Central @ Nederland predictions

[quote name="jake94" post="1319664" timestamp="1352040139"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=105709.msg1319593#msg1319593 date=1352035262]
Also, Nederland is due for a letdown.  Better before the playoffs.  Really, nothing to play for.  Just  to think about it, didn't those guys have a near letdown against that same LC-M Bear team already in district?  And on top of that, Central sees the light at the end of a very dark tunnel thus far.  Beat this team and then, cha-ching.  Your playoff ticket is punched.
[/quote]

Since we are talking about letdowns and pointing out flaws about Nederland, let's look at what the Jags are going to face. Critique all you want and pick apart any of our WINS you want. A WIN is a WIN and Nederland has won their last SIXTEEN district games! Central has 3 losses in district and by the way the Dogs beat those teams by a combined 78-20! Central has been Jeckyl and Hyde all season long and if you are depending on us being "due for a letdown" to win this game, then good luck with that. Back to back undefeated district championships and a HOME game to boot? Nederland also has Back to back shutouts the last two games and out scored thd opponents 83-0. Can the Jags win? Sure they can. But, give me the consistent team with the consistent results week in and week out vs. a Jeckyll and Hyde team any day of the week. No team is ever as good or as bad as their last game either. Things normally revert back to the mean. Nederland wins against an inspired Jags team in this one 31-20.
[/quote]It's true what you say about the Jags.  We are how you describe us as....  Inconsistent.  But, my comment about Nederland was not more of a diss, but as a compliment.  Those Guys are playing so good, one would think they are due for a letdown (better now than in the playoffs).  So, in a sense, I guess I'm HOPEING for a Bulldog letdown.  :D 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="jake94" post="1319682" timestamp="1352041597"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=105709.msg1319677#msg1319677 date=1352041325]
[quote author=jake94 link=topic=105709.msg1319664#msg1319664 date=1352040139]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=105709.msg1319593#msg1319593 date=1352035262]
Also, Nederland is due for a letdown.  Better before the playoffs.  Really, nothing to play for.  Just  to think about it, didn't those guys have a near letdown against that same LC-M Bear team already in district?  And on top of that, Central sees the light at the end of a very dark tunnel thus far.  Beat this team and then, cha-ching.  Your playoff ticket is punched.
[/quote]

Since we are talking about letdowns and pointing out flaws about Nederland, let's look at what the Jags are going to face. Critique all you want and pick apart any of our WINS you want. A WIN is a WIN and Nederland has won their last SIXTEEN district games! Central has 3 losses in district and by the way the Dogs beat those teams by a combined 78-20! Central has been Jeckyl and Hyde all season long and if you are depending on us being "due for a letdown" to win this game, then good luck with that. Back to back undefeated district championships and a HOME game to boot? Nederland also has Back to back shutouts the last two games and out scored thd opponents 83-0. Can the Jags win? Sure they can. But, give me the consistent team with the consistent results week in and week out vs. a Jeckyll and Hyde team any day of the week. No team is ever as good or as bad as their last game either. Things normally revert back to the mean. Nederland wins against an inspired Jags team in this one 31-20.
[/quote]Great post.
[/quote]

I do agree with ya Soulja that if Central wins this game and makes the playoffs that they would definitely be peaking at the right time and could make some playoff noise! Looking forward to a great game!
[/quote] ;) 8)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1319689" timestamp="1352041902"]
[/quote]

[/quote]It's true what you say about the Jags.  We are how you describe us as....  Inconsistent.  But, my comment about Nederland was not more of a diss, but as a compliment.  Those Guys are playing so good, one would think they are due for a letdown (better now than in the playoffs).  So, in a sense, I guess I'm HOEING for aBulldog letdown.  :D
[/quote]

Fair enough! Always enjoy your posts, Soulja!

Why is it that NOONE can say anything about Nederland without GoDogs jumping on them? I understand you like your town & team, but come on! Post after post, its the same thing. Soulja didn't mean the dogs any harm & twocents just wants the Jags to win so his team can share the district title. Relax a lil.    8) :)

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1319687" timestamp="1352041769"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=105709.msg1319671#msg1319671 date=1352040854]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=105709.msg1319650#msg1319650 date=1352039298]
Yes it was definitely a tense game at LC-M. I see a 14 point win though.. That's all that matters. If you want comparisons, Central got spanked by Ozen and Vidor, which Nederland beat by a combined 42 points. I guess the Nederland haters are just going to keep coming. Notice how Vidorians have to jump in every time?? Get over your obsession with Nederland already.. It's become pathetic..

And p.s. Soulja, why does that touchdown being a pick 6 matter?? Our defense has scored a lot of points for us. Does that mean our team is garbage?? I prefer my defense to score points.. Maybe that's why you are sitting at 3-6.. Enjoy basketball season..
[/quote]Why do you think I'm a Nederland hater?  I give props to Nederland all the time  just like I did when I saw your game vs. Ozen firsthand.  It's just that NOW, your team and  team plays my team next week with a playoff berth on the line and now I'm considered a Nederland hater?  How asinine is that?
[/quote]
The haters comment was more directed at twocents.. I know you are smack talking and so am I. It just seems like no matter how many games Nederland wins or by how much they win them, they aren't that good. You were trying to make it seem like Nederland wasnt very good because you think they squeaked by LC-M. I know you've given credit to Ned in the past, and I take your comments with a grain of salt. But Central gets one decent win against a mediocre LC-M team and all of the sudden the 3-6 record is a farce.. I digress, keep up the smack talk. I have done mine. The boys will answer your call on Friday night.. Might want to check the movie times though. They usually have some starting around 9. Which is about when you'll be racing to get out of Nederland ;)
[/quote] Actually, I have other plans at that same time. I have plans of jumping that gate to celebrate with the boys without being caught  by stadium security.    ;D

By the way, you say that LC-M team was Medeocre?  Well, I agree.  But this team a chance to end the season for the Jags and according to the local press and most of you, you felt the same way.  Now, at the moment, we're still alive and it feels good.  We'll see if we have what it takes to stay on the field with  this state ranked bulldog team.

[quote name="theoneandonly" post="1319699" timestamp="1352042450"]
Why is it that NOONE can say anything about Nederland without GoDogs jumping on them? I understand you like your town & team, but come on! Post after post, its the same thing. Soulja didn't mean the dogs any harm & twocents just wants the Jags to win so his team can share the district title. Relax a lil.    8) :)
[/quote]

Hey 17 posts guy.. You evidently haven't been around long enough to read  many of my posts.. Post after post it's the same thing?? Uhmmmm did you see how critical I was of Nederland during the Lumberton game?? I call it how I see it and I'm as straight shooting as you'll get.. Stick around..

Watched Central vs LCM last night. I will say this is exactly the matchup NED needs going into the playoffs. Central's Mitchell is, by far, the best balanced QB in district. He has a cannon for an arm, moves in the pocket well, can find the open receiver and is very dangerous when he takes off on the run. Central has many speedy receivers that can get open as well. This team will be a great test for our D.

With that being said, Central's O-line is mediocre, not much of a running game (other than Mitchell taking off) and their D is below average. I can see this being similar to the Crosby test with more scoring. Ned's Washington and Couron will be flying to the backfield, from the ends, and Mitchell will be running for his life. Malveaux, Pryor, Stampley and Wood will be there to mop up on the inside or outside when Mitchell gets flushed out. I personally would Mirror Mitchell with a speedy LB. I expect this to be a very exciting and fun game to watch - much like last years Ozen game.

As far as a NED let-down. I suppose anything can happen. Keep in mind this is the last home game for one of the best Sr. classes ever to set foot on Ned's turf along with the sole district title on the line. I expect our boy's will be ready to play and the D won't allow it to get out of hand.  Ned 35 - Central 20   

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1319705" timestamp="1352043024"]
Actually, I have other plans at that same time. I have plans of jumping that gate to celebrate with the boys without being caught  by stadium security.    ;D

By the way, you say that LC-M team was Medeocre?  Well, I agree.  But this team a chance to end the season for the Jags and according to the local press and most of you, you felt the same way.  Now, at the moment, we're still alive and it feels good.  We'll see if we have what it takes to stay on the field with  this state ranked bulldog team.
[/quote]

Central has given us fits in the past so I won't count them completely out. But this team is really good. They execute well, they finish plays, the receivers block well, etc. They do a lot of small things that add up and pay off. I am impressed with the attention to detail this team has. I hear all the talk about Mitchell. We've stopped several one and two man units this year. Quirante, Collins, the Crosby Twins, Sezer, etc. I haven't seen Central, but I can't imagine them being all that tough with a 3-6 record. We will see their resolve though. Because Nederland will score the first two touchdowns.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1319712" timestamp="1352043420"]
[quote author=theoneandonly link=topic=105709.msg1319699#msg1319699 date=1352042450]
[/quote]

Hey 17 posts guy.. You evidently haven't been around long enough to read  many of my posts.. Post after post it's the same thing?? Uhmmmm did you see how critical I was of Nederland during the Lumberton game?? I call it how I see it and I'm as straight shooting as you'll get.. Stick around..
[/quote]

DONT let my NUMBER of post mislead you, knower of ALL things! I have been on this board for around 5 years now. I have always been one to just READ what people have to say, rather then comment on everything & boast my opinion, as you so choose to do. That is your right, nothing against it, as it is my right to mainly read &  seldom post. (now my 18th time) You can say that "you just call it like you see it", but I have my own opinion.  ;D ;)

Someone mentioned Nederland was ready for a letdown.  Well anyone who watches Nederland knows we've already had our letdowns this year.  After vidor we really didn't play well again until ozen.  We played 2 games of struggling and then pulling away from mediocre teams.  Bad news for central is... We've played  back to back games looking sharp.    Neuman has us picking up steam and starting to peak coming at the right time as usual.  I watched Saturday and Mitchell looked good, but having 1000 pounds of all out dogfight on you all night has a way to make good qbs look bad.    Also Hopkins will have a big night and don't be surprised if Carson does too... Jag pass defense looked like it had holes all night.    All in all, an upset is possible, but an improving jag team against a peaking Bulldog team just means the jags  started this comeback a little late!  Dogs win and start prep for summer creek.

When was the last back to back undefeated district champion crowned in this 4A district?  Tell me again that Nederland doesn't have anything to play for...  After hearing the Neumann didn't have the goods to win a district championship at all... don't think for one minute he's gonna take his foot off the pedal to put up back to back undefeated championships and stick it in his critics proverbial faces.  Now he'll probably blow it off in interviews, give us the coach speak, play it all down and take the high road, but there's a fire that burns in this guys gut and it's what has fueled this program over the past two decades, folks have a hard time figuring it out, but's absolutely why Nederland will come out on FIRE Friday night.  Last home game for a senior class that has probably started as many varsiry downs as MOST in school history, history on the line, a legacy that will last, silencing the critics... Neumann will have it all at a boiling point come Friday night at 7:30.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1319774" timestamp="1352047619"]
[quote author=11cbhill link=topic=105709.msg1319772#msg1319772 date=1352047484]
nederland might have a closer battle than they expect w/central
[/quote]
Heard that a lot this year..
[/quote]

when youre on top, everyone wants to bring you down.....fact of life

its a compliment....ned cant take anything for granted, esp central....

esp if any injuries, all it would take is a couple of key players to go down next week and the wheels could come off the bus....not that i saying it will happen, but ned better than anyone knows this.  central and every team after this, is coming with the kitchen sink. get ready.

[quote name="jake94" post="1319664" timestamp="1352040139"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Calm the bleep down Jake and breathe.....

[quote name="SFA85" post="1319794" timestamp="1352048920"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL. I am extremely calm. Our playoff ticket is already punched. :-)

[quote name="jake94" post="1319806" timestamp="1352050532"]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=105709.msg1319794#msg1319794 date=1352048920]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL. I am extremely calm. Our playoff ticket is already punched. :-)
[/quote]

Good catching up with you Jake....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kush1298
    Newest Member
    kush1298