Longest HR You've seen In High School?

Sitting behind the plate they all look huge, but there is one that stands out in my mind. Back in 2000 or so there was a big kid that played catcher for LCM, Brandon ''''' and Im to old to remember, anyway he punched a ball over the trees @ LCM, it had to go atleast 500ft.

Back in the 80's.....Scott Gooch of Bridge City hit a towering shot over the lights and railroad tracks in dead center of Mustang Park @WOS. It just disappeared into the darkness. :o Coach Ronnie Anderson told us that it was the hardest hit ball he had ever seen at Mustang Park. Scott went on and played football for University of Texas and last I heard was a stock broker. Andre Robertson definately hit some tape-measure jobs there as well!

Jay Bruce (WB) hit a ball last year at Spring Westfield (you BC folks will remember that park from 1 of your playoff series last year). That ball went just right of CF, over the fence behind the park and over the trees behind that. It was like the Energizer Bunny....it just kept going and going and going.

A nice runner-up came in 2004 at Houston Memorial during the playoffs. After Bruce had hit another tape measure shot over the 410 sign in CF (still climbing on its way over), WB then-soph John Michael Falgout hit an absolute rope over the power alley in LCF and over the parking area behind it. T remendous....

My senior year we played in the Deer Park Tournament, and opened with Fort Bend Elkins(ranked 1st in the nation at the time.) We had a relief pitcher that came in after we were being drilled(I'll leave him nameless). The shot went deep to left field past the fence, over a ditch and into a bus barn, an oldtimer at the park said it was the deepest homerun he'd ever seen.

I know this isn't high school but the longest homerun I saw was by Chad Landry former Nederland and Texas Tech standout and now Head Coach for HF. It was against the University of Texas in Austin....over the lights in right field and landed in the yard across the street....What a bomb!!

Back in the 80's.....Scott Gooch of Bridge City hit a towering shot over the lights and railroad tracks in dead center of Mustang Park @WOS. It just disappeared into the darkness. Coach Ronnie Anderson told us that it was the hardest hit ball he had ever seen at Mustang Park. Scott went on and played football for University of Texas and last I heard was a stock broker. Andre Robertson definately hit some tape-measure jobs there as well!

Gooch also hit one that year at BC against WOS. Leftcenter over the cages almost to Bower Dr. I was on 1st when he hit it and stood there in shock. He had to stop running so not to pass me up. Him and Bubba Thurman that year during bp would put on a show.

Although it may not be the 'tape measure' job some have mentioned above, the longest HR I ever saw was the first one my son ever hit out at West End Little League -- probably went all of 210 feet. But it was the longest 210 feet I ever saw and certaintly the 'best' !!!!

I was on deck my senior year and watched in amazement as Jeff Granger hit one over the light poles in left center field for a grand slam homerun. Back then we played our games where the girls softball field is now, well where it use to be before Rita. Anyway, he hit it so far that it landed in the elementary parking lot and a couple of bounces later it was rolling across hwy 105. Never seen anything like it!!! He definetly hit some bombs.

Also my Junior year, saw Ronnie Comeaux hit one to dead center field against SFA that hit halfway up the building that was 30ft behind the fence, and rolled across the street. Sign in CF said 410ft...monster shot!!!

Guest Orangeboy

When I played at BC we played against Barbe one day and they hit two off of the old shop and one that cleared the batting cages and went into the tennis courts. We also had TJ Knight hit a shot against TJ in Port Arthur I think it is 400. He hit the bottom of the wall in dead center and came all the way around for an in the parker.

I'm dating myself here, In 1969 or 1970 their was a tall slender guy from old Forest Park I believe his name was Paul Booth hit a line drive at old Stark High Baseball field to Center field. I don't know if you guys remember the tree in center field that had 456' on it but Booth hit this ball just to the base of this tree. If not the longest, it was one of hardest hit balls i've ever seen.

:o Back in 1986 when I first started calling games we were training at a WOS preseason game. I watched Rod Robertson hit a bomb and thought it was huge until Jason Woods hit a ball over the train and into the pasture, the ball is probably still out there because it sunk into the ground and couldn't be found.... :shock:

I saw Clay McWilliams (class of 2005) hit a bomb over BH's left field that carried at least 425 in the air. All that and it was against a 25 plus mph wind blowing into the left field wall. He hit 2 or 3 out that night and all of them were WAY OVER the fence and the wind never let up. I think BH was playing Splendora that night.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder