HF Volleyball

I bet at least ten years.  That is tradition.  Just looking in from outside both HJ and orangefield have new basketball coaches(old ones may have left with dwindling focus on basketball) and probably have as much athletic ability as Silsbee and Bridge City two other strong Volleyball schools.  HF may have seen their best years and now will have to really develop at a higher level to keep up.  HJ coming up has to be a concern for HF since that just adds another athletic team to compete with for a playoff spot.  Back in 2000 when the HF run started both HJ and Orangefield had three sports preseason basketball, basketball and postseason basketball.  Now they are putting emphasis on it and now they are winning.

The coach did not have her key players buy in to playing club ball like in the past, this is where other  coaches teach them the basic and technique of playing volleyball.and then she will get  the finish product.the coach is still playing home town politics.and favorite.u play to win the game.u play to win the game.

[quote name="cowboy fan" post="1316887" timestamp="1351872427"]
The coach did not have her key players buy in to playing club ball like in the past, this is where other  coaches teach them the basic and technique of playing volleyball.and then she will get  the finish product.the coach is still playing home town politics.and favorite.u play to win the game.u play to win the game.
[/quote]

well which is it.... no club players or playing politics?  It always seems like every coach at HF plays politics and the parents run them off... football, basketball... girls and boys, etc....

[quote name="cowboy fan" post="1316887" timestamp="1351872427"]
[/quote]
BUY IN is probably the key word that club stuff is expensive and most kids could save that money and pay for the junior college scholarship that they can earn by playing all that club ball.  Wondering why coach needs a finished product from the club programs to compete?  I thought a HS coaches job was to develop and produce a finished product but oh well if HF VB players need to pay for coaching and skill development at least it is understood by the HF community.  I can see the HF community going crazy on the boys side if the football coach told the parents they need to shell out money to another coach so the could be taught skills.

[quote name="Roper84" post="1327005" timestamp="1352604196"]
You can't play VBall 3 months out of the year and expect to be better than mediocre.
[/quote]

This could be a statement made for all sports, and something that alot of parents don't understand.  Kids that put in the work and others that "pay to play" normally reep the rewards of their time that they spend other than the 3 months of the typical season.

[quote name="Roper84" post="1327005" timestamp="1352604196"]
You can't play VBall 3 months out of the year and expect to be better than mediocre.
[/quote]

I applaud you Roper....HJ and OF have jumped on board....HF has a great program, wish my kid could have been a part of it....It's a fact, play off season or others will leave you behind....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder