acting like you know better than a professional coach.

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="1329774" timestamp="1352859462"]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=106076.msg1329031#msg1329031 date=1352818497]
Flanagan was successfull in doing something no other WB head coach has ever done, in the schools history. He started his first season with a losing record. Durley went 11-4-1, and won a state title, in his first year. Leo Nolan won 8 games in his first season, as well as Jerry Henschel. Al Rabb was 11-3, and lost in the quarterfinals, in his first year. Stump won 8 games, in a hurricane shortened 2005 season, but advanced to the 3rd round of the playoffs, before bowing out. Going 4-6, in your first year, is definitely not what we have come to expect. Our expectation are, and have always been higher. We wont accept too many seasons like this one. [b]You better get things together, and put a much improved team on the field next year, Coach Flanagan, or you will be shortest tenured coach in WB's history![/b]
[/quote]Again, at any point did I bash this coach? I don't think so. I was simply comparing the first year under a new HC, to previous HC's. Don't mistake my passion for my school as being hateful towards a person, or coach. Not my intent. Just simply saying that if something doesn't turn around, in a year or two, he may be coaching somewhere else. Maybe I'm wrong for expecting too much.
[/quote]You better get things together, and put a much improved team on the field next year, Coach Flanagan, or you will be shortest tenured coach in WB's history!

sounds like a threat to me.... lets see if I can find some other posts of yours that shows your negativity..

" Congratulations on a fine, first season Coach. You have successfully done what no other coach in WB history has done....finished his first season with an embarrassing losing record"
"WB couldn't beat its way out of a wet paper sack. This is embarrassing, and unacceptable
Nice, but ugly win. It's a shame.....no playoffs for WB, this year. First time since 2004, for the Bruins. Thank the Lord this debacle of a season is over!"

One thing you are forgetting about the other coaches you mentioned in your post, Durley, Leo Nolan, Jerry Henschel and Al Rabb.  They did not have Ozen pulling some of their athletic kids to another school. That has made a impact on WB football.

I for one am proud of Flanigan for doing as well as he did in his first season. 3 returing starters, new QB with new system.  that is tough on any program to be sucessful.  I know some of the coaches that left WB last year and they all said the same thing..... Talent is not there for a while.. the next batch of tallent is in their freshman core..
this statement is coming from your EX coaches....  It was one of the main reasons why they left...

as for you jumping back on the "band wagon",  you as a "true Bruin" should have never got off!!!!

As for difference in 3A, 4A and 5A.... football is footbal.,  its tackling, blocking, passing and catching...  Alverez has proved that... went from 2A to 4A and is successful....  there is almost as many D1 kids in 4A as 5A.

Guest UHCoog14
Can't we all just get along.

Re Stump's hire date at WB

[b]Thursday, February 03, 2005 [/b]

By Nicholas Cooke, Sports Editor
Advertising
After a long wait, the decision was passed last Saturday at 8 a.m. by the BISD administration to replace two coaches that were released and one that resigned at all three Beaumont high schools for the 2005-2006 season.

This was the first time that BISD ever had open positions for all three head coaching positions.

John Clayton, 60, was appointed to the head coaching position at Ozen. Clayton coached at Hebert High School under Clifton J. Ozen, who the high school is named after.

Clayton was promoted from the ninth grade coaching spot at Ozen that he had held since the schools opening in ‘98. He is replacing Thomas Brooks who is leaving for a similar job at Tyler John Tyler High School, after leading the panthers to an 8-4 record.

His career began in Covington, LA. However, he worked in BISD from 1970-1982 and 1985 until present. This will be his first head coaching position.

Donald Stowers, 34, replaced Eric Jackson, who was reassigned after coaching at Central for only one year. Stowers graduated from New Mexico State in 1993 and received his masters in 2000. Stowers was the defensive coordinator at Harker Heights from 2003-2004.

[b]Craig Stump, 39, left his position as head coach and athletic director at Monsignor Kelly Catholic High School and was assigned to the head coaching position at West Brook. He will be replacing Al Rabb who served eight years as Brook’s head coach and led the Bruins to a 2-8 record two years straight.[/b]

Look people the bottom line is this, if you think you can do better than a head coach or that you know how to fix the problem, don't come on this board and annonymously say so. Instead go to college, get your degree, then get your masters, then get certified to teach. Then after those 5-7 years, get you a job as a coach and dedicate the next 10-15 years to earning your way to a head job. So if you wanna be a coach do the work to go with it instead of acting like you know it all on a website. These coaches didn't get where they are by accident, they work crazy hours and earn every bit of it. Thats why no matter how much I care about my kid, I will never question his coaches because they know more than me and my kid combined.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder