Does Lumberton need a coaching change?

I have been asking for several years why Lumberton youth football does well but fades as they get to High school.  Read lots of thoeries about the fact that Lumberton only has one jr high and such, whatever.  I here the sophmores are good because they were good in youth.  I also here the ninth grade is good, and even 8th grade.  Wait till they get to high school and watch them fade.

RDRSCR08 6A doesn't mean anything. 6A is only going to be todays 5A. Lumberton will be 5A in the new scenario. They aren't changing the enrollment numbers for each classification, just changed 6 man to 1A and moved everyone else up one level. Crap!
Also Lumberton youth football runs a totally different offense from HS. PNG, Vidor and Ned all run a scaled back variation of their HS offenses. Just pointing it out. I think it shows in Vidor since those kids been doing it now since peewee. I suspect we will see PNG have more success as those youth move through the program as well.

Ok Brokecoach, you made me do it.  Your post was actually on point til about halfway down.  This tells me you, like many know-it-alls, have some of the details and just assume or guess at the rest.  2 coaches i know that left dont even coach any more (took jobs so they could feed their families).  Two more that ii know wanted to go coach in their home towns (extra pay was just a bonus).  Two have gone on to become principals ($$$$).  And out of all of them there's a grand total of ZERO that left because of the AD.  Good try though.  If its sickening for you to watch these "underpaid" kids play their hearts out week after week regardless of the size and speed disadvantages then i suggest you go slip back under that rock you crawled out from under and dont go watch any more.  We'd all be better off for it.  Wake up fella and realize that there is a reason Lumberton has always had one the highest turnover ratios in this area in not just coaches, but teachers as well, year in and year out. $$  Its just quite difficult these days to coach football, teach, and have to work another job to pay the bills, especially if you have children yourself.  YOU ask around!!  I cant blame any coach for leaving for better job paying oppurtunities if it means being able to make their families a little more comfortable.  Maybe you should get your certificate and go out and coach em up.  I'm sure they'd win state :)  jeez, how do i always let these armchair quarterbacks fire me up? 

Badndn - You are correct that 6A will not change anything "immediately", but i guarantee you it will change things in its first or second realignment after inception. 

[quote name="RDRSCR08" post="1319803" timestamp="1352050217"]
1.  Almost entirely new varsity staff still learning the system.  (Difficult to find coaches that will come to Lumberton or stay in Lumberton for the pay) A total of 8 Coaches left in two years for an average profit margin of no less than 5,000 more a year. 

2.  Whoever said in an earlier post that the students over look the fact they can win at the middle-school level because they are playing other schools that are devided in two needs to tell their parents.  Its unbelievable how nieve some parents are in Lumberton.

3.  Someone touched on it earlier, you would have to be blind not to see the average size and weight differance on the O and D-line.  O-line avg.= 220lbs (3 at 200 or less); D-line avg. = 190lbs.  This might be ok for a 60's or 70's team, but not even Saban magic could overcome this big a margin!

There are other issues, some that have already been stated, but not any that i can tell are the outcome of poor leadership, coaching, or decision making on the part of Coach Credeur.  Honestly, the folks in Lumberton are fortunate that HE has chosen to come and STAY here.

And dont forget, 6A is coming and there is certainly some talent coming up.  The L-Train will be back on track before long.  I guarantee!!
[/quote]
I agree, just to add to your point Deweyville has 201 in high school and our line avg. is 252 Lumberton is just small right now and if you can't match up in the trenches you usually lose.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1318622" timestamp="1351962896"]
I have a theory and it applies to any school. I feel like the coaching at lower levels needs as much attention as it does at higher levels.. If you start preparing the middle school players by getting them bigger, faster, and stronger it will pay off huge dividends in high school.. Now I don't Lumberton's situation at the lower levels, I'm just making a point. I looked at Nederlands size and speed and compared it to Lumberton's and it's light years apart.
[/quote]
I would be so jealous of people who have programs like that. I love the way some places even have the younger groups practicing their on their school grounds. Running the same plays, hearing the same vergabe, and doing the same thing from youth to adolescence to adulthood definitely has an upper advantage as a player. But I would watch the bigger and stronger aspect of it until high school cuz I wouldn't want to stunt anyone else's growth.

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="1319122" timestamp="1351993271"]
[quote author=the sports guy link=topic=105687.msg1319016#msg1319016 date=1351989548]
no change......just need a better gene pool. ;D
[/quote]
I MIGHT BE ABLE TO PUT IN SOME VACATION TIME AND COME VISIT  ;)
[/quote]

Come on now, Liberty is the only school trying to increase federal funding with special needs students....... ;D ;D  Lumberton has tax money. 

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1321619" timestamp="1352221225"]
[quote author=BRONX ROX link=topic=105687.msg1319122#msg1319122 date=1351993271]
[quote author=the sports guy link=topic=105687.msg1319016#msg1319016 date=1351989548]
no change......just need a better gene pool. ;D
[/quote]
I MIGHT BE ABLE TO PUT IN SOME VACATION TIME AND COME VISIT  ;)
[/quote]

Come on now, Liberty is the only school trying to increase federal funding with special needs students....... ;D ;D  Lumberton has tax money.
[/quote]
AS LONG AS THEY CAN SPELL O / D / TD MISSION ACCOMPLISHED  ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="C O Wilson Bullpups" post="1321915" timestamp="1352232381"]
The friends I have in Lumberton say it is the coach & they are not happy with him at all... Unlike President Obama the Buck should stop at the head coaches office...
[/quote]

How informed are your "friends"? Do they have a clue, or just whining like cattle...It's a fair question.

[quote name="SmashMouth" post="1321920" timestamp="1352232514"]
[quote author=C O Wilson Bullpups link=topic=105687.msg1321915#msg1321915 date=1352232381]
The friends I have in Lumberton say it is the coach & they are not happy with him at all... Unlike President Obama the Buck should stop at the head coaches office...
[/quote]

How informed are your "friends"? Do they have a clue, or just whining like cattle...It's a fair question.
[/quote]

They live there and have been for years... Have kids playing there...

ALso if they pay Lumberton ISD taxes that have a right to complain... As fast as Lumberton is growing their student population should grow too.

[quote name="C O Wilson Bullpups" post="1321930" timestamp="1352232844"]
[quote author=SmashMouth link=topic=105687.msg1321920#msg1321920 date=1352232514]
[quote author=C O Wilson Bullpups link=topic=105687.msg1321915#msg1321915 date=1352232381]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Clueless, in other words...

[quote name="SmashMouth" post="1321931" timestamp="1352232925"]
[quote author=C O Wilson Bullpups link=topic=105687.msg1321930#msg1321930 date=1352232844]
[quote author=SmashMouth link=topic=105687.msg1321920#msg1321920 date=1352232514]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I say keep him... none of my business...

[quote name="C O Wilson Bullpups" post="1321935" timestamp="1352233044"]
[quote author=SmashMouth link=topic=105687.msg1321931#msg1321931 date=1352232925]
[quote author=C O Wilson Bullpups link=topic=105687.msg1321930#msg1321930 date=1352232844]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I say keep him... none of my business...
[/quote] ;D ;D ;D

People think if you are winning, you are good.  If you losing, your are bad.  Don't focus on the W's or L's.  Just see if the kid's are playing to there capability or not,  not the score.  Has nothing to do with size, athletic ability, offense you are running or enrollment.  Are the kids playing their best.  Do not care about wins.

[quote name="Search" post="1322104" timestamp="1352241109"]
People think if you are winning, you are good.  If you losing, your are bad.  Don't focus on the W's or L's.  Just see if the kid's are playing to there capability or not,  not the score.  Has nothing to do with size, athletic ability, offense you are running or enrollment.  Are the kids playing their best.  Do not care about wins.
[/quote]
Your right!! The problem is every school has the parents that think lil Johnny is the best athlete to come through in school history. I've never seen the coach changes like recently. These coaches put in countless hours that people don't realize. While all of us are out with our families, coaches are in the field house or at home watching film and game planning. It's crazy to think these guys have the presuure that is placed on them to win all of the time. I would like to say thanks to all of the coaches out there. BTW, this isn't directed at Lumberton, just high schools in general.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder