Central @ Nederland predictions

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Blackbuc" post="1323357" timestamp="1352385531"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=105709.msg1323351#msg1323351 date=1352384957]
Lately we haven't even given up the one play very often.
[/quote]

Lately ya'll havent seen a QB run like Mitchell :o
[/quote]Mitchell has not faced line backers like Woods and Stampley he will get tired of seeing the numbers 25 & 33

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1323385" timestamp="1352388155"]
Here's something else...  Notice the score and picture.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/FINAL-SCORES-High-school-football-816812.php

That's what happened the last time you faced Mitchell.
[/quote]

So the last time he played you won by three.  Two things:  One , that was a home game for you.  Two, it wasn't against this defense,  a defense that is playing at home for another undisputed  DC and is giving up around 8 points a game.

[quote name="bigdog" post="1323406" timestamp="1352390020"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=105709.msg1323385#msg1323385 date=1352388155]
Here's something else...  Notice the score and picture.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/FINAL-SCORES-High-school-football-816812.php

That's what happened the last time you faced Mitchell.
[/quote]

So the last time he played you won by three.  Two things:  One , that was a home game for you.  Two, it wasn't against this defense,  a defense that is playing at home for another undisputed  DC and is giving up around 8 points a game.
[/quote]  Impressive defensive numbers.  We'll shatter 8 points.

Shatter 8 points?....hmmmm.  Don't think you have a shot at shattering, but I do think it is realistic with your offense to score about 14. Central's offense and Nederland's both average about 33-34 points per game, while Central's Defense allows 33 points a game and Nederland's is 8 per game.  I think Nederland Defense will be more than Central can handle and our offense will truck along as usual and score 35+ ... It's gonna be a good game, but in the end Nederland gets that undefeated DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP TITLE for the 2nd year in a row.  Good luck to both teams and I pray for good sportsmanship and no injuries.

GO BULLDOGS....beat those Jaguars!!!!!!!

I will put it this way 1984, Collins is a comparable athlete, but I will have to agree with Soulja that Mitchell is a better QB...he does present a dynamic that would cause anyone trouble...I do think that our D is good enough to keep his damage to a level that Nederland can win with, though, thus my 35-20 prediction in favor of the Dogs.

IMO, Collins is a playmaker running the ball...Mitchell can make plays running and throwing...think David Green from last year at Ozen...the question will be, how much help does Mitchell get from his teammates...he will not be able to win it by himself

We will be fine if our db's stay in coverage and don't break off and head for the line thinking he is going to run. The plays that I have seen over the years that have killed us is the ones where the qb leaves the pocket and runs toward the line and when the coverage breaks for run support then the ball is thrown over the dbs head creating a big play.

[quote name="bulldog1984" post="1323865" timestamp="1352414169"]
[b]i seen were soulja said we havent seen anyone like mitchell this year ?[/b] i think that collins player from livingston is every bit as good if not better than mitchell, he is going to texas and where is mitchell going ?
[/quote] I Never said that.  What I DID say was the last time y'all played Mitchell, you took a loss. 

The Collins kid?  He's a good athlete, but he isn't really a good passer.

[quote name="dawgnut" post="1323933" timestamp="1352419663"]
We will be fine if our db's stay in coverage and don't break off and head for the line thinking he is going to run. The plays that I have seen over the years that have killed us is the ones where the qb leaves the pocket and runs toward the line and when the coverage breaks for run support then the ball is thrown over the dbs head creating a big play.
[/quote]quote Trey Green from last year was the master of that.  You had to make a decision PN every pass play.

[quote name="dawgnut" post="1323933" timestamp="1352419663"]
[/quote] Trey Green from last year was the master of that.  You had to make a decision on every pass play.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1323980" timestamp="1352424904"]
[quote author=dawgnut link=topic=105709.msg1323933#msg1323933 date=1352419663]
[/quote] Trey Green from last year was the master of that.  You had to make a decision on every pass play.
[/quote]

You're right Soulja, he's the only guy I ever saw make a 4th and 40. A real talent at QB like most people will never compete against.

[quote name="Razor" post="1324077" timestamp="1352430406"]
cornhusker makes a valid point...this defense is MUCH better than the 2010 unit and I am not sure that Mitchell has the same talent level around him either
[/quote] Your right.  There was talent on that 2010 squad helping.  There were then seniors wr 6'3" Ogletree, 1500 yard rb Heard,and beast Defensive linemen Alfred.  There may not be talent like that on this years edition, but there is some pretty decent talent around him nonetheless.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder