Will Silsbee girls basketball ever get back on track?

BADSANTA

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1306865" timestamp="1350913919"]
Will they ever become a contender to win district and make long runs in then playoff and to state like the 90's?
[/quote]

Since "ever" is a long time, I say yes.

Now if you are talking in the immediate future, well then my answer would probably be different. ;)

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1306865" timestamp="1350913919"]
Will they ever become a contender to win district and make long runs in then playoff and to state like the 90's?
[/quote]
The problem I've seen with Silsbee and this is from the outside looking in, is the interest in girls basketball is not there.  Silsbee has some of the best female athletes in the district, but they don't play basketball.  Look at volleyball, softball and especially track, if some of those girls would play basketball then they would be in the hunt for the district championship every year.

[quote name="Cat22" post="1307362" timestamp="1350939645"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=105043.msg1306865#msg1306865 date=1350913919]
[/quote]
The problem I've seen with Silsbee and this is from the outside looking in, is the interest in girls basketball is not there. [b] Silsbee has some of the best female athletes in the district, but they don't play basketball.  Look at volleyball, softball and especially track, if some of those girls would play basketball then they would be in the hunt for the district championship every year.[/b]
[/quote]

;) :-X :-X :-X :-X

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1309403" timestamp="1351185400"]
Does Silsbee have a Little Dribblers program? I know they used too but heard they don't anymore.
[/quote]
THAT is the key...or get a couple of superstar move-ins.  You can have all the great athletes you want, but that doesnt mean much if they have not honed their BB skills for several years.  Not having a strong youth program puts you way behind and that just perpetuates itself.

[quote name="HillGuy" post="1309430" timestamp="1351186904"]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=105043.msg1309403#msg1309403 date=1351185400]
Does Silsbee have a Little Dribblers program? I know they used too but heard they don't anymore.
[/quote]
THAT is the key...or get a couple of superstar move-ins.  You can have all the great athletes you want, but that doesnt mean much if they have not honed their BB skills for several years.  Not having a strong youth program puts you way behind and that just perpetuates itself.
[/quote]

Could not agree more.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    napeba
    Newest Member
    napeba