Dont Worry PNG Fans...

[quote name="prepballfan" post="1305552" timestamp="1350744291"]
Doubt our fans if you want but you know you will never add up I was at the semi-final game for Nederland back in the early 2000's and your fans wasnt close to what a PNG game would have been at the deepest playoff game you have played in since way back when. It so easy to pick when your team is up and ours is down. Tides do turn when its your turn to be down then we can talk. Our kids gave it all they had Its funny what I learned last night bout Nederland. I dont no if you will win past round 1 after your showing last night. 37-12 by a top ranked team Central scored 56 last week. I have seen Summer Creek and Dayton enjoy this now but if you dont get your ducks in a row you will never see round 2. [i][b]I expected more from Nederland than what was there last night.[/b][/i][/quote]

Well I'll be - here's another one.  Dumb pbfan post, I mean.  Let's try to get back to reality here.  There is no way you expected (or wanted) more from Nederland!  What you expected was in some miraculous way PN-G would beat Nederland.  Of course it didn't happen and all you can do post-game is hurl insults at Nederland.  Look, twinkie - Nederland did not have to score 56 points to beat PN-G.  All they needed was 13; they scored 35 because the clock ran full time.  Give it a rest, twinkie. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but the home side of NDN stadium holds aorund 6,000 and the visitor side holds around 4,000, somebody correct me if I am wrong here. So if you take the people left in the pic on the home side and move them to the visitor side it would look ALOT fuller. Also, people who don't know the traffic issues at this game really need to get a clue. We are losing pretty good at this point, so alot of people who come for the band leave early to beat the traffic. If the game was closer, no one would leave, I promise. And BTW, PNG band IMHO dominated half time, just saying for who ever made that comment. Although I think Nederland's military style band did a GREAT job!  ;D

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1305500" timestamp="1350739433"]
difference between yall's side and nederland's side is Nederland doesn't claim to be the "greatest fan base in all of texas." Ned doesn't go around "tooting there own horn" with words like tradition and honor and such. Typical that when yall get caught with half empty stands you have to point the finger at the other side and say "well they aren't any better than us."

Nice.  8)
[/quote]

Great post.  I couldn't have put it any better.

The only reason this even gets brought up is because a vocal contingent of the PNG faithful beat the drum about supporting their team come thick or thin and boast about decades old attendance records.  Every team has frontrunning, fair weather fans and PNG is no different.  Most fan bases will acknowledge that, but some on that side of Mid County believe they are above that happening at their school.

Dear png, could you please do something about the aisles on your visitor's side that lead to nowhere? I had reserved seats in section J, row 20, seats 26-29. They were aisle seats, but the aisle dead ended into the entrance/exit stairwell rail. The concession stand was below us and should a fire break out, Heaven forbid, there would be no quick escape unless you climb over railings or jump. This could be easily remedied by cutting back the front rail from the entrance stairwell and installing rails up both sides for about four rows.

Thank you, signed......an avid football fan who hates to ask people to excuse them from their seats so I can get by all the way down the row.

[quote name="baddog" post="1305680" timestamp="1350755861"]
Dear png, could you please do something about the aisles on your visitor's side that lead to nowhere? I had reserved seats in section J, row 20, seats 26-29. They were aisle seats, but the aisle dead ended into the entrance/exit stairwell rail. The concession stand was below us and should a fire break out, Heaven forbid, there would be no quick escape unless you climb over railings or jump. This could be easily remedied by cutting back the front rail from the entrance stairwell and installing rails up both sides for about four rows.

Thank you, signed......an avid football fan who hates to ask people to excuse them from their seats so I can get by all the way down the row.
[/quote]

The sharpie numbered rows and seats lol

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="1305620" timestamp="1350750288"]
[quote author=Gtj007 link=topic=104946.msg1305593#msg1305593 date=1350747918]
That picture was at least 30 minuets before kickoff.  Notice all of the general admission seats already filled.  I bet if PNG didn't have 2A sized visitor stands, Nederland would have filled them whatever size there were!
[/quote]PN-G visitor side is LARGER than Nederlands.
[/quote]
I'm sorry but there is no way PNG's visitor side is bigger than Nederland's visitor side. Nederland's is just slightly smaller than their home side

[quote name="BigRed42" post="1305482" timestamp="1350737770"]
[b]This was taken 45 minutes before kickoff[/b]. I got to my seat at 6:40 and the PNG band was walking around the track like they are doing in this photo. Plus, the teams are still on the field. When Nederland headed for the locker room there was still 25-30 minutes left before game time. Right after that they showed that video the student body and faculty made. That was pretty impressive! 8)
[/quote]

No it was not. The time on this picture on Facebook is 7:01 and I was in the PN-G band for four years. We never went in 45 minutes before kickoff.

[quote author=Mr. Happy link=topic=104946.msg1305663#msg1305663 date=1350753568]
Most fan bases will acknowledge that, but some on that side of Mid County believe they are above that happening at their school.
[/quote]

Oh, really? Point to the 'some' here. Find me one PN-G fan on this site who has not acknowledged that we have fairweather fans.

While you're searching for the fountain of youth, here are a few gems:

[quote author=PNG Proud link=topic=104946.msg1305387#msg1305387 date=1350708793]
Were you surprised?  Not me.  I've complained about the "mass exodus" for decades.
[/quote]

[quote author=Cheermom4 link=topic=104664.msg1300057#msg1300057 date=1350181623]
I am an NDN fan and have gone to many a game in the last 20 plus years and we never leave early. Now I am just one family. I do know there are tons of people who only go to games to be seen or to say they went to the game. We also have bandwagon fans just like every other school they jump on the band wagon when we are winning and tear down when they are having a bad year.

I saw it last night at the game. The stands were no where near as full as they would have been if we were winning more games this rear. All I can say is that if you weren't at the game last night you missed a good show. I will continue to go to watch my NDNS weather they win or lose. I will cheer them on every Friday night.

I can't wait for MCM it is normally the BEST game of the season. Good Luck NDNS.
[/quote]

[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=104664.msg1301415#msg1301415 date=1350338779]
I agree with your statement; PN-G, just like every other fan base, is going to find out who's a fairweather fan and who's not during bad years.
[/quote]

We know, just as well as every other fan of every other team, high school or otherwise, out there, that our school has fairweather fans. [b]Everyone[/b] has them, and no PN-G fan will tell you any different. We also know that we are fortunate enough to have more truly loyal fans than most schools have fans at all. We have more season ticket holders than most schools have seats in their stadium. And we have more attendance records than some schools in this area have playoff games. The bottom line is that any way you try to present this, PN-G has been, is and always will be known for the fan base it brings that puts even many colleges to shame, and the fact that this subject keeps being brought up in thread after thread by [b]fans of other schools[/b] proves, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that this fact deeply, deeply bothers some people who I guess just don't have anything better to worry about.

[quote author=FrodoNDN link=topic=104946.msg1305634#msg1305634 date=1350751178]
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but the home side of NDN stadium holds aorund 6,000 and the visitor side holds around 4,000, somebody correct me if I am wrong here.
[/quote]

Not quite. The PN-G home side seats 8,000 fans (5,000 of which are season ticket holders). The visitors' side seats 5,000.

[quote author=BigRed42 link=topic=104946.msg1305692#msg1305692 date=1350756577]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=104946.msg1305620#msg1305620 date=1350750288]
PN-G visitor side is LARGER than Nederlands.
[/quote]
I'm sorry but there is no way PNG's visitor side is bigger than Nederland's visitor side. Nederland's is just slightly smaller than their home side
[/quote]

That's correct, but the difference isn't as large as you may think. As I said, PN-G's visitors' stands hold 5,000 fans. Both the home side and visitors' side in Nederland hold 5,500 fans.

[quote name="NEDERLAND TX" post="1305647" timestamp="1350752569"]
I think us Nederland fans can state our case cause we did actually beat y'all right? No? Oh yeah...... we she spanked y'all. But good job anyways.
[/quote]

You are so very right...the Dogs spanked the Indians..but instead of rubbing that in our face..y'all start a thread about our fan base?  ???

Cmon guys. We are letting PNG fans get around the main topic. We are arguing about seating for blankity blank. Stadium is awesome! PNG has awesome tradition! Awesome players! But about the game. Us Nederland fans will win every argument about the game because we won. Not just because we're arrogant! ;D  ;D ;D ;D we have that bragging right power.

[quote name="ATX31" post="1305684" timestamp="1350756129"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=104946.msg1305680#msg1305680 date=1350755861]

[/quote]

The sharpie numbered rows and seats lol
[/quote]

Has to be a fire code violation at least, doesn't it?

png bamakid....cmon, man, are you frustrated??????  really?  i couldn't even quote of all the "stuff" you wrote....its about high school football, doesn't Alabama have a game today?  Go watch that and take a break.

The png visitors stands have been an "I"diotic design and i never understood why they didnt "I"mprove them when they spent millions on "I"mprovements at their stadium.

It shows a lack of thought and planning (doesn't surprise me though). 

For teams outside of our  area, kinda embarassing to have a "world class stadium" with 1/2 askk visitor stands.  No much to brag about when visiting fans are on lock down during a game. 

Fire hazard, stupid, embarassing.

And they were crying tears over the turf, I guess they needed to have something better for us to wipe our ......on. ;D ;D

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1305718" timestamp="1350758702"]
png bamakid....cmon, man, are you frustrated??????  really?  i couldn't even quote of all the "stuff" you wrote....its about high school football, doesn't Alabama have a game today?  Go watch that and take a break.

The png visitors stands have been an "I"diotic design and i never understood why they didnt "I"mprove them when they spent millions on "I"mprovements at their stadium.

It shows a lack of thought and planning (doesn't surprise me though). 

For teams outside of our  area, kinda embarassing to have a "world class stadium" with 1/2 askk visitor stands.  No much to brag about when visiting fans are on lock down during a game. 

Fire hazard, stupid, embarassing.

And they were crying tears over the turf, I guess they needed to have something better for us to wipe our ......on. ;D ;D
[/quote]

Yes, Alabama has a game today. The Tennessee game (a rivlary known as the Third Saturday in October), and it's at 6. I would be watching LSU at A&M right now, but the cable's out and I'm waiting for someone to fix it.

In any case, no, I am not frustrated. Hard to get frustrated over an internet site, and that post only took about ten minutes to write. I am a little tired of all the people trying to kick PN-G when it's down, but as I said, some people are desperate to find anything they can to attack PN-G with. Man, it's hard being popular. ;D

You can pretty much thank Ike for the condition of the visitors' stands. The original plans for the stadium included their replacement. Unfortunately, as you know, Ike hit while the stadium was still under construction and construction was already underway at the middle schools and high school. Just as they have after every other hurricane, prices went up, and the district had to cut about a million dollars out of the stadium project to keep the other projects on track. The result was a smaller pressbox, less amenities on the home side and the same stands on the visitors' side.

[quote name="prepballfan" post="1305552" timestamp="1350744291"]
Doubt our fans if you want but you know you will never add up I was at the semi-final game for Nederland back in the early 2000's and your fans wasnt close to what a PNG game would have been at the deepest playoff game you have played in since way back when. It so easy to pick when your team is up and ours is down. Tides do turn when its your turn to be down then we can talk. Our kids gave it all they had Its funny what I learned last night bout Nederland. I dont no if you will win past round 1 after your showing last night. 37-12 by a top ranked team Central scored 56 last week. I have seen Summer Creek and Dayton enjoy this now but if you dont get your ducks in a row you will never see round 2. I expected more from Nederland than what was there last night.
[/quote]
go out what round will png

Ww will see about playoffs after we get there! 8)

[quote name="NDNation" post="1305736" timestamp="1350759681"]
I have been in alot worse visitor stands....LCM only has isles on each end...really now complaining about the stands...its not enough that you won...you complained about Vidor and the ticket situation and now our seating. Good grief y'all are some finicky dogs.
[/quote]

Not being finicky and not bashing your stadium. Already said it is a fine stadium. This is an honest request and something I feel really needs to be addressed.

[quote name="Mr. Happy" post="1305737" timestamp="1350759745"]
Bama Kid:

After sifting through your 'War and Peace' like post, I have an answer to your question:

You.
[/quote]

You know, somehow I knew someone devoid of reading comprehension was going to say that.... ::)

Me? So where did I say we don't have fairweather fans? It looks to me like I've said it three times, and I both included one of those quotes and made that point again in that post.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kush1298
    Newest Member
    kush1298