Nederland vs. Lumberton Predictions

Puma42

It may be over before it starts is true but, I do hope the Lumberton kids can score at least 1 TD even if it is against Nederlands subs. I dont think Nederland will run the score up but, I hope that the subs are in early because injuries seem to always happen when you ask the starters to not play full out.

On a side note I do hope that Lumberton fans will show up for the game. These kids need to see that their community is behind them no matter what happens.

[quote name="ballup" post="1314409" timestamp="1351577354"]
Hope Nederland don't come in counting a victory to early. And let Lumberton come away with it's first win of the season.
[/quote]Nederland can count on a victory!!!! We  WILL run plays that don't make sense, you WILL see players on the sideline that need to be on the field.... All of the fans that are there every single week have seen it over and over and over and over!!!  I expect the same for the last 2 games of this season.  I can't even express how disappointed i am for a group of boys who won a bunch of football games until they were on Varsity (undefeated in middle school and a very good Freshman year)... I am gonna bite my tongue and not say everything that I have wanted to say for a long time...Go out there and fight as hard as you can boys! 

[quote name="Raider42" post="1316005" timestamp="1351782426"]
[quote author=ballup link=topic=105306.msg1314409#msg1314409 date=1351577354]
Hope Nederland don't come in counting a victory to early. And let Lumberton come away with it's first win of the season.
[/quote]Nederland can count on a victory!!!! We  WILL run plays that don't make sense, you WILL see players on the sideline that need to be on the field.... All of the fans that are there every single week have seen it over and over and over and over!!!  I expect the same for the last 2 games of this season.  I can't even express how disappointed i am for a group of boys who won a bunch of football games until they were on Varsity (undefeated in middle school and a very good Freshman year)... I am gonna bite my tongue and not say everything that I have wanted to say for a long time...Go out there and fight as hard as you can boys!
[/quote]

Reason they were so good in 8th grade is that manley was a man among boys back then and that Lumberton has 1 middle school.
Most cities have two.
they werent undefeated freshman year because  the kids caught up with manley and the talent wasnt spread out.

I expect my Dogs to take care of business tonight like they should.  They won't take Lumberton for granted, these guys are focused on the game at hand.  Lumberton is in a bad year, I know, there isn't one team out there that has not gone through the same thing at some point.  It makes for a stronger team to have good years and bad years, Lumberton will have their day of glory again, you can count on that, so hang in there Lumberton fans.  I remember when I was going through school, we couldn't even fill half of the stands....awful time in our football history.

To set the record straight Drew Manley never played QB for the kids who are seniors until this year, our QB was Josh Mason in middle school and as freshman. We absolutely were undefeated in middle school with Mason as QB, however we didn't play CO Wilson due to the hurricane. We were very successful as freshman and our team ha been picked apart since. Lumberton does have one middle school because we are much smaller, as we have a graduating class of 240 this year. I am simply saying that there are some really good athletes on this team that are not being played to their potential and I have a hard time believing that anyone who has seen a game could argue that we have play calling issues.

Guest BigCountry66
I think DogsDline was just say that Manley was bigger than most kids trying to tackle him.  Combined that with decent speed for an 8th grader and he made for an unstoppable RB?  I'm sort of guessing because I thought I remembered Manley playing RB when he was younger. 
I've watched the Raiders a few times this year and I can promise only one thing: If I was the coach, I don't think the results would be any different.  That's not picking on these boys.  They have a little bit of speed, but not much.  They have very little size and the size they do have is on kids that really don't look like they want to play football.  I've been on losing teams and I've been on championship teams and in both cases we had the same coaches.  The only thing that changed for us was the players.  I know that's not what the parents of these kids want to hear, especially the ones that are not getting to play, but I believe it is the hard truth.  As far as play calling, I think the same plays are being called at the Freshman level and they seem to be doing pretty good.  Let me go ahead and break the suspense...Any play you call for Lumberton varsity this year is going to look like a bad idea.  Why?  Because it's probably not going to be successful.  I'm never quick to blame that on the coaches though.  I know as a player I got my butt kicked on many of those 'bad play calls' or just flat screwed it up.  If the coach called the play that you agreed with and it didn't work, you would criticize him for being too predictable.  We always have to find someone to blame.  We never want to blame the kids, do we?  And you don't seem to want to blame all the kids and parents that left you for greener pastures at other schools so you want to just blame the coaches.  I don't agree with that thinking.

Nederland could run dive over the guard left, dive over the guard right all night... and we could let Raider42 call the plays for Lumberton... and the outcome wouldn't change much.  It's not always the X's and O's.  More often than not, it's the Jimmy's and Joe's, that's what country was saying, and I would tend to agree with him.  L-train will be back, they have a solid community and youth program.  I thought after that playoff run where they beat LaMarque, they would turn the corner, but it's tough to build a consistent winner.

[quote name="Raider42" post="1317000" timestamp="1351877608"]
To set the record straight Drew Manley never played QB for the kids who are seniors until this year, our QB was Josh Mason in middle school and as freshman. We absolutely were undefeated in middle school with Mason as QB, however we didn't play CO Wilson due to the hurricane. We were very successful as freshman and our team ha been picked apart since. Lumberton does have one middle school because we are much smaller, as we have a graduating class of 240 this year. I am simply saying that there are some really good athletes on this team that are not being played to their potential and I have a hard time believing that anyone who has seen a game could argue that we have play calling issues.
[/quote]

Lucky for you for CO Wilson was undefeated that year also

I absolutely agree with you brubaker that after beating LaMarque we looked like we were on to something.  The difference is that during those years we had a core group of plays that were going to be run every single game.... then we would have other plays that were added for the opponent of that week.  We only had one week that we scored more that 2 touchdowns and we have yet to run most of the plays that were successful since that week.... that was week 1 of district.  Losing 7 coaches this year has been tougher to deal with than anyone expected. I don't envy the spot Credeur is in.  It will not be any easier next year.  They have no returning ball handlers ...(except Manley) .. Scoring will be tough. I will still be there rooting them on because I'm a Raider!!!

[quote name="C O Wilson Bullpups" post="1317165" timestamp="1351890216"]
[quote author=Raider42 link=topic=105306.msg1317000#msg1317000 date=1351877608]
[/quote]

Lucky for you for CO Wilson was undefeated that year also
[/quote]I knew that... those boys played each other every year in youth football.  It was always a battle and both teams had respect for the other.  I expect Ned to make a big run deep in the playoffs.... They have tons of talent.

Guest BigCountry66
And let me just follow my previous post up with this:
I have the utmost amount of respect for the young men on Lumberton's varsity team and also for the coaches.  There is nothing more difficult than forcing yourself to keep working hard and keeping going at it week after week when you are in the situation they are in.  I was on a team that lost the first 8 games of the season and those monday and tuesday practices took every bit of heart we had.  It's hard to look ahead right now but the struggles that they are going through are going to prepare them for just about any obstacle that they face later in life.  It was decades ago but I remember telling my teammates if we can get through this we can get through anything else in life.  Any many years later, I still feel that way.  Hang in there boys and always keep each other's back.  You are finding out right now who you can count on and who your true friends are.  Good luck and stay healthy!

[quote name="BigCountry66" post="1317196" timestamp="1351892435"]
And let me just follow my previous post up with this:
I have the utmost amount of respect for the young men on Lumberton's varsity team and also for the coaches.  There is nothing more difficult than forcing yourself to keep working hard and keeping going at it week after week when you are in the situation they are in.  I was on a team that lost the first 8 games of the season and those monday and tuesday practices took every bit of heart we had.  It's hard to look ahead right now but the struggles that they are going through are going to prepare them for just about any obstacle that they face later in life.  It was decades ago but I remember telling my teammates if we can get through this we can get through anything else in life.  Any many years later, I still feel that way.  Hang in there boys and always keep each other's back.  You are finding out right now who you can count on and who your true friends are.  Good luck and stay healthy!
[/quote]

+1  8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder