21-3A playoff picture?

lhsof23

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1312377" timestamp="1351369516"]
I don't this WOS will beat Silsbee guys! Reed is a year older and I think he has the best WR group in 21-3A. WOS has played great defense and has allowed their offense to have some great field position, if Silsbee's defense plays lights out, good night WOS!
[/quote]+1 :)

I don't this WOS will beat Silsbee guys! Reed is a year older and I think he has the best WR group in 21-3A. WOS has played great defense and has allowed their offense to have some great field position, if Silsbee's defense plays lights out, good night WOS!
[/quote]

It will be great game no doubt. Our district will be well represented come playoff time!

[/quote] 8)

There must be something good in the water in silsbee lol lets be real guys, silsbee is still the same team that lost to png at home! And let's be honest png is absolutely horrible! Silsbee gets scored on every single week so don't expect their defense to just all of a sudden turn into the steel curtain! Wos will hold silsbee to 14 points or less and score 17 or more!

[quote name="the-riot07" post="1312523" timestamp="1351377078"]
There must be something good in the water in silsbee lol lets be real guys, silsbee is still the same team that lost to png at home! And let's be honest png is absolutely horrible! Silsbee gets scored on every single week so don't expect their defense to just all of a sudden turn into the steel curtain! Wos will hold silsbee to 14 points or less and score 17 or more!
[/quote]1st game of the year also.  ;)

Guest Air Bisquit
[/quote]yes that game was a head scratcher, but Silsbee is a totally different team now. Silsbee traditionally matches up well with the Mustangs. If the Mustangs offense struggles, they will get beat.

prediction Silsbee 28 Mustangs 17

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="VNUPE" post="1312640" timestamp="1351383447"]
Hmmm...159 points by the WOS offense in the last 4 games and people still think they're struggling ....interesting.
[/quote]Silsbee is not exactly struggling to score points either ;D

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1312651" timestamp="1351384261"]
[quote author=VNUPE link=topic=105336.msg1312640#msg1312640 date=1351383447]
Hmmm...159 points by the WOS offense in the last 4 games and people still think they're struggling ....interesting.
[/quote]Silsbee is not exactly struggling to score points either ;D
[/quote]

I never said they were. I was only responding to the comment made about WOS's offense struggling.

WOS has a offense has struggled a bit this year! Silsbee has a offense that put up 40 on everyone but game one. WOS defense that has closed the door to the end zone for almost everyone. Have they played a team like Silsbee? Surely not Central! Honestly, Silsbee could have put a 60 stack on Buna, BC, OF, and HF if they wanted. A lot of points were score on Silsbee's second team defense. The Tigers 1st team has given up very few points. 18 to HF was the most after a bye week. I bet HJ doesnt get over 6.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1312677" timestamp="1351385579"]
WOS has a offense has struggled a bit this year! Silsbee has a offense that put up 40 on everyone but game one. WOS defense that has closed the door to the end zone for almost everyone. Have they played a team like Silsbee? Surely not Central! Honestly, Silsbee could have put a 60 stack on Buna, BC, OF, and HF if they wanted. A lot of points were score on Silsbee's second team defense. The Tigers 1st team has given up very few points. 18 to HF was the most after a bye week. I bet HJ doesnt get over 6.
[/quote]

Dude, you are way off. Jasper came into the game against WOS averaging almost 50 points a game. They were held to 7 points. Silsbee has not played a team close to Jasper.

[/quote]
If,if,IF............Such a big word !!!!

Me personally I think Silsbee coach will play to win but also try to stay healthy going into the playoffs, Silsbee will play hard but the game is really meaningless other than the district title and bragging rights ,Silsbee has a chance to go deep in the playoffs with the way things are shaping up. Wo-s has a great defense but their offence can take a while to get going so if Silsbee can take advantage of that and put a couple of scores on the board first then tigers defense will play lights out as well , we may not be Wo-s caliber on defense but the tigers can bring it to.

[quote name="VNUPE" post="1312719" timestamp="1351388099"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=105336.msg1312677#msg1312677 date=1351385579]
[/quote]

Dude, you are way off. Jasper came into the game against WOS averaging almost 50 points a game. They were held to 7 points. Silsbee has not played a team close to Jasper.
[/quote]

LCM and Livingston are better than Jasper! Silsbee beat both! Know your facts dude!

[/quote]

Yes We lost to PNG and they aren't having a good year.  This was a game that the Tigers should have won by probably 2 TDs.  We cost ourselves that by dropping several passes.  There were also a couple of big interference calls that weren't made costing the Tigers(one deep in Indian territory that turned the ball over on downs and one on the 2 point conversion try that decided the game).  Yes there was also one that was missed against us as well.  But another key factor in that game was Chris Elam didn't play.  Since he has returned the Tigers have become a more dangerous team in all areas of the game.

[quote name="ST413" post="1312848" timestamp="1351396328"]
[quote author=the-riot07 link=topic=105336.msg1312523#msg1312523 date=1351377078]
[/quote]

Yes We lost to PNG and they aren't having a good year.  This was a game that the Tigers should have won by probably 2 TDs.  We cost ourselves that by dropping several passes.  There were also a couple of big interference calls that weren't made costing the Tigers(one deep in Indian territory that turned the ball over on downs and one on the 2 point conversion try that decided the game).  Yes there was also one that was missed against us as well.  But another key factor in that game was Chris Elam didn't play.  Since he has returned the Tigers have become a more dangerous team in all areas of the game.
[/quote]Thats some serious excuse-in! :o

[quote name="77" post="1312853" timestamp="1351397465"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=105336.msg1312848#msg1312848 date=1351396328]
[quote author=the-riot07 link=topic=105336.msg1312523#msg1312523 date=1351377078]
[/quote]

[/quote]Thats some serious excuse-in! :o
[/quote]

No excuses we lost.  We dropped the passes that would have won the game.  My point is that this is not the same Tiger team as it was then. As far as this match up goes,  I will say this if WOS shuts out the Tigers I will be very impressed.  The Tigers have to keep the pressure off of Reed and play great defense to give themselves a chance to win.  This will not be a game where the Tigers can simply outscore their opponent and I don't think it will be one where WOS can score just a TD or 2 and expect to win either. I haven't seen the Mustangs defense but have heard how fast they are, with the Tigers speed at key positions it should make for an entertaining game.

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1312873" timestamp="1351401026"]
[quote author=77 link=topic=105336.msg1312831#msg1312831 date=1351395166]
WOS held LCM to zero how many did they score on Silsbee?
[/quote]

They score 37 on Silsbee to answer your question.
[/quote]

37 is actually the most points that LC-M has scored in a game all year, matching their total against winless Lumberton.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder