3A Soccer!!

Bon_Mot

I know this goes against form since it's not a thread about the SFA women's soccer program, but I just wanted to say YAY UIL. They have finally approved a separate classification for 3A soccer. (It will be called 4A since all of the classifications are bumping up 1 number in their title, but that's too confusing to discuss now...)
Anyway, I know all of the 3A's will enjoy this, and hopefully it will encourage other 3A schools (and maybe a few 2A's) to start up programs.
Also, SETX should have an extremely competetive district with the addition of Lumberton and probably Livingston to the Beaumont schools, Vidor, LCM, Nederland, and PNG.

[quote name="Bon_Mot" post="1307994" timestamp="1351009468"]
I know this goes against form since it's not a thread about the SFA women's soccer program.
[/quote]

Why you hating on SFA.... the girls that are playing collegiate soccer all started some where else... maybe it will inspire the younger 3A 4A 5A or 2A players to strive for something and achieve when they can see a contemporary player achieve some success. ms prince  is arguably one of the best female players to come out of Beaumont to date with many more on the horizon( I have spent several hours at the Quinn Indoor and have witnessed some very talented kids). I know it inspired Zuri to see older players like Neresa Taylor and Lori Tebeaux (sp) ( no kin to Tim)  go on to play in college.

I will say it is quite a bummer that most of the current post are authored by me and do involve SFA but we do have a lengthy history with soccer in the Golden Triangle over the past decade and a half and I guess  I am one of the few people in the neighborhood who has something  to say about soccer right now ..  you could have left the SFA comment off your otherwise quality post and with that said keep the Haterade in the bottle!

ps. You only have to deal with SFA post for two more years after this season because she is a sophmore.. but then you may have to get use to WPL post cause Houston South Select was dieing for her to play this past summer and who knows  there maybe WPL Elite posts after that.  ;D

[quote name="bullets13" post="1308757" timestamp="1351104574"]
soccer forum is fairly dead these days, Bon.  I hope all is well for you!
[/quote]

AMEN Bullets!  I hope your friend Bon is really a cool cat... but it seems we get under each others skin.

I came on here to be entertained on a somewhat slow boring day and the first thing I get is this cat dogging me personally or SFA.

Settle down! It's just a joke - not trying to get personal. And I can almost gurantee you that most people probably chuckled a bit at that line, and honestly, it IS the truth. A post about UIL soccer is against form.

Bullets, I'm doing well. Ready to crank the season up. We only lost 3 seniors from last year's team that went three rounds deep, and one of our returners was the leading scorer in 5A in San Antonio last year.

One decision that stinks from this past legislative session is the reduction in total games for all team sports (except, of course, football).
Soccer's game limit is 15 games & 3 tournaments, 17 games & 2 tournaments, 19 games and & 1 tournament, or 21 total games. The UIL has reduced all of that by 1 tournament or 2 games, so it will soon be 15 & 2, 17 & 1, or 19 total.
This really stinks for us since our ISD is about to get a tenth school in 5A, which means 18 district games... which means NO tournament!  >:(
I understand the reason behind the decision, though. It's to appease people like smitty (from the football and politics boards) who are shouting for schools to cut spending for athletics.

[quote name="Bon_Mot" post="1309308" timestamp="1351179774"]
Settle down! It's just a joke - not trying to get personal. And I can almost gurantee you that most people probably chuckled a bit at that line, and honestly, it IS the truth. A post about UIL soccer is against form.

Bullets, I'm doing well. Ready to crank the season up. We only lost 3 seniors from last year's team that went three rounds deep, and one of our returners was the leading scorer in 5A in San Antonio last year.
[/quote]

Ok I am sorry... You are right any post other than SFA post are abnormal at this time..  You have any female talent to send SFA's way we are loosing 5 contributing Seniors...one played in the Olympics for South Africa. We need a distributing (ala point guard) center midfielder, two outside mids and one center back and one outside back... premier or solid div 1 experienced preferred.
thanks for your help!

• 5 weeks later...
[quote name="rip2506" post="1312482" timestamp="1351374334"]
[quote author=Bon_Mot link=topic=105122.msg1309308#msg1309308 date=1351179774]

[/quote]

Ok I am sorry... You are right any post other than SFA post are abnormal at this time..  You have any female talent to send SFA's way we are loosing 5 contributing Seniors...one played in the Olympics for South Africa. We need a distributing (ala point guard) center midfielder, two outside mids and one center back and one outside back... premier or solid div 1 experienced preferred.
thanks for your help!
[/quote]

Rip, i really enjoy keeping up with Zuri, so I hope you continue to post all the SFA info.... She is a fine athlete and more important a fine young lady!  My daughter had the opportunity to play with her and against her this past summer at the elite camp.  Keep the posts coming and congratulations on your daughters accomplishments!

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="Gladtobehere" post="1342610" timestamp="1353903167"]
[quote author=rip2506 link=topic=105122.msg1312482#msg1312482 date=1351374334]
[quote author=Bon_Mot link=topic=105122.msg1309308#msg1309308 date=1351179774]

[/quote]

thanks for your help!
[/quote]

Rip, i really enjoy keeping up with Zuri, so I hope you continue to post all the SFA info.... She is a fine athlete and more important a fine young lady!  My daughter had the opportunity to play with her and against her this past summer at the elite camp.  Keep the posts coming and congratulations on your daughters accomplishments!
[/quote]

Thanks for the compliments and it is good to be here!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    julianhudges
    Newest Member
    julianhudges