Huffman at Shepherd Game Thread/41-36 Shepherd wins!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="17HHS92" post="1311709" timestamp="1351314282"]
Townley was out in The 2nd,5defensive starters didnt play,as well as two on offense.Congrates Shepard  kids played hard.
[/quote]

Why was Huffman missing so many players ? I don't recall any injuries from the coldspring game. And congrats  to Shepard !!

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1312166" timestamp="1351357943"]
[quote author=CMurder75 link=topic=105288.msg1312140#msg1312140 date=1351357345]
[quote author=Cowboys1981 link=topic=105288.msg1312054#msg1312054 date=1351354651]
Townely out for the year broken ankle.
[/quote]
that's awful! i wish him a speedy recovery. is he a senior?
[/quote]

Yep he's a SR.
[/quote]
Any hope he can play at the next level? He's a talented player, hate to see a career end on an injury.
The Shepherd QB finished the game with 6 TD's. 1 pass, 1 KO return, 4 Rushing, and also the game winning interception.

[quote name="bambam33" post="1311466" timestamp="1351308519"]
Congrats to Sheperd. Sounded like a gr8 game. Sheperd has a legitimate shot if they handle Cleveland. WOW!
[/quote]If the records are right on this site all they need is to beat liberty next week and they are in.  Sheperd holds the head to head tie breaker over Huffman.

Huffman +10 (possible 15)
Shepherd +5 (possible 15)
Cleveland -15 (possible 15)

If Shepherd beats Liberty and Cleveland they go to the playoffs.
If Shepherd beats Liberty and loses to Cleveland by 10+ points Cleveland goes to playoffs.
Huffman beats Tarkington and Splendora, Huffman goes to the playoffs.
Huffman, Cleveland, and Shepherd all control their own destiny for two playoff spots.

[quote name="imonlyoneman" post="1312250" timestamp="1351361657"]
Huffman +10 (possible 15)
Shepherd +5 (possible 15)
Cleveland -15 (possible 15)

If Shepherd beats Liberty and Cleveland they go to the playoffs.
If Shepherd beats Liberty and loses to Cleveland by 10+ points Cleveland goes to playoffs.
Huffman beats Tarkington and Splendora, Huffman goes to the playoffs.
Huffman, Cleveland, and Shepherd all control their own destiny for two playoff spots.
[/quote]
Would be a huge thing in Shepherd to make the playoffs in what seems like forever.
A little more bragging on the QB, because i feel his play making abilities are overlooked, He has 30 total TD's this year compared to only 8 INT's. 18 of those against District foes while only have thrown 3 INT'S in district.

I started calling Shepherd to upset some people early, after Coldspring played them. And just what I said, everyone under estimates QB Everitt in the open field. I must be a genius or maybe I know something about football. The only game I didn't call on the site was this one, but I did under my breath. Congrates Shepherd!!!!! Instead of worrying about Coldspring, Cleveland better worry about Shepherd. Boy does it matter when kids believe in a coach.

I hate that Townleys Sr year ends this way but if I am correct he has yet to finish a season in football without an injury. With him out and 3 other players having to have surgery looks like this is a done season for us. Even if we were to luck into the playoffs it will be an easy 1st round exit.
So let’s ask the tough question what coach bases his offense on the passing game and not have some type of backup QB costing him dearly not just 1 season but 2, especially when you have a good qb that is injury prone any way. Then you have a great running back like grey that even when you use him as such you running plays consist of 3 plays then you move him to receiver. Only when your qb goes down every play you run through him because you believe he is your only hope. Then there is special teams I wish someone had stats on how many games we gave up points on special teams, when Mac started out as a special teams coach this is an area when should excel at. I was also told a story at Fridays game that when Mac first came to Huffman he stated he hated coaching hs football but if you were going to coach in Texas it was something you have to do. Sounds to me Time for a coach with more passion for the game I feel his success up to this point has been based on the talent of the Kids and not his coaching ability.
Time for a change.....

Time for change really?????? If you have spent any time with Mac you would realize that statement about passion for the game is absurd. Question play calls, personnel, not passion! Its easy from where you and I sit to call the perfect game. I question ALL the time why we are not up under center in short yard situations. Anyways, MAC runs a great program and has passion for the game and them boys!

[quote name="mwm4795" post="1312932" timestamp="1351433681"]
I hate that Townleys Sr year ends this way but if I am correct he has yet to finish a season in football without an injury. With him out and 3 other players having to have surgery looks like this is a done season for us. Even if we were to luck into the playoffs it will be an easy 1st round exit.
So let’s ask the tough question what coach bases his offense on the passing game and not have some type of backup QB costing him dearly not just 1 season but 2, especially when you have a good qb that is injury prone any way. Then you have a great running back like grey that even when you use him as such you running plays consist of 3 plays then you move him to receiver. Only when your qb goes down every play you run through him because you believe he is your only hope. Then there is special teams I wish someone had stats on how many games we gave up points on special teams, when Mac started out as a special teams coach this is an area when should excel at. I was also told a story at Fridays game that when Mac first came to Huffman he stated he hated coaching hs football but if you were going to coach in Texas it was something you have to do. Sounds to me Time for a coach with more passion for the game I feel his success up to this point has been based on the talent of the Kids and not his coaching ability.
Time for a change.....
[/quote]

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.  You are asking to get rid of one of the most successful coaches in the schools history.  He has taking them to playoffs 4 years straight.  Taking them into the 2nd round 2 years straight.  Name another coach who has done that at Huffman.  I can answer it for you, NONE.  Also, I would love to know who said he does not like football, because I am pretty sure that is something you have made up in order to get controversy started.  Speaking of QB's, you do know the back-up QB was hurt at Cleveland, so they actually had their 3rd string QB in to finish the game.  With all the injuries they have had this year, they probably will have a 1st round exit, but I promise you it is not because of coaching.  Some times you get hit with the injury bug and have to make the best of the situation.

then you are happy with just a second round?you limit yourself to just 3 running playsand not adjust to your talent then that is lack of coaching and not the players and special teams backup qb u r selling us short with coldsprings team mac couldnt have taken them past second round

[quote name="mwm4795" post="1313001" timestamp="1351441914"]
Let me answer your questin with a question. Do you believe that coldsprings having 1/2 the enrolment makes it as far as they do on ability alone or is coaching a big part of there record?
[/quote]
I don't have a dog in the hunt, but as good a coach as Barbay is, CS is good because the boys are faster and bigger than anyone else in 22-3A, no matter their enrollments. Barbay brings strong discipline & consistency that enables the players to showcase their strengths. Good luck to Huffman, Cleveland & Shepherd in their last 2 games.

Huffman has good talent. They dont have the talent pool that CS, Navasota, Lamarque, etc............ all of the big boys. Who gives a %HT how many kids go to what school. You are dealt the talent pool at the high school and you work with it. MAC deserves credit for getting HHS to playoffs 4 years standing and winning against a talented Silsbee two years in a row.

Good luck to MAC and Huffman the rest of the season. It a shame get to the second round back to back years, have a 11-3 season back to back years, and certain folk want you ousted!  :o

Also, rooting for them CS boys. Fun to watch!

First Mac is not going anywhere promise unless he leaves on his own. Bama you sucking up bc you have a younger kid coming up? Get a plunger out to get your head out of his backside. It is what it is. CS was that not good until barbay got there or had not been for a while. Huffman benefitted from Townley coming in from BH.  Guys thus is the weakest or one of them in the state. Why does Huffman play non district schools like worthing and kashmers? Man up like CS and play good teams which will help your team later.

[quote name="beechnut" post="1313081" timestamp="1351452173"]
First Mac is not going anywhere promise unless he leaves on his own. Most political coach ever seen. Second CS got much better when their coach barbay got there. [b]Plus Huffman plays in the weakest district in the state so really?[/b] Why don't Huffman man up and play better teams in non district? CS does instead if the worthings and kashmers of the world? Rfhrpa
[/quote]
Where can I find the district rankings for 3A? 
I wouldn't say that our district is a powerhouse, but I seriously doubt it is the weakest.  Probably pretty comparable to all the others.  Just because Coldspring and Huffman have walked through district so easily the last few years doesn't mean that the district is the worst.
Also, Coldspring only played such a tough predistrict schedule this year because they couldn't find anyone else that would play them.  The last two years everyone on this forum has accused Coldspring of playing too easy of a predistrict schedule.  You play who you can find to schedule that will give you good practice and hopefully is not 2 or 3 hours away.  Sometimes they are good, sometimes they are not so good.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86