Coach Aggie is reporting Lum-W is out?

Horns46

[quote name="wish u knew! Don't YA!" post="1314247" timestamp="1351561019"]
I dare another Team or STJFL make us show our MPR's. STJFL is a JOKE. Good job guys. You let a Team BREAK a RULE and done nothing about it. IF the President in Beaumont don't stand up for yall league he needs to be voted out just as the STJFL Board Members do.

[color=red][move][color=red]STJFL                                    WHAT A JOKE[/color][/move]
[/quote]

The correct team is playing next week. Stop crying. You lost against legal kids. You have one stacked team that will win the super bowl. Wow shut up.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="mysons#1fan" post="1314380" timestamp="1351569354"]
[quote author=CCF link=topic=105427.msg1314331#msg1314331 date=1351566490]
[quote author=wish u knew! Don't YA! link=topic=105427.msg1314247#msg1314247 date=1351561019]
I dare another Team or STJFL make us show our MPR's. STJFL is a JOKE. Good job guys. You let a Team BREAK a RULE and done nothing about it. IF the President in Beaumont don't stand up for yall league he needs to be voted out just as the STJFL Board Members do.

[color=red][move][color=red]STJFL                                    WHAT A JOKE[/color][/move]
[/quote]

The correct team is playing next week. Stop crying. You lost against legal kids. You have one stacked team that will win the super bowl. Wow shut up.
[/quote]This peewee team will win the next 4 Superbowls long as Anderson and Rivers are together. Guarantee it
[/quote]
Hmmmm ,You really think soooo

[quote name="wish u knew! Don't YA!" post="1314247" timestamp="1351561019"]
I dare another Team or STJFL make us show our MPR's. STJFL is a JOKE. Good job guys. You let a Team BREAK a RULE and done nothing about it. [color=red][size=18pt]IF the President in Beaumont don't stand up for yall league he needs to be voted out just as the STJFL Board Members do.[/size][/color]

[/quote]+1000

[quote name="wish u knew! Don't YA!" post="1314284" timestamp="1351564231"]
What is a RULE:

A rule is something that a group of people have to follow and is not
enforced by police or government but may be enforced by a leader
of a group.

Well STJFL just showed they are not LEADERS!!
[/quote]

Take your organization to another league.  That is simple.  See Ya

[quote name="CCF" post="1314470" timestamp="1351601524"]
[quote author=wish u knew! Don't YA! link=topic=105427.msg1314284#msg1314284 date=1351564231]
What is a RULE:

of a group.

[/quote]

[/quote]How about Bmt just start putting up 75 on everybody. That way i can tell you to Shut Up when you start whining

[quote name="CCF" post="1314470" timestamp="1351601524"]
[quote author=wish u knew! Don't YA! link=topic=105427.msg1314284#msg1314284 date=1351564231]
What is a RULE:

of a group.

[/quote]

[/quote]
CLASSY MY FRIEND..LOL GUCCI, you know who the PEEWEE team plays this weekend right.. ;) 75+

[quote name="wish u knew! Don't YA!" post="1314478" timestamp="1351602141"]
[quote author=CCF link=topic=105427.msg1314470#msg1314470 date=1351601524]
What is a RULE:

of a group.

[/quote]

[/quote]
CLASSY MY FRIEND..LOL GUCCI, you know who the PEEWEE team plays this weekend right.. ;) 75+
[/quote]What would happen if Bmt B forgets their MPR cards this weekend??

I seem to remember the league coming down pretty hard last year on a Vidor coach for a rules violation.  I also remember the league coming down pretty hard on the Port Arthur organization for a rules violation.  I remember a couple of years ago WOS having to forfeit a game do to a rules violation.  If a rule was violated, the punishment for the rule should be followed.  If there is an exception, there needs to be a rule for that exception, otherwise, everyone is an exception.  If a rule was violated, I think we are entitled to know why it was not met with the appropriate punishment.  Hopefully the STJFL board, not just the president of the STJFL, have an explanation.  I tend to agree with some of the posters, its seems like some organizations get away with more 'exceptions'.  It may not be the reality, but it is definately the appearance. 

[quote name="shockg" post="1314485" timestamp="1351602858"]
I seem to remember the league coming down pretty hard last year on a Vidor coach for a rules violation.  I also remember the league coming down pretty hard on the Port Arthur organization for a rules violation.  I remember a couple of years ago WOS having to forfeit a game do to a rules violation.  If a rule was violated, the punishment for the rule should be followed.  If there is an exception, there needs to be a rule for that exception, otherwise, everyone is an exception.  If a rule was violated, I think we are entitled to know why it was not met with the appropriate punishment.  Hopefully the STJFL board, not just the president of the STJFL, have an explanation.  I tend to agree with some of the posters, its seems like some organizations get away with more 'exceptions'.  It may not be the reality, but it is definately the appearance. 
[/quote]Bmt coaches received a two game suspension a few weeks ago for violating a rule.

[quote name="Gucci" post="1314484" timestamp="1351602633"]
[quote author=wish u knew! Don't YA! link=topic=105427.msg1314478#msg1314478 date=1351602141]
What is a RULE:

of a group.

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
Well a couple different things could happen. If the opposing coach wants to be a chicken butt and say that he is not playing because the team does not have the cards, then Bmt B would lose 1-0. If the coach is a man and waives his rights and says don't worry about it, I KNOW that all your kids are legal, lets just play the game.... Then the game is played with no question about a protest.. Sad that people wanna protest after they lose. No rule was broke. The coach waived his right

[quote name="Gucci" post="1314491" timestamp="1351603235"]
[quote author=shockg link=topic=105427.msg1314485#msg1314485 date=1351602858]
[/quote]Bmt coaches received a two game suspension a few weeks ago for violating a rule.
[/quote]
So would ANY other coach that broke a rule. No rule broke in this situation

[quote name="wish u knew! Don't YA!" post="1314478" timestamp="1351602141"]
What is a RULE:

of a group.

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I would love for you to put up 75, makes no difference to me.  Good luck, that would be the best thing your organization could do.  Cant beat anyone in Sr so whip the Pee Wee teams.  LOL

[quote name="bradyb" post="1314494" timestamp="1351603616"]
No one violated a rule. The coach waived his rights at the beginning of the game... Just like if a coach signs the MPR sheet and the other team does not play any 10 play kids at all, that coach can't protest that. Simple guys.
[/quote]

As I understood it from previous posts, you were not on the field.  I don't know how you know that he waived his rights.  Also, I saw the posts that the Bmt coach began in protest, which would protect his rights.  I also saw posts that indicated that the Bmt coach agreed to play, if Lum coach produced them at halftime, which was not done.  In that case, I think he (bmt coach) did enough to protect his rights. 

I did not witness what was said.  I am looking at this from the outside, on some message board, responding to what anonymous(ish) posters say.  I am not trying to make a conclusory statement to the facts, since I was not there to witness what was said.  I do not think anyone cheated.  I have not heard that was even an issue.  What is at issue is the rule.  If it was broken, and the league allowed an exception, I would like to know what the decision was and why.  Not because I want to attack or applaud it, I just want to know when I can have the exception.  When does the rule apply to my team, when does it not.  As a coach, what must I do to preserve the rule? 

[quote name="bradyb" post="1314494" timestamp="1351603616"]
[b]No one violated a rule. The coach waived his rights at the beginning of the game[/b]... Just like if a coach signs the MPR sheet and the other team does not play any 10 play kids at all, that coach can't protest that. Simple guys.
[/quote]

But the question is this - Can a coach waive a violation? There was no "signing off on it". There is no paper to back that up.

Add to that, this - once a board member has been made aware of a violation, can they "waive" it? Prior to the kick off the head coach of Beaumont spoke with two board members. I know of, at least, 3 other board members that were there. Once informed, what was the responsibility of the board members? Should they have postponed the game to talk about the violation and make a ruling? Is there a rule (and I know there is not) that states a violation of rules can be decided upon by the coach of a team.

Procedure violations as to player cards and other off the field issues are not dealt with on the field by coaches. They are dealt with by the organization... later.

[quote name="bradyb" post="1314501" timestamp="1351603871"]
[quote author=Gucci link=topic=105427.msg1314484#msg1314484 date=1351602633]
[quote author=wish u knew! Don't YA! link=topic=105427.msg1314478#msg1314478 date=1351602141]
What is a RULE:

of a group.

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
Well a couple different things could happen. [b]If the opposing coach wants to be a chicken butt and say that he is not playing because the team does not have the cards[/b], then Bmt B would lose 1-0. [b]If the coach is a man and waives his rights and says don't worry about it, I KNOW that all your kids are legal, lets just play the game.... [/b] Then the game is played with no question about a protest.. Sad that people wanna protest after they lose. No rule was broke. The coach waived his right
[/quote]
Thats why STJFL  shouldnt leave it up to a coach. Because of people like you would come on here and call him out and call him names. The BMT Coach did not the rule or when he had to protest. He did not waive his right!

[quote name="shockg" post="1314510" timestamp="1351604289"]
[quote author=bradyb link=topic=105427.msg1314494#msg1314494 date=1351603616]
No one violated a rule. The coach waived his rights at the beginning of the game... Just like if a coach signs the MPR sheet and the other team does not play any 10 play kids at all, that coach can't protest that. Simple guys.
[/quote]

As I understood it from previous posts, you were not on the field.  I don't know how you know that he waived his rights.  Also, I saw the posts that the Bmt coach began in protest, which would protect his rights.  I also saw posts that indicated that the Bmt coach agreed to play, if Lum coach produced them at halftime, which was not done.  In that case, I think he (bmt coach) did enough to protect his rights. 

I did not witness what was said.  I am looking at this from the outside, on some message board, responding to what anonymous(ish) posters say.  I am not trying to make a conclusory statement to the facts, since I was not there to witness what was said.  I do not think anyone cheated.  I have not heard that was even an issue.  What is at issue is the rule.  If it was broken, and the league allowed an exception, I would like to know what the decision was and why.  Not because I want to attack or applaud it, I just want to know when I can have the exception.  When does the rule apply to my team, when does it not.  As a coach, what must I do to preserve the rule?
[/quote]

Very good post, shockg.

[quote name="Coach Aggie" post="1314515" timestamp="1351604559"]
[quote author=shockg link=topic=105427.msg1314510#msg1314510 date=1351604289]
[quote author=bradyb link=topic=105427.msg1314494#msg1314494 date=1351603616]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Very good post, shockg.
[/quote]
He's just taking up for his BIG BROTHER..lol

Good Questions Coach Aggie.  Without taking sides, rules are in place to protect something.  MPR is there to protect kids from not being allowed to participate.  The safety rule is there to penalize and discourage legal 'cheap shot' hits, but still allow the score.  My understanding is the player card rules are there to ensure the players are who they are, and that any LO or OL players can be identified.

I accept (begrudgingly) that some rules can be bent, if the integrity and spirit of the rule is not comprimised.  Some are hard and fast rules that are never supposed to be broken.  An OL kid playing LB should never happen, it is a safety concern.  An opposing coach cannot even give permission, or waive, for the other team to allow an OL player on the opposing team to play RB, LB, or any other non-OL position.  My question to the STJFL is, can this player card rule be bent, and if so, how and why.  Was the spirit of the rule broken in this instance?  I have my opinion, but I am trying to be neutral.  I want answers.  I want the truth.  You can't handle the truth.  The truth is, we live in a.....sorry kinda went off on a tangent. 

I am the STJFL president and I was at the field during this game. During the first quarter, I was told by other board members that the Lumberton coach did not have his cards. The Beaumont coach did not inform the STJFL until after the game was started and had already agreed to have the Lumberton coach send somebody to get his cards. The STJFL members are usually not present at the initial MPR meeting and card exchange because it happens between the coaches before the pre-game meeting and coin flip. The purpose of the cards is to establish the eligibility of players, but if a coach allows players to start the game without verification then eligibility is implied.  Almost every game is started without card verification by either team. Before the season started we informed all coaches to stop a game and get a STJFL member to resolve conflicts, but that did not happen in this case. There were four board members present that were not from Lumberton involved with this. The STJFL Coaches Representative went to each sideline and had discussions with both coaches and all agreed to allow the game to be played and the cards were verified before the end of the game with no ineligible players.

The STJFL has procedures in place to deal with issues and complaints. This is being handled by the Coaches Representative who is not associated with Lumberton or Beaumont.  He is still talking to all of the board members and he will inform everyone involved when there is a decision. Generally when there is a complaint the members of that association are not involved with the investigation or punishment and this situation is no different. I hardly ever post on this site and I'm not going to engage with anyone over this topic, but I wanted to try and set the record straight.

[quote name="wish u knew! Don't YA!" post="1314513" timestamp="1351604492"]
[quote author=bradyb link=topic=105427.msg1314501#msg1314501 date=1351603871]
[quote author=Gucci link=topic=105427.msg1314484#msg1314484 date=1351602633]
What is a RULE:

of a group.

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
Well a couple different things could happen. [b]If the opposing coach wants to be a chicken butt and say that he is not playing because the team does not have the cards[/b], then Bmt B would lose 1-0. [b]If the coach is a man and waives his rights and says don't worry about it, I KNOW that all your kids are legal, lets just play the game.... [/b] Then the game is played with no question about a protest.. Sad that people wanna protest after they lose. No rule was broke. The coach waived his right
[/quote]
Thats why STJFL  shouldnt leave it up to a coach. Because of people like you would come on here and call him out and call him names. The BMT Coach did not the rule or when he had to protest. He did not waive his right!
[/quote]

Whoa now... Didn't call a name at all

[quote name="teamraider" post="1314530" timestamp="1351605290"]
I am the STJFL president and I was at the field during this game. During the first quarter, I was told by other board members that the Lumberton coach did not have his cards. [b]The Beaumont coach did not inform the STJFL until after the game was started[/b] and had already agreed to have the Lumberton coach send somebody to get his cards. The STJFL members are usually not present at the initial MPR meeting and card exchange because it happens between the coaches before the pre-game meeting and coin flip. The purpose of the cards is to establish the eligibility of players, but if a coach allows players to start the game without verification then eligibility is implied.  Almost every game is started without card verification by either team. Before the season started we informed all coaches to stop a game and get a STJFL member to resolve conflicts, but that did not happen in this case. There were four board members present that were not from Lumberton involved with this. The STJFL Coaches Representative went to each sideline and had discussions with both coaches and all agreed to allow the game to be played and the cards were verified before the end of the game with no ineligible players.

The STJFL has procedures in place to deal with issues and complaints. This is being handled by the Coaches Representative who is not associated with Lumberton or Beaumont.  He is still talking to all of the board members and he will inform everyone involved when there is a decision. Generally when there is a complaint the members of that association are not involved with the investigation or punishment and this situation is no different. I hardly ever post on this site and I'm not going to engage with anyone over this topic, but I wanted to try and set the record straight.
[/quote]

This statement is incorrect. Carlos and Jeani were informed prior to kickoff

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317