4:00 Livingston vs WO-S

7:00 Jasper vs LCM

Saturday

10:00 Livingston vs Silsbee

1:00 Jasper vs Orangefield

4:00 LCM vs Orangefield

7:00 Jasper vs WO-S

Guest Orangeboy

Sounds to me like WOS is just a little scared to play the big boys, we are talking about a basketball game for crying out loud. Who cares?

WO-S is not scared to play the big boys. They already beat Silsbee in the Orangefield Tournament and scrimmaged LCM. They are playing Livingston on Thursday in the tournament. Sounds to me the only way they will cancel any games is if the basketball team wins Thurs. Therefore if the basketball team loses they will not be cancelling any games. So if they win the only team they will not play this year will be Jasper. They play Silsbee in a regular game over Spring break as well as Barbers Hill. How about congratulate the school for the basketball team doing so well and understand that the parents and friends of these great athletes want to go and watch them in the STATE TOURNAMENT!! If they were scared to play someone wouldn't they just go ahead and drop out of the whole thing and take off to Austin for the game on Thursday. Once again, it seems the only way they will cancel any games is if the team is in the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME - give em a break!!!! How many teams can say that in the Golden Triangle? Only one!! Also Remember the fact that WO-S has about 4 or 5 varsity baseball players on the basketball team!!

GO MUSTANGS!!!!!!

i dont think so...i seriously doubt that if Jasper was in the state tourney they would cancel all their baseball games and leave all the other teams hanging

School board, Superintendent and AD all would have a say in what should be done. It probably isn't even a Head Coaches decision in a case like this.

My point of view would be from the players on the baseball team. Essentially what you are saying is that their season is unimportant. Instead of them getting prepared for a tough district schedule, their coaches want to go watch the basketball team. I know it's state, but it doesn't change the fact that they are putting the baseball team on the back burner.

My question is this...

Lets say WO-S or any other school for that matter makes it to state in Volleyball this year. This will most certainly conflict with football games....So

Do you cancel the football game?...isnt it the same thing or are some sports less important than others

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder