Dayton at Barbers Hill Game Thread/Dayton wins 13-6.

WOSgrad

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1313037" timestamp="1351446599"]
Daytons qb had open receivers all night but would not pull the trigger. Thats why he got yanked towards the end of the first half. Im not going to blame the weather both teams had to play in it. Both defenses played great and dayton pulled it out. Even our kicker who I consider to be one of the best kept shanking punts and giving bh good field position. It was a strange night.
[/quote]I disagree with Dayton having open receivers all night. We need to take what the defense gives us and BH wasn't giving up the long ball. They wanted to keep everything in front of them and make the tackle.  Give the ball to our athletes on slants, reverses, and other underneath stuff and let them make plays. Also on the jet sweep tell the runner to look to get up field more instead of running to the sideline. We run 50yds and gain two. TURN IT UP FIELD!

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1313020" timestamp="1351444591"]
[quote author=Eagle82 link=topic=105294.msg1312973#msg1312973 date=1351439081]
[quote author=Broncofan65 link=topic=105294.msg1312896#msg1312896 date=1351405592]
The Eagles do not have a passing game and their back is just a big back and gains yards due to his size. I did not see any speed from him at all last night. People can believe what they want but I was at the game also and I believe the score would have been much larger in Daytons favor if the wind was not such a issue. Not a excuse. Just a fact and we still won...............I will say their defense is very good and their line did cause havoc all night.
[/quote]

Strongly disagree!!!  I was at the game too and although the wind was a pain in the "a" for everybody, completions were made 50% of the time for Dayton and 75% of the time for BH.  You guys are supposed to have a studly backfield with break away threats.  1. You had less rushing yards. 2. less first downs. 3. more punts. 4.  less passing yards; albeit by 1 yard than BH.    If anything, the wind disrupted your coaches more than it disrupted your passing game.  You guys (as per stats on Chron.com) avg 7.6 pass completions per game and guess what 7 completions this game.  Yes, Dayton won and like I said, congratulations on a hard fought win; but c'mon guys, BH shut down your vaunted offense just as Dayton shut down BH's.  Call it for what it was, a helluva game with a good plan by both coaching staffs and leave it at that.
[/quote]
I agree with you Eagle. If I remember the fleflicker reverse we ran and completed was against the wind. Dayton I believe had a long throw against the wind as well. I was surprised that Dayton didn't go down field more with the wind against their back. Dayton hit a crossing route for big play and never went back to that play or anything down field. Still scratching my head on that play calling by the Broncos. I know some of it had to do with pressure from our D, but you can only asnap to the QB and run left and right so much. That won't get it done in a couple of weeks. Anyways that's my insight for what it's worth. ;D
[/quote]
Hate to admit it but I agree with 82 & TradinUP. I was scratching my head at some of the play calls too. I know the perception of the Bronco offense is this high flying, throw it all over the field type offense, but this year that is not the case. We are predominately a running team. Its' true we have some fast and talented receivers but the fact is we only average about 10 or 12 passes a game and half of those are bubble screens. It's my belief that the Dayton coaching staff is simply going with the stength of the players. Chambers is not a prolific passer. Much better running. He has shown signs of being more than capable of chunkin it though. Crosby game was a good example. BH did a great job shutting us down. I agree that the Broncos are going to have to find a way to move the ball more consistently if they want to make it very far.

Dayton did have receivers open on short routes thats why chambers got pulled. He wasnt pulled because the coaches were making bad play calls. I saw lots of open receivers underneath but chambers either didnt see them or just refused to throw them. Bh played 2 deep safties most of the night chambers was making bad reads but that will get fixed. I would also add that bh and dayton have 2 of the best defenses in setx. Give gage and that bh defense a bye week and they become an even better defense.

A win is a win is a win.. no matter how you look at it...The winning TD  ;D

[IMG]http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s171/feboct/BHDayton2012378_edited-1copy.jpg[/img]

I have to say one more thing. Dayton is 9-0 for the first time in around 12 years. Every game will not be a blowout win. It took a miracle for crosby to come back and beat kp by 1. Does anyone think that if crosby played them again friday it would be that close. Elkins crosby and bh were no jokes. I think the fact dayton has found a way to be undefeated says alot about this team.

Guest Dazed and confused
WOW! great game!  Way to go Dayton  and BH you gave it all you had.  Hope the QB plays next week against SC. and BH fans why  did # 3 not play?

2 very good defenses in this game. Ya'll can say all you want about Denny, but ya'll didn't let that slide last year with Jakari, so expect some responses.

Dayton has some ugly, as well as some dominating wins this year. I'll take a team that knows how to win different ways. BH.... has been threatened twice and failed both times. Hope they respond better in the playoffs. seriously....

I didn't have a dog in this fight really.  I just came to watch two really good team play.  Ok so I did have a dog my nephew was the back up QB and I am origionally from the Hill.  Try not to hold that against me.  Seriously though I was going to see to really good teams compete.  That I did for sure.  Congrats to Dayton on pulling it out.  Now my honest opinion from the outside looking in.  BH beat Dayton Friday night.  But at the end of the game Dayton got the victory.  Two big plays is nothing to write home about agaist the backup QB taking nothing away from Gigout at all.  You plan to play D where you been playing all season then the starter gets hurt and your throw into the fire.  To be honest I though holy cow this might be about to get ugly. But balke sis a great job IMO.  Denny has been the starter since his freshman years.  A lot of experience goes with that speaking the obvious here.  Blake did a great job coming in and filling in for a 3 year starter now.  You Dayton folks can brag all you want you got the W but you did it with 2 fluke plays.  Now had that busted play been just a first down play like it was intended to be the ponies might have actually earned a TD and not have had one of the 2 handed to them.  It was a hard faught game between 2 really good teams just so happens Dayton got the breaks and the W.

[quote name="Eagletown" post="1313233" timestamp="1351464583"]
I didn't have a dog in this fight really.  I just came to watch two really good team play.  Ok so I did have a dog my nephew was the back up QB and I am origionally from the Hill.  Try not to hold that against me.  Seriously though I was going to see to really good teams compete.  That I did for sure.  Congrats to Dayton on pulling it out.  Now my honest opinion from the outside looking in.  BH beat Dayton Friday night.  But at the end of the game Dayton got the victory.  Two big plays is nothing to write home about agaist the backup QB taking nothing away from Gigout at all.  You plan to play D where you been playing all season then the starter gets hurt and your throw into the fire.  To be honest I though holy cow this might be about to get ugly. But balke sis a great job IMO.  Denny has been the starter since his freshman years.  A lot of experience goes with that speaking the obvious here.  Blake did a great job coming in and filling in for a 3 year starter now.  You Dayton folks can brag all you want you got the W but you did it with 2 fluke plays.  Now had that busted play been just a first down play like it was intended to be the ponies might have actually earned a TD and not have had one of the 2 handed to them.  It was a hard faught game between 2 really good teams just so happens Dayton got the breaks and the W.
[/quote]bh beat dayton. Did I miss something. Honestly your oponion is ignorant. A kickoff return for a td is not a fluke play. Now dayton muffing the xtra point that was a fluke. The way I see it the score should of been 7-6 and dayton wouldnt have needed that last td.

[quote name="Eagletown" post="1313233" timestamp="1351464583"]
[/quote] It was an ugly game for sure BH had a great defense wasn't overly impressed with there one-demensional O-fense didn't like the QB going down but the back up did a great job. Honestly that type of offense looked like you could of plugged in a cheerleader for QB and got the same results. I would put O'Neal in as QB let him run it down everyone's  throat. Good luck in the play-offs your coach has built a very solid program. I know Smoken baby and BHfan need a fresh batch of crying towels! ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1313238" timestamp="1351465381"]
[quote author=Eagletown link=topic=105294.msg1313233#msg1313233 date=1351464583]
[/quote]bh beat dayton. Did I miss something. Honestly your oponion is ignorant. A kickoff return for a td is not a fluke play. Now dayton muffing the xtra point that was a fluke. The way I see it the score should of been 7-6 and dayton wouldnt have needed that last td.
[/quote]  that kickoff return sure wasnt a "fluke". even i know that was a ignorant statement. And IF the tables would have been turned.. BH would have done the same thing on that last TD.. Well maybe  ::)

Guest RecknBall36
I tried to get word to O'Neal at the half that there was a 20oz ribeye in the end zone. The boy will Debo you for some food. Dayton's D put it on him! The boy is still sore. You think we can get another bye before playing SC, please!?!

[quote name="RecknBall36" post="1313329" timestamp="1351470978"]
I tried to get word to O'Neal at the half that there was a 20oz ribeye in the end zone. The boy will Debo you for some food. Dayton's D put it on him! The boy is still sore. You think we can get another bye before playing SC, please!?!
[/quote]LOL sorry he is sore.. I think BH will give SC a run for the win just like they did Dayton. I plan on coming to this game next week...Gonna be exciting to watch.

[quote name="dayton" post="1313167" timestamp="1351460020"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=105294.msg1313105#msg1313105 date=1351455930]
A win is a win is a win.. no matter how you look at it...The winning TD  ;D

[/quote]

sweet picture there!!!! Chambers is looking straight at you like, "Here I come!!!"
[/quote] Thank You.. It is one of those photos when you get them on the computer and go YES! cause it turned out so good.

[quote name="Eagle82" post="1312973" timestamp="1351439081"]
[quote author=Broncofan65 link=topic=105294.msg1312896#msg1312896 date=1351405592]
The Eagles do not have a passing game and their back is just a big back and gains yards due to his size. I did not see any speed from him at all last night. People can believe what they want but I was at the game also and I believe the score would have been much larger in Daytons favor if the wind was not such a issue. Not a excuse. Just a fact and we still won...............I will say their defense is very good and their line did cause havoc all night.
[/quote]

Strongly disagree!!!  I was at the game too and although the wind was a pain in the "a" for everybody, completions were made 50% of the time for Dayton and 75% of the time for BH.  You guys are supposed to have a studly backfield with break away threats.  1. You had less rushing yards. 2. less first downs. 3. more punts. 4.  less passing yards; albeit by 1 yard than BH.    If anything, the wind disrupted your coaches more than it disrupted your passing game.  You guys (as per stats on Chron.com) avg 7.6 pass completions per game and guess what 7 completions this game.  Yes, Dayton won and like I said, congratulations on a hard fought win; but c'mon guys, BH shut down your vaunted offense just as Dayton shut down BH's.  Call it for what it was, a helluva game with a good plan by both coaching staffs and leave it at that.
[/quote]
ALL THAT BEING SAID................TAKE THAT ARSE WHOOPIN AND LIKE IT  ;) DAYTON DID WHAT WE DO......PLAY DOWN TO WEAKER COMPETION AND COME OUT WITH DA W  ; ;) GOOD LUCK WITH SC NEXT WEEK..........OH NEVER MIND 1. WE DONT HAVE OUR STARTING QB 2. WE DIDNT BLITZ ENOUGH 3. IF IT WASNT FOR THE "BIG PLAY" WE HUNG TOUGH 4. IT WAS THE RIGHT CALL ON D "EVEN THOUGH IT COSTED US THE GAME" 5. OUR STEPPER SQUAD DIDNT BRING THEIR LEGGINS  6. THE BAND STATE TUBA PLAYER STUBBED HIS TOE DURING CHESS PRACTICE  7. OUR 1ST CLASS COACHING STAFF LOST THEIR COPY OF HIGH SCHOOL COACHING FOR DUMMIES  8. ANYTHING ELSE I MISSED THAT ANY BH WORM CAN COME UP WITH............... ;D ;D ;D ;D (AS HE STIRS THE POT)

[quote name="RecknBall36" post="1313329" timestamp="1351470978"]
[/quote]

#36 WAS A BEAST..................IF BH COULD MAKE ANYONE RESPECT THE PASSING GAME HE WOULD DOUBLE HIS YARDS..........SURE WOULD LOOK GOOD IN PURPLE N WHITE  ;)

Guest RecknBall36
[quote name="Broncofan65" post="1313368" timestamp="1351475001"]
#36 does not have the speed the Broncos want in a running back position. JMO.......TO ADD TO THE TEAM FOR SIZE. SURE, WHY NOT.
[/quote]

I'd like to see him back at LB. He is better there IMO...but I
am speaking selfishly. That's not necessarily what's best for BH.

[quote name="RecknBall36" post="1313376" timestamp="1351475968"]
[quote author=Broncofan65 link=topic=105294.msg1313368#msg1313368 date=1351475001]
#36 does not have the speed the Broncos want in a running back position. JMO.......TO ADD TO THE TEAM FOR SIZE. SURE, WHY NOT.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yea #36 was pretty good when I saw him. Is he a senior ? Any schools looking at him?

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="1313351" timestamp="1351473484"]
[quote author=Eagle82 link=topic=105294.msg1312973#msg1312973 date=1351439081]
[/quote]

[/quote]
ALL THAT BEING SAID................TAKE THAT ARSE WHOOPIN AND LIKE IT  ;) DAYTON DID WHAT WE DO......PLAY DOWN TO WEAKER COMPETION AND COME OUT WITH DA W  ; ;) GOOD LUCK WITH SC NEXT WEEK..........OH NEVER MIND 1. WE DONT HAVE OUR STARTING QB 2. WE DIDNT BLITZ ENOUGH 3. IF IT WASNT FOR THE "BIG PLAY" WE HUNG TOUGH 4. IT WAS THE RIGHT CALL ON D "EVEN THOUGH IT COSTED US THE GAME" 5. OUR STEPPER SQUAD DIDNT BRING THEIR LEGGINS  6. THE BAND STATE TUBA PLAYER STUBBED HIS TOE DURING CHESS PRACTICE  7. OUR 1ST CLASS COACHING STAFF LOST THEIR COPY OF HIGH SCHOOL COACHING FOR DUMMIES  8. ANYTHING ELSE I MISSED THAT ANY BH WORM CAN COME UP WITH............... ;D ;D ;D ;D (AS HE STIRS THE POT)
[/quote]
Stupid posts like that and everybody is gonna start calling you the Smokin Baby of Dayton if they don't already!

DAYTON DID WHAT WE DO......PLAY DOWN TO WEAKER COMPETION AND COME OUT WITH DA W  ; ;) GOOD LUCK WITH SC NEXT WEEK..........

I'm sure the Dayton Coaching Staff loves fans like you. Coming out in public Forums and making statements like that.  Sure hope your just a fan and not the dad of one of the Broncos.

Guest RecknBall36
[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1313391" timestamp="1351477361"]
[quote author=RecknBall36 link=topic=105294.msg1313376#msg1313376 date=1351475968]
[quote author=Broncofan65 link=topic=105294.msg1313368#msg1313368 date=1351475001]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yea #36 was pretty good when I saw him. Is he a senior ? Any schools looking at him?
[/quote]

He is a junior. He hasn't recieved any letters of interest yet. I heard there was a scout at practice looking at Dolan who asked about him, but I don't know if there is truth to that. I just don't think he will get to the next level as a FB.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin