2012 Deweyville Pirates

DP70

This season is going in the record books. The first time we've gone 8-2 and district champs in over 30 years. Going back to the playoffs after a 6 year break. BUT. This team will go the farthest in playoffs than any other Deweyville team has in school history. No team has gone past the 1st round, and being district champs, we will go to the second. Congrats on makin history boys and making the community proud, can't wait to make some noise next year!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets not get ahead of ourselves they are ranked in the state for a reason. They are also like number 3 in region 3. Lets just worry about Groveton first. Lets not get to cocky. But I do believe Deweyville will be crowned district Champs Friday night.

[quote name="DPFAN" post="1321934" timestamp="1352233016"]
Lets not get ahead of ourselves they are ranked in the state for a reason. They are also like number 3 in region 3. Lets just worry about Groveton first. Lets not get to cocky. But I do believe Deweyville will be crowned district Champs Friday night.
[/quote]

I agree with that, LOL But we will beat them due to the play of the line and from what cc coaches said, they win if not for 4 turnovers, and rankings mean nothing when you are a team like EF with a tradition of winning, we dominated NW and they are still ranked ahead of us and rightfully so, we still need to prove ourselves so to speak.
I am not cocky, just very confident, coached these kids for years, watched them play for years, we are bigger and stronger, we have an awesome coach,  WE WIN!!!!!!!!!

[quote name="89falcon" post="1322219" timestamp="1352251603"]
You still need to beat Groveton. You have benefited from the district being unusually weak.
[/quote]
89falcon you dont Have A freaking clue what you are talking about, Just because deweyville finaly got A coach that knows what he is doing and we are successful YOU are going to come on here and come up with this bullsh-t that it is cause we are in A weak district, You are CRAZY.

[quote name="Piratesdad4410" post="1322307" timestamp="1352258848"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=105830.msg1322219#msg1322219 date=1352251603]
You still need to beat Groveton. You have benefited from the district being unusually weak.
[/quote]
89falcon you dont Have A freaking clue what you are talking about, Just because deweyville finaly got A coach that knows what he is doing and we are successful YOU are going to come on here and come up with this bullsh-t that it is cause we are in A weak district, You are CRAZY.
[/quote]
I watched every game DV played for the last few years. If you think the district is not weak you are way out. Corrigan has the worst team that they have had in MANY years, Hemphill is in shambles without their best player, NW is down, Groveton is in transition, Anderson-Shiro is a first year team. This is common knowledge.

Clint obviously this is an ex coach who's pride is hurt just let it go cause this Falcon dude is either McDaniels or a tennis coach, a couple of weeks ago we couldn't beat Corrigan and when we out rushed them by 147 yards and had three turn overs we got lucky by playing them close then we couldn't beat NW now groveton isn't any good. Everyone forgets when these kids were 12 they beat everyone in the triangle including the mighty WOS mustangs and won in junior high and won at the JV level, then they fell to the NO coaching era and by the grace of God got Babin and are doing what they have done their whole lives, now we have a week district, they will prove themselves under the direction of Babin and then the haters and week minded Falcons will be grounded to the reality that this is an awesome group of young men who finally have what they have lacked, A COACH

[quote name="89falcon" post="1322324" timestamp="1352261057"]
[quote author=Piratesdad4410 link=topic=105830.msg1322307#msg1322307 date=1352258848]
[/quote]
[/quote]
I watched every game DV played for the last few years. If you think the district is not weak you are way out. Corrigan has the worst team that they have had in MANY years, Hemphill is in shambles without their best player, NW is down, Groveton is in transition, Anderson-Shiro is a first year team. This is common knowledge.
[/quote]what do you mean when you say "Groveton is in transition"...............trying to figure out what you could have meant by that.

[quote name="3N2" post="1322559" timestamp="1352299562"]
What I don't understand is why ya'll keep talking bad about McDaniel. He is gone and you are happy with Babin. Leave the past where it belongs and stay positive about what you have.
[/quote]

You are right, I apologize for being tacky! It is just rediculous that we can't give these kids some simple respect for doing well or a little appreciation for a new coach that has done an outstanding job, without making bull ----! excuses about us being a good team and now we are going to tear down everybody in our district.

Kepp playing hard Deweyville you boys know what you are capable of and I support you all the way!!!

Why all the negative comments about the Pirate football team 89falcon? This team is having a great season and we are very proud of the players and our new coach. To say that all the other teams in our district are no good or down is not right. CC has had some major injuries this year (QB #8, RB #22, RB #10, LB #44), but all these players were healthy when we played the first ditrict game. New Waverly returned 11 senior starters. In this group was #42 (FB,LB) that dominated us last year on both sides of the ball. This year #42 was not a factor in the game because we had the right players in the right positions to tend to business. Groveton is better than they were last year and returned alot of starters on both sides of the ball. Hemphill is missing their talented QB (best athlete in the district), but seeing how we could have scored about 100 points if our starters played the entire game, his playing would have not changed the outcome. Anderson-Shiro is young and has a long way to go. Give the boys and Babin some credit, they deserve it.
      A special THANKS to all the Corrigan Camden Bulldogs and everyone else who has supported the Pirates this year. After the Corrigan game my son told me that their players and coaches were the most respectful he had ever faced in his three years of varsity football, and no matter how intense the game became, the players always kept their cool. It is easy to understand why the Bulldogs are always toward the top, and their coaches, players, and community should be proud. I hope that with what the Pirates accomplish this season we are able to start our own tradition of hard play and respect for the game.     

[quote name="captainclaude" post="1322655" timestamp="1352303836"]
[quote author=3N2 link=topic=105830.msg1322559#msg1322559 date=1352299562]
What I don't understand is why ya'll keep talking bad about McDaniel. He is gone and you are happy with Babin. Leave the past where it belongs and stay positive about what you have.
[/quote]

You are right, I apologize for being tacky! It is just rediculous that we can't give these kids some simple respect for doing well or a little appreciation for a new coach that has done an outstanding job, without making bull ----! excuses about us being a good team and now we are going to tear down everybody in our district.

Kepp playing hard Deweyville you boys know what you are capable of and I support you all the way!!!
[/quote]

I completely agree with you Claude...I've watched these guys play since they were 4 years old and have watched them win up until they hit high school.  I am unbelievably proud of how hard they have worked to turn things around under Babin this year.  I cannot wait to cheer them on in Bi-District and fingers crossed to the next level!!  GO BIG RED!!!

A BIG Congrats to the PIRATES !!!!!!!  Coach Babin and his Staff also A BIG CONGRATS !!  So proud for the players and community and school. BIG "D" will always have a place in my heart. The kids have always played hard. Glad the coaching staff has them playing hard in [b]the right spots[/b].

PIRATES    48

GROVETON  15

[quote name="DPFAN" post="1322991" timestamp="1352322819"]
They need to come out fired up Friday like they have been! Big game for the pirates which they can take if they play to their potential!
[/quote]
Well said, Groveton is no pushover and IMO has the best Backfield we have played.  Tackling on Defense will be paramount this week cause one missed tackle and these guys can take it to the house quickly. Focus has been a strength of this Team/Coaches all year.  I believe the Pirates will be concentrated on the task at hand which is to beat the Indians in the biggest game of the year for them. 

[quote name="piratedad#55" post="1322708" timestamp="1352306882"]
    Why all the negative comments about the Pirate football team 89falcon? This team is having a great season and we are very proud of the players and our new coach. To say that all the other teams in our district are no good or down is not right. CC has had some major injuries this year (QB #8, RB #22, RB #10, LB #44), but all these players were healthy when we played the first ditrict game. New Waverly returned 11 senior starters. In this group was #42 (FB,LB) that dominated us last year on both sides of the ball. This year #42 was not a factor in the game because we had the right players in the right positions to tend to business. Groveton is better than they were last year and returned alot of starters on both sides of the ball. Hemphill is missing their talented QB (best athlete in the district), but seeing how we could have scored about 100 points if our starters played the entire game, his playing would have not changed the outcome. Anderson-Shiro is young and has a long way to go. Give the boys and Babin some credit, they deserve it.
      A special THANKS to all the Corrigan Camden Bulldogs and everyone else who has supported the Pirates this year. After the Corrigan game my son told me that their players and coaches were the most respectful he had ever faced in his three years of varsity football, and no matter how intense the game became, the players always kept their cool. It is easy to understand why the Bulldogs are always toward the top, and their coaches, players, and community should be proud. I hope that with what the Pirates accomplish this season we are able to start our own tradition of hard play and respect for the game.   
[/quote]
Where was the negative comment? I hve said repeatedly that the Junior class is very talented and that DV will be better next year. They won with multiple different coaches and will win with any coach. The district is down this year and that is a fact it is not being negative. You replaced the district champion with Anderson-shiro, Corrigan has the worst tema that anyone can recall, NW is down, Hemphill is in shambles and they do not have their best player, Groveton is where DV was last year with a very young team. That is not negative, it is the truth.

[quote name="InjunRed" post="1322527" timestamp="1352297888"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=105830.msg1322324#msg1322324 date=1352261057]
[quote author=Piratesdad4410 link=topic=105830.msg1322307#msg1322307 date=1352258848]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]what do you mean when you say "Groveton is in transition"...............trying to figure out what you could have meant by that.
[/quote]
I mean "they are in transition". Groveton has a young team and is still on the comeback from losing the senior laden 2010 team. Do you disagree?

[quote name="SteelerCzy" post="1323109" timestamp="1352335449"]
[quote author=DPFAN link=topic=105830.msg1322991#msg1322991 date=1352322819]
They need to come out fired up Friday like they have been! Big game for the pirates which they can take if they play to their potential!
[/quote]
Well said, Groveton is no pushover and [b]IMO has the best Backfield we have played[/b].  Tackling on Defense will be paramount this week cause one missed tackle and these guys can take it to the house quickly. Focus has been a strength of this Team/Coaches all year.  I believe the Pirates will be concentrated on the task at hand which is to beat the Indians in the biggest game of the year for them.
[/quote]
How quickly we forget! I think SA probably had the best backfield that yall have seen this year! Good Luck!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin