Coach Aggie is reporting Lum-W is out?

Horns46

[quote name="Coach Aggie" post="1314534" timestamp="1351605650"]
[quote author=teamraider link=topic=105427.msg1314530#msg1314530 date=1351605290]
I am the STJFL president and I was at the field during this game. During the first quarter, I was told by other board members that the Lumberton coach did not have his cards. [b]The Beaumont coach did not inform the STJFL until after the game was started[/b] and had already agreed to have the Lumberton coach send somebody to get his cards. The STJFL members are usually not present at the initial MPR meeting and card exchange because it happens between the coaches before the pre-game meeting and coin flip. The purpose of the cards is to establish the eligibility of players, but if a coach allows players to start the game without verification then eligibility is implied.  Almost every game is started without card verification by either team. Before the season started we informed all coaches to stop a game and get a STJFL member to resolve conflicts, but that did not happen in this case. There were four board members present that were not from Lumberton involved with this. The STJFL Coaches Representative went to each sideline and had discussions with both coaches and all agreed to allow the game to be played and the cards were verified before the end of the game with no ineligible players.

The STJFL has procedures in place to deal with issues and complaints. This is being handled by the Coaches Representative who is not associated with Lumberton or Beaumont.  He is still talking to all of the board members and he will inform everyone involved when there is a decision. Generally when there is a complaint the members of that association are not involved with the investigation or punishment and this situation is no different. I hardly ever post on this site and I'm not going to engage with anyone over this topic, but I wanted to try and set the record straight.
[/quote]
[color=red][size=14pt]
This statement is incorrect. Carlos and Jeani were informed prior to kickoff
[/size][/color][/quote]Your turn PREZ/ Teamraider

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Gucci" post="1314535" timestamp="1351605831"]
[quote author=Coach Aggie link=topic=105427.msg1314534#msg1314534 date=1351605650]
[quote author=teamraider link=topic=105427.msg1314530#msg1314530 date=1351605290]
I am the STJFL president and I was at the field during this game. During the first quarter, I was told by other board members that the Lumberton coach did not have his cards. [b]The Beaumont coach did not inform the STJFL until after the game was started[/b] and had already agreed to have the Lumberton coach send somebody to get his cards. The STJFL members are usually not present at the initial MPR meeting and card exchange because it happens between the coaches before the pre-game meeting and coin flip. The purpose of the cards is to establish the eligibility of players, but if a coach allows players to start the game without verification then eligibility is implied.  Almost every game is started without card verification by either team. Before the season started we informed all coaches to stop a game and get a STJFL member to resolve conflicts, but that did not happen in this case. There were four board members present that were not from Lumberton involved with this. The STJFL Coaches Representative went to each sideline and had discussions with both coaches and all agreed to allow the game to be played and the cards were verified before the end of the game with no ineligible players.

The STJFL has procedures in place to deal with issues and complaints. This is being handled by the Coaches Representative who is not associated with Lumberton or Beaumont.  He is still talking to all of the board members and he will inform everyone involved when there is a decision. Generally when there is a complaint the members of that association are not involved with the investigation or punishment and this situation is no different. I hardly ever post on this site and [b]I'm not going to engage with anyone over this topic[/b], but I wanted to try and set the record straight.
[/quote]
[color=red][size=14pt]
[/quote]
Hmmmmmmmm

[quote name="wish u knew! Don't YA!" post="1314536" timestamp="1351606150"]
[quote author=Gucci link=topic=105427.msg1314535#msg1314535 date=1351605831]
[quote author=Coach Aggie link=topic=105427.msg1314534#msg1314534 date=1351605650]

The STJFL has procedures in place to deal with issues and complaints. This is being handled by the Coaches Representative who is not associated with Lumberton or Beaumont.  He is still talking to all of the board members and he will inform everyone involved when there is a decision. Generally when there is a complaint the members of that association are not involved with the investigation or punishment and this situation is no different. I hardly ever post on this site and [b]I'm not going to engage with anyone over this topic[/b], but I wanted to try and set the record straight.
[/quote]
[color=red][size=14pt]
[/quote
HMMMMM
[/quote]

No need to reply.  He said what he wanted to say.  You should get your team ready to play, wait they lost.

[quote name="CCF" post="1314509" timestamp="1351604228"]
[quote author=wish u knew! Don't YA! link=topic=105427.msg1314478#msg1314478 date=1351602141]
[quote author=CCF link=topic=105427.msg1314470#msg1314470 date=1351601524]
[quote author=wish u knew! Don't YA! link=topic=105427.msg1314284#msg1314284 date=1351564231]
What is a RULE:

A rule is something that a group of people have to follow and is not
enforced by police or government but may be enforced by a leader
of a group.

Well STJFL just showed they are not LEADERS!!
[/quote]

Take your organization to another league.  That is simple.  See Ya
[/quote]
CLASSY MY FRIEND..LOL GUCCI, you know who the PEEWEE team plays this weekend right.. ;) 75+
[/quote]

I would love for you to put up 75, makes no difference to me.  Good luck, that would be the best thing your organization could do.  [color=purple][size=10pt]Cant beat anyone in Sr so whip the Pee Wee teams.  LOL
[/quote]They're in the 2nd round of the playoffs by default  ;D

[quote name="Coach Aggie" post="1314534" timestamp="1351605650"]

The STJFL has procedures in place to deal with issues and complaints. This is being handled by the Coaches Representative who is not associated with Lumberton or Beaumont.  He is still talking to all of the board members and he will inform everyone involved when there is a decision. Generally when there is a complaint the members of that association are not involved with the investigation or punishment and this situation is no different. I hardly ever post on this site and I'm not going to engage with anyone over this topic, but I wanted to try and set the record straight.
[/quote]

[/quote]

One of the two you mentioned is not a board member and the other one never communicated that to the rest of us that I'm aware of. Maybe the Coaches Rep will have some insight on that.

[quote name="teamraider" post="1314542" timestamp="1351606664"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

One of the two you mentioned is not a board member and the other one never communicated that to the rest of us that I'm aware of. Maybe the Coaches Rep will have some insight on that.
[/quote]
Thanks for all that you do teamraider. Thanks for all the time that you put into this league! Without y'all, we wouldn't be here.

[quote name="teamraider" post="1314530" timestamp="1351605290"]
[/quote]

If one of the people the coach talked to was a board memeber, then the STJFL would have been notified.  The coach cannot be expected to hold that board member's hand until he/she notifies the rest of the STJFL governing body.  The STJFL board members have duties and responsibilites themselves.

If a STJFL board member is notified that one team does not have its player cards, then is the STJFL, by allowing it, declaring the players eligible, since that is what the rule enforces?  How would an opposing coach be able to ensure that?  Can the STJFL waive eligibility requirements?  I'm curious about the reasoning, as it may open up many scenarios where foul play could be allowed (not saying that's the case here). 

For example, lets say I have a team and I decide to cheat the system.  I forgot my book, add a few kids, pull some kids from my local high school team, change LO ot no LO, etc.  If an STJFL official is notified that my book is missing, lost, etc., and they let the game continue, then they have declared all my players eligible.  (For the record, I wouldn't do it, and I am confident the LumW coaches did not do this either, I'm just opening the scenario to those that could exploit it.)

[quote name="shockg" post="1314569" timestamp="1351608439"]
[/quote]

If one of the people the coach talked to was a board memeber, then the STJFL would have been notified.  The coach cannot be expected to hold that board member's hand until he/she notifies the rest of the STJFL governing body.  The STJFL board members have duties and responsibilites themselves.

If a STJFL board member is notified that one team does not have its player cards, then is the STJFL, by allowing it, declaring the players eligible, since that is what the rule enforces?  How would an opposing coach be able to ensure that?  Can the STJFL waive eligibility requirements?  I'm curious about the reasoning, as it may open up many scenarios where foul play could be allowed (not saying that's the case here). 

For example, lets say I have a team and I decide to cheat the system.  I forgot my book, add a few kids, pull some kids from my local high school team, change LO ot no LO, etc.  If an STJFL official is notified that my book is missing, lost, etc., and they let the game continue, then they have declared all my players eligible.  (For the record, I wouldn't do it, and I am confident the LumW coaches did not do this either, I'm just opening the scenario to those that could exploit it.)
[/quote]

The coach should make the STJFL aware before the game starts and the STJFL board member should declare the players ineligible prior to kickoff. If that is not done and the game is started then the players are deemed eligible as if the cards were not exchanged at all. It is the same as most other games where coaches don't look at each others cards. There seems to have been a breakdown at several points with this game, but once a game is played it is hard to overturn unless there was an MPR or eligibility violation. Even most eligibility violations are not taken out on the team but usually results in a penalty on the coach. We always try to not punish the kids if we can avoid it. I never saw the Beaumont board member and was not aware he was at the game. I don't know what the Beaumont coach was told, but the game should not have started if he had asked the STJFL for the cards.

Every scenario is different and I know it appears some situations are the same with different punishments but I can assure we put a great deal of effort as a group into keeping things fair for all.

I asked, on this thread or another, for an explanation.  Thanks teamraider for the details.  If the coach did indeed waive his team's right to ask for cards then - no excuses.  Really put the Bmt coach in a bind.  Do I follow the rules and appear petty, or play on.  I'm sure plenty of board members will be on the field this weekend. 

how about an stjfl board member asks both teams coaches for their player eligibility cards before the game starts & if a team doesnt give them to stjfl board member the team forfiets 1-0,like other teams in similar situations have done in the past.i gurantee the stjfl woulda gave wos,p.a. or 2012 bmt. pee wee team 1-0 forfiet loss without hesitaion. ;D ;D ;D

[quote author=wish u knew! Don't YA! link=topic=105427.msg1314478#msg1314478 date=1351602141]
[quote author=wish u knew! Don't YA! link=topic=105427.msg1314284#msg1314284 date=1351564231]
What is a RULE:

of a group.

[/quote]

[/quote]
CLASSY MY FRIEND..LOL GUCCI, you know who the PEEWEE team plays this weekend right.. ;) 75+
[/quote]

[size=18pt][color=blue][b]I would love for you to put up 75, makes no difference to me.  Good luck, that would be the best thing your organization could do.  Cant beat anyone in Sr so whip the Pee Wee teams.  LOL[/b][/quote][/color][/size]

My Question is since the SR's cant beat anyone, What's Lumberton's High School record?

Sounds like there need to be more organization with the league and the coaches. Some one needs to be responsible for keeping things in order. If you coach, you should be on top of anything that goes on with your team. You have been given the privilege to shape these young men, so have the sense to be aware of your team and show some responsiblity.

[quote name="Badboy Blue" post="1314789" timestamp="1351620597"]
[quote author=CCF link=topic=105427.msg1314509#msg1314509 date=1351604228]
What is a RULE:

of a group.

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[size=18pt][color=blue][b]I would love for you to put up 75, makes no difference to me.  Good luck, that would be the best thing your organization could do.  Cant beat anyone in Sr so whip the Pee Wee teams.  LOL[/b][/quote][/color][/size]

My Question is since the SR's cant beat anyone, What's Lumberton's High School record?
[/quote

Again, makes no difference to me.  I think Kelly could even beat Lumberton, what does that prove.  How much did your house cost?  Now thats funny.

What is a RULE:

of a group.

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I would love for you to put up 75, makes no difference to me.  Good luck, that would be the best thing your organization could do.  Cant beat anyone in Sr so whip the Pee Wee teams.  LOL
[/quote]

Agreed! 75 sounds like a real good number! Show Prez whos boss. Dont let them little kids get in the way of your goals either go for 100+ dream big gucci!

[quote name="bwl4335" post="1314816" timestamp="1351622007"]
[quote author=CCF link=topic=105427.msg1314509#msg1314509 date=1351604228]
What is a RULE:

of a group.

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I would love for you to put up 75, makes no difference to me.  Good luck, that would be the best thing your organization could do.  Cant beat anyone in Sr so whip the Pee Wee teams.  LOL
[/quote]

Agreed! 75 sounds like a real good number! Show Prez whos boss. Dont let them little kids get in the way of your goals either go for 100+ dream big gucci!
[/quote]If Bmt put up 75+ again they can kiss winning the Superbowl goodbye.

Do the coaches not have to sign that they agree with mpr and cards? I thought I remembered the head coaches to sign the mpr sheet. And if they did they could not come back later and protest the game. It a sad situation for the kids on these teams. Either way it goes one of these teams has been cheated out of something. The game should not have been played until the cards where reviewed. But for some reason it was. Everyone just needs to keep in mind it is all about the kids and the adults acting like children is not going to help anything.

Guest White4Life22
Let’s just forget all the dang mpr’s and cards and over scoring and let the best team win and call it, I don’t know uh……..Football! Bring your cards Saturday or not Png-White Sr’s are gonna win or lose playing there hearts out! I do the MPR’s for my squad and coach and we wanna win by smashing not by forfeit! T all Lumberton Coaches and affiliates let’s get it on straight up leave your cards at home, bring’em to the game, we don’t care bout cards we wanna play some football!!! We got family in the stands injured players on the sidelines and we won’t that BELT! We can type on these keyboards all night and I see some folks on here would rather type it out but we want to play it out!!! Come and get it Raiders! Good game Lumberton White, Bmt had their chance and dropped the ball so squad up next year, Come get some Blue & White bad enough take some!!

[quote name="White4Life22" post="1314926" timestamp="1351627785"]
Let’s just forget all the dang mpr’s and cards and over scoring and let the best team win and call it, I don’t know uh……..Football! Bring your cards Saturday or not Png-White Sr’s are gonna win or lose playing there hearts out! I do the MPR’s for my squad and coach and we wanna win by smashing not by forfeit! T all Lumberton Coaches and affiliates let’s get it on straight up leave your cards at home, bring’em to the game, [color=red][size=12pt]we don’t care bout cards we wanna play some football!!! We got family in the stands injured players on the sidelines and we won’t that BELT! We can type on these keyboards all night and I see some folks on here would rather type it out but we want to play it out!!! [/size][/color][color=red][size=10pt]Come and get it Raiders! [/size][/color]Good game Lumberton White, Bmt had their chance and dropped the ball so squad up next year, Come get some Blue & White bad enough take some!!
[/quote]That's what im talking about. Beat em like they stole something

I have been coaching in this league for 5 years and have never lined Yup the kids and verified their faces etc by the cards. We have always posted by honor if you choose to cheat at junior football you have bigger problems. I don't know the coach from Lumberton, but you can bet he is human and  may have forgotten something at the house. Remember we are not professional coaches and human errors occur....the kids were legal, the game was played, quit looking on the grassy  knoll looking for a conspiracy, because there isn't one...lets move on.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin