Crosby at Kingwood Park Game Thread/CROSBY WINS 22-21!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="COOG8BRONCO" post="1310360" timestamp="1351270239"]
[quote author=Truth Tella link=topic=105218.msg1310333#msg1310333 date=1351268241]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=105218.msg1310315#msg1310315 date=1351266738]
crosby not making it past 1st round, along with big sis barbie's hill.  ;)
[/quote]Keep on talking Butty ;D
[/quote]You know what I'm saying man, we come off back to back shutouts totaling 73-0 and now we're not even worthy of winning a playoff game. Man, if Dayton looses to BH what are they going to say then?
[/quote]Its not going to happen though, just watch buddy! ;)

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="COOG8BRONCO" post="1310281" timestamp="1351265147"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=105218.msg1310246#msg1310246 date=1351263065]
[quote author=COOG8BRONCO link=topic=105218.msg1310240#msg1310240 date=1351262697]
Can't believe we're getting roughed for playing a close game against a tough district foe with the same record. That was those kids season and they showed up. I'm sure Crosby had a little "we're already in mentality" and didn't give complete respect to the opponent. We save the virtuoso performances for the playoffs like Phillip Beck's 320 on Davis.
[/quote]

That's the equivalent of me calling Waller tough.  KP isn't even a playoff team, and this is in a time when half the teams make it.
[/quote]Look on hudl at Austin Walter highlights on Magnolia West, they suck but are going to the playoffs in 18-4a, struggled with Willis. I keep referring to Willis because they're the only common opponent. We beat them by 50 and y'all beat them by 38 since you like to compare scores, probably should have beat them by 60 though. I think we only have that one loss to Montgomery at GPISD when Leroy Dobbins scored 6 tds on nearly 40 carries as far as the northern districts go.
[/quote]

Like I was saying....  Don't pick on Willis.  You'll have 2 playoff D2 teams from 18-4A to worry about pretty soon.  If your relying on the twins speed, what happens if you play us?  Half of our team is as fast as them. (Some faster)

[quote name="COOG8BRONCO" post="1310360" timestamp="1351270239"]
[quote author=Truth Tella link=topic=105218.msg1310333#msg1310333 date=1351268241]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=105218.msg1310315#msg1310315 date=1351266738]
[/quote]Keep on talking Butty ;D
[/quote]You know what I'm saying man, we come off back to back shutouts totaling 73-0 and now we're not even worthy of winning a playoff game. Man, if Dayton looses to BH what are they going to say then?
[/quote]73-0 against New Caney and King?  Crosby may win the next two games 100-0.  All that fine competition will result in a 1st round loss for Crosby.

[quote name="COOG8BRONCO" post="1310047" timestamp="1351224005"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=105218.msg1309996#msg1309996 date=1351221520]
[quote author=COOG8BRONCO link=topic=105218.msg1309977#msg1309977 date=1351220955]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=105218.msg1309959#msg1309959 date=1351220430]
how in the world did Crosby beat BH? I really dont get it.  :-\
[/quote]You're not giving KP any credit. This was the biggest game of the season for them and they overachieved for one night. KP won the district last year, they don't suck they're just in a district with wolves. They would make the playoffs in 18,20, NF district, and 24. When you pick up the newspaper in the a.m. and look at the stats, if you didn't attend the game you would say Crosby won.
[/quote]
if I looked at the stats ,I would say kp blew a big opportunity .
[/quote][b]No you wouldn't. If so you would've said the same thing about Crosby in the Vidor game last year[/b]. If you came to this one you would see Crosby drove the ball right down the field after the opening kick to the 3 yard line, got a 10 yard penalty then took it to the 1 yard line,  got another 10 then 5 yard penalty and kicked a fg. They said Aston fumbled inside the 20 when his knee was down and they showed it on the replay screen (at least once they did), KP scored. They said our player touched a punt and KP recovered. Replay shows he didn't though. The td they gave KP one their opening drive of the second half the kid fell out of the endzone and was laying on the ground, the nearest ref signaled incomplete but the umpire came running in and overruled for the td. The KP fans all said "augh", then the ref by the play got overruled and they started cheering. I bet Crosby had over 150 yards in penalties, most of which were extremely questionable. KP got 4 timeouts at the end of the game too, the sidejudge from Crosby's side came running on the field with 3 fingers up when KP called a timeout but the referee held up 2 and waved him off. They tried to give them the game but their kicker missed field goals, ours made his.
[/quote]
uh, yes i would and i did. when a team loses by one point having missed 3 field goals, i call that blowing it. ie: not taking advantage of opportunities. and why are so obsessed with vidor. you always seem to bring them into your conversations. you still mad about last year. can't face the fact that vidor was just the better team and trying to console yourself with stats.

well, here is a fact and not a stat.taking advantage of other teams mistakes is the mark of a good ball team. kp is not a good ball team [b](and you yourself predicted a blowout win for crosby[/b]). vidor is a good football team and took advantage of yalls mistakes and rushed for over 300 yrds to the tune of a 42-20 win and the only reason you are talking smack is you know we will not play this year. Good luck against who ever you get and don't disappear after crosby makes an early playoff exit.

[quote name="COOG8BRONCO" post="1310240" timestamp="1351262697"]
Can't believe we're getting roughed for[b] playing a close game against a tough district foe with the same record.[/b] That was those kids season and they showed up. I'm sure Crosby had a little "we're already in mentality" and didn't give complete respect to the opponent. We save the virtuoso performances for the playoffs like Phillip Beck's 320 on Davis.
[/quote]
your prediction was 45-17 crosby and since you almost lost the game, suddenly kp is tough. and you would think crosby would learn to not overlook any one after last year. i think you answered my question from an earlier post finally without even knowing you did.

[quote name="SCDAWGS" post="1310476" timestamp="1351276739"]
Lets keep it real.. Crosby was in trouble last night. If it weren't for the three missed field goals KP more than likely wins the game.
[/quote]Tell em buddy, by the way are you ready to be sporting purple? ;D

[quote name="BellBiz30" post="1310490" timestamp="1351277445"]
[quote author=SCDAWGS link=topic=105218.msg1310476#msg1310476 date=1351276739]
Lets keep it real.. Crosby was in trouble last night. If it weren't for the three missed field goals KP more than likely wins the game.
[/quote]Tell em buddy, by the way are you ready to be sporting purple? ;D
[/quote]
I sport wildcat purple occasionally ;)

[quote name="SCDAWGS" post="1310476" timestamp="1351276739"]
[/quote]

how bout the TD that the refs gave them in the 3rd Quarter?

Or the 4 Timeouts?

Kp's kicker missed 3 fieldgoals, yet 2 of those where handed to KP by crosby punt team. and one was a good interception. I think that kid at 20 is a ball player, he's extremely athletic and had good chemistry with number 4 at times they where throwing to spots and both people where making a play.

The honest truth is nothing could have gone worse for the Cougars in the First half and a win is a win is a win is a win.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1310526" timestamp="1351280624"]
[/quote]

Or the 4 Timeouts?

Kp's kicker missed 3 fieldgoals, yet 2 of those where handed to KP by crosby punt team. and one was a good interception. I think that kid at 20 is a ball player, he's extremely athletic and had good chemistry with number 4 at times they where throwing to spots and both people where making a play.

The honest truth is nothing could have gone worse for the Cougars in the First half and a win is a win is a win is a win.
[/quote]
if you're refering to the pass in the corner of the endzone that was a TD. I will have to agree with you on the time outs lol.....Nice call by the coach to ice kicker at end of game also. Time out was called just in time and the kick was good. However you are correct, a win is a win in the books. I've yet to see a column for ugly wins lol.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1310432" timestamp="1351274490"]
[quote author=COOG8BRONCO link=topic=105218.msg1310047#msg1310047 date=1351224005]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=105218.msg1309996#msg1309996 date=1351221520]
[quote author=COOG8BRONCO link=topic=105218.msg1309977#msg1309977 date=1351220955]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=105218.msg1309959#msg1309959 date=1351220430]
[/quote]You're not giving KP any credit. This was the biggest game of the season for them and they overachieved for one night. KP won the district last year, they don't suck they're just in a district with wolves. They would make the playoffs in 18,20, NF district, and 24. When you pick up the newspaper in the a.m. and look at the stats, if you didn't attend the game you would say Crosby won.
[/quote]
[/quote][b]No you wouldn't. If so you would've said the same thing about Crosby in the Vidor game last year[/b]. If you came to this one you would see Crosby drove the ball right down the field after the opening kick to the 3 yard line, got a 10 yard penalty then took it to the 1 yard line,  got another 10 then 5 yard penalty and kicked a fg. They said Aston fumbled inside the 20 when his knee was down and they showed it on the replay screen (at least once they did), KP scored. They said our player touched a punt and KP recovered. Replay shows he didn't though. The td they gave KP one their opening drive of the second half the kid fell out of the endzone and was laying on the ground, the nearest ref signaled incomplete but the umpire came running in and overruled for the td. The KP fans all said "augh", then the ref by the play got overruled and they started cheering. I bet Crosby had over 150 yards in penalties, most of which were extremely questionable. KP got 4 timeouts at the end of the game too, the sidejudge from Crosby's side came running on the field with 3 fingers up when KP called a timeout but the referee held up 2 and waved him off. They tried to give them the game but their kicker missed field goals, ours made his.
[/quote]
uh, yes i would and i did. when a team loses by one point having missed 3 field goals, i call that blowing it. ie: not taking advantage of opportunities. and why are so obsessed with vidor. you always seem to bring them into your conversations. you still mad about last year. can't face the fact that vidor was just the better team and trying to console yourself with stats.

well, here is a fact and not a stat.taking advantage of other teams mistakes is the mark of a good ball team. kp is not a good ball team [b](and you yourself predicted a blowout win for crosby[/b]). vidor is a good football team and took advantage of yalls mistakes and rushed for over 300 yrds to the tune of a 42-20 win and the only reason you are talking smack is you know we will not play this year. Good luck against who ever you get and don't disappear after crosby makes an early playoff exit.
[/quote]Obsession with Vidor? Please, Vidor fan always jump on our threads because Crosbys is one of the two playoff wins (only two) Vidor has since the Cold War. 3 missed fgs equals 9 pts, Crosby had it on the 1 and 3 yardline but got penalized and ended up with 3 pts from all of that. Missing 14 pts is what I would call a wasted opportunity. And as far a first round playoff exits go, YOU HAVE BEEN OUT OF THE FIRST ROUND ONCE SINCE KENNEDY WAS ASSASSINATED AND WHEN DAYTON OR SUMMER CREEK BOX YOUR FACE IN IN THE FIRST ROUND YOU'LL BE DISAPPEARING . . . . . FROM THE BRACKET THAT IS. My fearless prediction: Vidor get pounded out of the first round by one of 19-4a's top two restarting their 47 year streak, Barbers Hill breaks their 7 year streak of no playoff wins.

[quote name="COOG8BRONCO" post="1310562" timestamp="1351283181"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=105218.msg1310432#msg1310432 date=1351274490]
[quote author=COOG8BRONCO link=topic=105218.msg1310047#msg1310047 date=1351224005]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]Obsession with Vidor? Please, Vidor fan always jump on our threads because Crosbys is one of the two playoff wins (only two) Vidor has since the Cold War. 3 missed fgs equals 9 pts, Crosby had it on the 1 and 3 yardline but got penalized and ended up with 3 pts from all of that. Missing 14 pts is what I would call a wasted opportunity. And as far a first round playoff exits go, YOU HAVE BEEN OUT OF THE FIRST ROUND ONCE SINCE KENNEDY WAS ASSASSINATED AND WHEN DAYTON OR SUMMER CREEK BOX YOUR FACE IN IN THE FIRST ROUND YOU'LL BE DISAPPEARING . . . . . FROM THE BRACKET THAT IS. My fearless prediction: Vidor get pounded out of the first round by one of 19-4a's top two restarting their 47 year streak, [b]Barbers Hill breaks their 7 year streak of no playoff wins[/b].
[/quote]nah, i already got that "covered", that aint happening this year.  ;)

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1310392" timestamp="1351272014"]
[quote author=COOG8BRONCO link=topic=105218.msg1310281#msg1310281 date=1351265147]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=105218.msg1310246#msg1310246 date=1351263065]
[quote author=COOG8BRONCO link=topic=105218.msg1310240#msg1310240 date=1351262697]
Can't believe we're getting roughed for playing a close game against a tough district foe with the same record. That was those kids season and they showed up. I'm sure Crosby had a little "we're already in mentality" and didn't give complete respect to the opponent. We save the virtuoso performances for the playoffs like Phillip Beck's 320 on Davis.
[/quote]

That's the equivalent of me calling Waller tough.  KP isn't even a playoff team, and this is in a time when half the teams make it.
[/quote]Look on hudl at Austin Walter highlights on Magnolia West, they suck but are going to the playoffs in 18-4a, struggled with Willis. I keep referring to Willis because they're the only common opponent. We beat them by 50 and y'all beat them by 38 since you like to compare scores, probably should have beat them by 60 though. I think we only have that one loss to Montgomery at GPISD when Leroy Dobbins scored 6 tds on nearly 40 carries as far as the northern districts go.
[/quote]

Like I was saying....  Don't pick on Willis.  You'll have 2 playoff D2 teams from 18-4A to worry about pretty soon.  If your relying on the twins speed, what happens if you play us?  Half of our team is as fast as them. (Some faster)
[/quote]The twins aren't the fastest kids on the team, two receivers a nd two dbs are faster but that won't matter. Not like we would see Brenham and say "man, they're faster than Dayton and Summer Creek". This district has speed in the boneyard. I bet King has bigger and faster athletes than Brenham, they were right behind SC as far as the all-shorts team went but they also have about 700 more kids than Brenham, just kind of lacking direction. From looking at the recruiting websites King has three players who could play FBS football. Trust me, the cubs speed won't be anything we haven't seen before.

[quote name="SCDAWGS" post="1310549" timestamp="1351281435"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=105218.msg1310526#msg1310526 date=1351280624]
[/quote]

Or the 4 Timeouts?

[/quote]
if you're refering to the pass in the corner of the endzone that was a TD. I will have to agree with you on the time outs lol.....Nice call by the coach to ice kicker at end of game also. Time out was called just in time and the kick was good. However you are correct, a win is a win in the books. I've yet to see a column for ugly wins lol.
[/quote]I would have to say the worst game called that I have ever seen....
I HAVE SEEN THE VIDEO and it was NOT a catch... it hit his hands and popped up by his face mask as he was going out of bounds then regained the catch out of bounds... led to 7 points on 3rd down.
that was not the only missed call.. the punt clearly hits a full yard in front of the receiver and bounces back to a KP defender. . this should have gave the coogs the ball on the 50 yd line... yet gave to KP led to another TD for KP.. Crosby QB fumble in the red zone shows his knee down before the ball comes out....also on the first scoring drive by KP there was a fumble which the refs blew dead... not even close the QB was still going forward and standing when the ball popped out... Coogs recover...

again... not making this up... I have seen the video..

So 21 of 21 of their points were off missed calls by the refs...
Also at half 3 penalty on KP -10 on the coogs ... very one sided...
I would never blame the refs for a loss.. but they were VERY bad....
I am glad the kids had the strength to overcome the adversity last night. good job coogs!!

[quote name="hitman009" post="1310589" timestamp="1351285169"]
[quote author=SCDAWGS link=topic=105218.msg1310549#msg1310549 date=1351281435]
[/quote]

Or the 4 Timeouts?

[/quote]
[/quote]I would have to say the worst game called that I have ever seen....
I HAVE SEEN THE VIDEO and it was NOT a catch... it hit his hands and popped up by his face mask as he was going out of bounds then regained the catch out of bounds... led to 7 points on 3rd down.
that was not the only missed call.. the punt clearly hits a full yard in front of the receiver and bounces back to a KP defender. . this should have gave the coogs the ball on the 50 yd line... yet gave to KP led to another TD for KP.. Crosby QB fumble in the red zone shows his knee down before the ball comes out....also on the first scoring drive by KP there was a fumble which the refs blew dead... not even close the QB was still going forward and standing when the ball popped out... Coogs recover...

again... not making this up... I have seen the video..

So 21 of 21 of their points were off missed calls by the refs...
Also at half 3 penalty on KP -10 on the coogs ... very one sided...
I would never blame the refs for a loss.. but they were VERY bad....
I am glad the kids had the strength to overcome the adversity last night. good job coogs!!
[/quote]THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS SAYING. Not to mention two of those first half penalties Crosby was inside the 5 yard line. The UIL should review the tape.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1310548" timestamp="1351281416"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=105218.msg1310536#msg1310536 date=1351280999]
A win is a win. Also my buddy said that kp played with a different qb. Maybe that helped kp some.
[/quote]

kid was good.
[/quote]

Naw, he wasn't better than QB that couldn't play, Jaylon henderson....KP lost because he didn't play

[quote name="SCDAWGS" post="1310549" timestamp="1351281435"]
[/quote]

Or the 4 Timeouts?

[/quote]
[/quote]
I would have to disagree SC DAWG, I had a great angle on that one. First of all he pushed off, then he was juggling that ball like he was in a 3 ring circus. I thought they had given them an extra TO. K Park's coach should get ran out of Kingwood for that loss. ???

[quote name="COOG8BRONCO" post="1310346" timestamp="1351269435"]
[/quote]Better hope LCM rb can get 250 and 4 tds. Crosby isn't going to look like that often, 118 penalty yards and 3 turnovers. Just like you say "how did they beat BH", you'll say "how did KP hang with these boys?". Kind of just what we are, you just happened to catch us on an off night. Look at the setx statistics, nothing fraud or questionable about it. We've already played Dayton, SC, BH, and Ned and have those stats. KP had 341 total yards just like Dayton did when they played. It's all good though, looking forward to being 7-3 going in as the underdog to a 5-5 LCM.
[/quote]

How do you know yall will beat Humble ? :o

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1310634" timestamp="1351287851"]
[quote author=COOG8BRONCO link=topic=105218.msg1310346#msg1310346 date=1351269435]
[/quote]Better hope LCM rb can get 250 and 4 tds. Crosby isn't going to look like that often, 118 penalty yards and 3 turnovers. Just like you say "how did they beat BH", you'll say "how did KP hang with these boys?". Kind of just what we are, you just happened to catch us on an off night. Look at the setx statistics, nothing fraud or questionable about it. We've already played Dayton, SC, BH, and Ned and have those stats. KP had 341 total yards just like Dayton did when they played. It's all good though, looking forward to being 7-3 going in as the underdog to a 5-5 LCM.
[/quote]

How do you know yall will beat Humble ? :o
[/quote]We play them at home. 8)

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1310630" timestamp="1351287625"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=105218.msg1310548#msg1310548 date=1351281416]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=105218.msg1310536#msg1310536 date=1351280999]
A win is a win. Also my buddy said that kp played with a different qb. Maybe that helped kp some.
[/quote]

kid was good.
[/quote]

Naw, he wasn't better than QB that couldn't play, Jaylon henderson....KP lost because he didn't play
[/quote]I would never say that.. that is a terrible thing to say.. put a loss on a kid... he may have given them a better chance of winning... but that would be a different game. the butterfly effect... different play calling, different results, etc....

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/lake_houston/sports/football-crosby-beats-k-park-to-take-control-of-fourth/article_b337c636-1f6f-11e2-a755-0019bb2963f4.html

[quote name="hitman009" post="1310640" timestamp="1351288188"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=105218.msg1310630#msg1310630 date=1351287625]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=105218.msg1310548#msg1310548 date=1351281416]
[/quote]

kid was good.
[/quote]

[/quote]I would never say that.. that is a terrible thing to say.. put a loss on a kid... he may have given them a better chance of winning... but that would be a different game. the butterfly effect... different play calling, different results, etc....
[/quote]
I personally thought KP's QB did a great job keeping his team in the game. He made plays when needed by either throwing or running. I'm not bashing the Coogs at all, just saying this was a great Thursday night football game. Really could have went either way. Congrats to thee Coogs for leaving Turner Stadium with the win. Its got me pumped for tonight.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder

• Trump walks to the beat of a different drummer so he could very likely pick a person that is on no one’s radar. Going by typical political logic, assuming that a VP pick might bring 0.5%-1% votes, who should it be? A half to one percent is not much but in a potentially razor thin election, a couple of thousand votes in a state could decide the presidency. Biden won AZ by just over 10,000 votes. The most recent Beaumont mayoral election, where almost no one votes, had over 15,000 votes cast. In GA it was 12,000 votes and Biden did not even get 50%. In WI it was 20,000 and again Biden didn’t get to 50%.  There are other states in that area of percent point difference. How important? If any two AZ, GA and WI flip, Trump would have won. So while the VP probably never matters…. can it this time? I think that it could. What then does the VP pick bring to the table? FL and SC were both won by Trump in 2020 so a favored son vote for Rubio or Scott won’t help Trump. Both are in a fairly comfortable position within the conservative community so they will neither hurt nor help with strong conservative voters.  What about the few fence riders that could and likely will determine the election by either sticking with Biden or switching from the last election? What about the people who did not vote in the last election, but may come out to vote in this one just to support the VP candidate? Could Scott sway a percentage point or two from Black support? Could Rubio help draw a percentage point or two of Hispanic support? Possibly on both counts. Like I already mentioned, they won’t help in their own states because Trump already won those in 2020. I personally think that either would actually do a good job as president (although VP picks are about the politics of being elected and not the “best” possible president) and might be the difference in a few votes but a few votes more is all that is needed.  Or…. My outlier, Tulsi Gabbard.  She had some decent support when are ran for the presidency in the Democrat primary. Could some people follow her because they support her and not necessarily the party? I’m sure that’s true for all candidates. Could she bring female support? As a strong mentally and physically person and a member of the military who was deployed into a combat zone into Iraq. Then she went to OCS and became an officer, then deployed to Kuwait. Can that military history, including deployment into a war swing some votes? As of late, she has been on a one person tirade against Biden and the Democrats. Let’s remember that Ronald Reagan was a Democrat and so was Texas governor John Connally. Connally was not only a Democrat governor in Texas but also Secretary of the Navy under JFK. Both ended up switching to the Republican Party so there is a fairly strong history of former Democrats switching parties and being successful, all the way up to the presidency. Gabbard is a pretty fiery campaigner and doesn’t mince her words. She would really be a thorn in the Democrats’ hopes and has the inside knowledge of the party. Could she potentially swing more votes than Scott or Rubio? I think so. But…. I don’t think that Trump would pick her and I’m not sure that she would accept if offered. Her odds of being Trump's pick are at about 1%.  Scott or Rubio at about 10%. Trump being Trump, will choose someone who no one has ever heard of. 
    • So biden's a creepy old pedophile after all...shocker! But that's where the smart votes are landing.
    • You’re quibbling over the word “most”.  I agree that the UK is our most important military ally but we have overwhelming other support from Europe through NATO.   What other support do we have in the Middle East?  What are the “most” important issues? Military strength or intelligence that might head off the need for military action? It’s certainly debatable.  I honestly wouldn’t argue with any points on which if the most critical to our interests. I am sure that people can make valid arguments from different points of view. Military? The UK. Middle East intelligence? Israel.  As far as Israel, SmashMouth said that they “may very well be” the most important. ”May be” is not an adamant statement but a suggestion. They might be… depending on what the discussion is about. Worrying about the word “most” (especially “may be”) seems to be the definition of trivial. 
  • Topics