HAMSHIRE-FANNETT AT SILSBEE BROADCAST/SILSBEE WINS 49-18!!

WOSgrad

Just a few quick stats:

1    2    3    4    T
Silsbee  14  0  21  14  49
H-F        6    6    0    6  18

Silsbee                                  H-F
Passing
P. Reed  9-12-173-1-2            D. Smith  11-23-173-1-1
K. Scott  0-1 -  0  -0-1            K. King      1-1-6
Rushing
F. Spearman 10-109 4TD        J. Brown  22-127 2TD Fum
P. Reed          8-46                D. Smith  15-45
Z. Jackson      4-54 TD          T. Appling  1-(4)
Y. Brydson    4-8                  Riley        1-(2)
C. Elam        2-77 TD
J. Holmes      2-25
K. Scott        3-17
    34-333 9.79 ypr              42-165 3.93 ypr
Recieving
Z. Jackson    3-34                Riley        4-33
C. Elam        2-67 TD            T. Appling 3-55 TD
M. Garcia      2-47                  C. Burrell 3-52
J. Holmes      1-25                  M. McCall 2-39

20  First Down    16
                      13  Rushing        8
                      7    Passing        8
                      0    Penalty          0
            4-7 57.1%  3rd Down  4-15 26.7%
            0-3  0%    4th Down  5-7  71.4%
                  0        Punt          4 27.5 Avg.
                            PAT
                  7-7    1 Point      0-3
                  0-0    2 Point      0-0
                      3    Turn Over    4
                      0    Fumble        1
                      3    INT              1
                      0    TOD              2
                  4-30    Penalties    3-15
                21:35    TOP          26:25

C. LeBlanc      INT          Riley
                                            Appling
                                            Burrell 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BuckBuck" post="1311636" timestamp="1351312025"]
I don't see in the play by play where the "inadvertent whistle"  kept the Horns from completing a touchdown run in the open field.  Or where the Horns actually covered a fumble in the end zone, but had it called a Tiger touchdown.  It was a game changing screw up by the officials in my opinion!  The Horns came out and played a hard fought game.  It is very disheartening to work so hard and have the officials make such a difference.  Hang in there Horns!d
[/quote]
Yes, I agree with you. I was told it should have been 20 to 7 at the half hf leading. Heard the down marker officials  told HF fans that it was a fumble at the goal line by Silsbee. and of coarse the inadvertent whistle that took away HF pick 6. Could have been a different game. Silsbee is good, but not as good  as I thought, and definitely not as good as some of the predictions I saw. They should finish second. 

[quote name="jenks" post="1311725" timestamp="1351315291"]
[quote author=BuckBuck link=topic=105273.msg1311636#msg1311636 date=1351312025]
I don't see in the play by play where the "inadvertent whistle"  kept the Horns from completing a touchdown run in the open field.  Or where the Horns actually covered a fumble in the end zone, but had it called a Tiger touchdown.  It was a game changing screw up by the officials in my opinion!  The Horns came out and played a hard fought game.  It is very disheartening to work so hard and have the officials make such a difference.  Hang in there Horns!d
[/quote]
Yes, I agree with you. I was told it should have been 20 to 7 at the half hf leading. Heard the down marker officials  told HF fans that it was a fumble at the goal line by Silsbee. and of coarse the inadvertent whistle that took away HF pick 6. Could have been a different game. Silsbee is good, but not as good  as I thought, and definitely not as good as some of the predictions I saw. They should finish second.
[/quote]

You had to much of that Kool-Aid!!!

[quote name="STiger85" post="1311745" timestamp="1351316381"]
[quote author=jenks link=topic=105273.msg1311725#msg1311725 date=1351315291]
[/quote]
[/quote]

You had to much of that Kool-Aid!!!
[/quote]

You are delusional if you think Hamshire-Fannet could win this game under any of the fabrications that you pose.  Face it - you guys don't have it this year.  Just go away and get ready for "Round-ball."

[quote name="jenks" post="1311725" timestamp="1351315291"]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Ok! Silsbee would have blown the doors off HF regardless. HF has a decent team but there was no way they beat Silsbee. Give them 2 more TD's,Silsbee still could have score 2 more in the 4th themselves. Still a blow but HF would have scored 30 Silsbee could have score 60!

Blown calls .  It happend to Silsbee earlier this year. When we intersepted and the run was called back due to the whistle blown. It happens . Its part of the game . Silsbee didnt lose because of it . and WOS didnt lose because of it . We overcame it . And No excuses needed.

If the inadvertent whistle is going to be used as a potential touchdown for HF, let's do not forget about the blown pass interference call 2 plays before that play. HF clearly hit the receiver before the ball arrived which should have set Silsbee up at the HF 10 after the 15 yard penalty. I am quite certain Silsbee scores and the "whistle interception" play never happens.

Speaking of that play, because of the inadvertent whistle, most of Silsbee players stopped and that is why the HF player looked as though he COULD have scored on that play. Nothing for certain that's for sure.

On the Spearman touchdown that some of you HF fans claim was a fumble. Wrong. Spearman broke the plane of the goal line with possession of ball. It was not till after he was into the end zone a yard, falling to the ground when the fumble occurred.

For the poster claiming the score should have been 20-7 HF at haftime, dream on. That is really, really reaching at straws there. The 14-12 halftime score was indicative of how each team played in the first half. Nothing more, nothing less.

The real Silsbee and HF teams showed up in the 2nd half. ;) Silsbee scores TD's on their first 5 possessions in 2nd half while HF gains only 3 first downs in their first 4 possessions. Silsbee out scored HF 35-6 in 2nd half, 21-0 in 3rd.

That was your ballgame.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1312024" timestamp="1351353823"]
If the inadvertent whistle is going to be used as a potential touchdown for HF, let's do not forget about the blown pass interference call 2 plays before that play. HF clearly hit the receiver before the ball arrived which should have set Silsbee up at the HF 10 after the 15 yard penalty. I am quite certain Silsbee scores and the "whistle interception" play never happens.

Speaking of that play, because of the inadvertent whistle, most of Silsbee players stopped and that is why the HF player looked as though he COULD have scored on that play. Nothing for certain that's for sure.

On the Spearman touchdown that some of you HF fans claim was a fumble. Wrong. Spearman broke the plane of the goal line with possession of ball. It was not till after he was into the end zone a yard, falling to the ground when the fumble occurred.

For the poster claiming the score should have been 20-7 HF at haftime, dream on. That is really, really reaching at straws there. The 14-12 halftime score was indicative of how each team played in the first half. Nothing more, nothing less.

The real Silsbee and HF teams showed up in the 2nd half. ;) Silsbee scores TD's on their first 5 possessions in 2nd half while HF gains only 3 first downs in their first 4 possessions. Silsbee out scored HF 35-6 in 2nd half, 21-0 in 3rd.

That was your ballgame.
[/quote]Well at least he wasnt blaming their coaches.  ;D    Yet!    ;D 

;D Thats ok I can relate.  But all kidding aside HF did come out Determined. I cant take that away from HF. Silsbee was working on some new defensive sets. alot more man to man Than normal. They are not yet fully adjusted to these sets yet HF put it to the test . HF QB has an extreamly fast release. He stayed in very composed even under heavy preasure and delivered Hats off to him and the team . Good job HF

[quote name="dawg13" post="1312253" timestamp="1351361892"]
No we or blaming you .lol 8) :o :'( :'( :-X ;)
[/quote]

Well dawg13, I will say this. Based on what I saw last night, I see no reason for HF to be swapping out QB's during the game. IMO, Dante Smith should take every single snap at QB. I see ZERO reason for King to be at QB this season. Next year, yes, but Smith is a senior, more experienced and in my eyes the better QB at this point. It is just too tough to ask a freshmen to be a QB at the varsity level.

I thought Dante played really well last night. Throws the ball with lot's of zip. I was impressed with his running strength as well.

Like I said, just based on what I saw last night, just do not understand why HF has swapped QB's during the season.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1312320" timestamp="1351365754"]
[quote author=dawg13 link=topic=105273.msg1312253#msg1312253 date=1351361892]
No we or blaming you .lol 8) :o :'( :'( :-X ;)
[/quote]

Well dawg13, I will say this. Based on what I saw last night, I see no reason for HF to be swapping out QB's during the game. IMO, Dante Smith should take every single snap at QB. I see ZERO reason for King to be at QB this season. Next year, yes, but Smith is a senior, more experienced and in my eyes the better QB at this point. It is just too tough to ask a freshmen to be a QB at the varsity level.

I thought Dante played really well last night. Throws the ball with lot's of zip. I was impressed with his running strength as well.

Like I said, just based on what I saw last night, just do not understand why HF has swapped QB's during the season.
[/quote]Total agree......freshman are hurting for a QB.  King could have helped that group this year or atleast be used more effectively at another position on varsity.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder