Mid County Sadness

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="godawggo" post="1303773" timestamp="1350596852"]
[quote author=godawggo link=topic=104788.msg1303771#msg1303771 date=1350596684]
Isn't it there 99% of the time, regardless of which team they are focused on???????
[/quote]
At Hamburger Depot on Nederland Ave that is.
[/quote]

No, it's usually in Beaumont.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1303540" timestamp="1350579687"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=104788.msg1302546#msg1302546 date=1350481329]
[quote author=Michael link=topic=104788.msg1302523#msg1302523 date=1350479176]
Your jealousy over the MCM rivalry is,,,, cute and sad. I'd feel bad for you salivating over your desire to be in a rivalry with Nederland if your frustration from disappointment didn't make you so obnoxious. Move to Nederland, maybe you'll feel better. :) or better yet move to PNG, you'd probably fit right in!!
[/quote]

First of all I have moved to PNG and your so called rivalry does not appeal to me at all.  I have bad news, your so called rivalry exist merely on paper and history.  The rivalry exist now only in the amount of people that you can get to put on their purple and black shirts and attend the game on friday.  There is no hype, there is no build up of suspense between two communities fighting for bragging rights anymore.  Its just an exchange of wins, (yep its Nederlands turn this year to win) in the shadows of what USED to be one of the states greatests rivalaries!  Ive seen better plots than this played out in the pineywoods with 1A schools.  blaaaahhh  lol i laugh at your jealousy theory!!
[/quote]

Well said sir!  Very true as well.
[/quote] both of your replies are just dumb. How can you say the rivalry isn't what it was? What WAS it before that it isn't now? When WAS that? the only difference between THEN and NOW ... is what exactly? Same stuff goes on, same passion, same trash talk, same attendance, same quality of teams,,, generally speaking. Some years both teams are good, some years neither teams are good. Same student participation, same old men talking about the history of the game at the donut shops.... I don't get your thoughts at all... As you guys say... Smh...

[quote name="Michael" post="1303822" timestamp="1350603111"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=104788.msg1303540#msg1303540 date=1350579687]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=104788.msg1302546#msg1302546 date=1350481329]
Your jealousy over the MCM rivalry is,,,, cute and sad. I'd feel bad for you salivating over your desire to be in a rivalry with Nederland if your frustration from disappointment didn't make you so obnoxious. Move to Nederland, maybe you'll feel better. :) or better yet move to PNG, you'd probably fit right in!!
[/quote]

First of all I have moved to PNG and your so called rivalry does not appeal to me at all.  I have bad news, your so called rivalry exist merely on paper and history.  The rivalry exist now only in the amount of people that you can get to put on their purple and black shirts and attend the game on friday.  There is no hype, there is no build up of suspense between two communities fighting for bragging rights anymore.  Its just an exchange of wins, (yep its Nederlands turn this year to win) in the shadows of what USED to be one of the states greatests rivalaries!  Ive seen better plots than this played out in the pineywoods with 1A schools.  blaaaahhh  lol i laugh at your jealousy theory!!
[/quote]

[/quote] both of your replies are just dumb. How can you say the rivalry isn't what it was? What WAS it before that it isn't now? When WAS that? the only difference between THEN and NOW ... is what exactly? Same stuff goes on, same passion, same trash talk, same attendance, same quality of teams,,, generally speaking. Some years both teams are good, some years neither teams are good. Same student participation, same old men talking about the history of the game at the donut shops.... I don't get your thoughts at all... As you guys say... Smh...
[/quote]

I was just there the other day and it didn't seem like much of a rivalry to me.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1303825" timestamp="1350603503"]
[quote author=Michael link=topic=104788.msg1303822#msg1303822 date=1350603111]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=104788.msg1303540#msg1303540 date=1350579687]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What were you expecting? UT/A&M, OSU/Michigan, Yanks/Red Sox type stuff?

It's high school football between 2 blue collar communities.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1303825" timestamp="1350603503"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What most of you guys don't understand is how this rivalry has gone through the years. Back in the late '60s and early '70s this was a truly outrageous rivalry. The problem is that young people don't know how to limit their enthusiasm. I know because I was there. The schools were taking a lot of damage, PN-G's Totem Pole was cut down more than anybody could keep track of, a big 'N' was burnt in PN-G's field, we had PNG flags run up our flag pole and the rope cut. Now this all appears like fun but like I said young people don't know how to stay within bounds of good fun and out of line fun. Students started getting hurt simply because they were on the wrong side of the tracks! When you start counting the hospital visits then you have gone too far. Both schools got together and began working on taking this thing down a couple of notches, so those of you that think it should be more out there I just hope if you have children one of them don't end up with bumps on their head or worse.

[quote name="dawgnut" post="1303829" timestamp="1350604380"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=104788.msg1303825#msg1303825 date=1350603503]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What most of you guys don't understand is how this rivalry has gone through the years. Back in the late '60s and early '70s this was a truly outrageous rivalry. The problem is that young people don't know how to limit their enthusiasm. I know because I was there. The schools were taking a lot of damage, PN-G's Totem Pole was cut down more than anybody could keep track of, a big 'N' was burnt in PN-G's field, we had PNG flags run up our flag pole and the rope cut. Now this all appears like fun but like I said young people don't know how to stay within bounds of good fun and out of line fun. Students started getting hurt simply because they were on the wrong side of the tracks! When you start counting the hospital visits then you have gone too far. Both schools got together and began working on taking this thing down a couple of notches, so those of you that think it should be more out there I just hope if you have children one of them don't end up with bumps on their head or worse.
[/quote]
Sounds to me like your rivalry isn't what it used to be. Doesn't seem as "fierce" as y'all claim it to be. Sounds like two towns who have history playing each other and it being a tradition. And before y'all say it no I'm not saying that kids getting hurt or laws being broken is okay.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1303832" timestamp="1350604688"]
[quote author=dawgnut link=topic=104788.msg1303829#msg1303829 date=1350604380]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=104788.msg1303825#msg1303825 date=1350603503]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Sounds to me like your rivalry isn't what it used to be. Doesn't seem as "fierce" as y'all claim it to be. Sounds like two towns who have history playing each other and it being a tradition. And before y'all say it no I'm not saying that kids getting hurt or laws being broken is okay.
[/quote]And how would you know? I mean, you not having a Rival and all...... ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="outanup" post="1303836" timestamp="1350605137"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=104788.msg1303832#msg1303832 date=1350604688]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]And how would you know? I mean, you not having a Rival and all...... ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]
come on now .we have a rival. They are called the east India trade company. ;D

[quote name="NDNation" post="1303834" timestamp="1350604839"]
Vidor was outraged over the spray paint....that would be just the tip of the iceberg...were talking don't go across the tracks after dark...and still be a little cautious during the day.
[/quote]
But I thought it wasn't like that anymore. Like dawgnut said those things don't happen anymore.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1303843" timestamp="1350605882"]
[quote author=outanup link=topic=104788.msg1303836#msg1303836 date=1350605137]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=104788.msg1303832#msg1303832 date=1350604688]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
come on now .we have a rival. They are called the east India trade company. ;D
[/quote)

Tis true....Barbarians they are. Aaaarrrggghh.

[quote name="dawgnut" post="1303829" timestamp="1350604380"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You puppies should understand the term "sic 'em!"
  ;D  ;D ;D

I know last year many yard signs were broken beyond repair. Those things are not cheap either, a couple hundred dollars at least. That to me is uncalled for. I work hard for the things I have but then I would have pulled my sign up the week before MCM. I wouldn't have taken a chance of something happening to it.

[quote name="Cheermom4" post="1303995" timestamp="1350614202"]
I know last year many yard signs were broken beyond repair. Those things are not cheap either, a couple hundred dollars at least. That to me is uncalled for. I work hard for the things I have but then I would have pulled my sign up the week before MCM. I wouldn't have taken a chance of something happening to it.
[/quote]

It's happened this year too. Just saw some pictures on Facebook.

Coach Burnett talked about the efforts he and Coach Neumann made to talk things down a few years ago in an interview because things had gotten so out of hand. Things aren't as bad as they used to be, but I know I woke up to find a few things kicked over in the front yard back in high school. I also remember the vandalism that took place at the high school my freshman year the week after MCM because we beat them that year, and it made what happened to Vidor this year look like a first grade arts and crafts exhibit.

Those outside of MC have never walked the halls of either school during the week of MCM. There is an event of some sort EVERY DAY. Most kids (and faculty) are involved, and the hype is in the air all week. Usually gets more heated closer to game day. For those of you who were in town Tuesday, I understand why you feel that way, bc not much happens on Mon, Tues, Wed night. I saw Facebook pics from both Ned and PNG people today with their kids dressed as 'nerds' from the opposing school.

The rivalry is still very alive, trust us!  ;)

BTW-Cheermom's cooking stinks, and Bamakid throws like a girl!  ;D

The only time Cheermom's cooking stinks is when she is cooking cabbage or chitlin's. The rivalry stuff has been stifled by PC mentality and zero tolerance policies. I've heard about the stuff in the 60's but the putting a Purple flag up the pole and cutting the rope is new to me. I like it. Kids in those days were more creative because they had to be. nowadays many of them or on ADD meds etc Couple that with all the electronic stuff and they aren't as interested. Although it would be funny if some computer nerd hacked in to the scoreboard or something

Well I had tickets to tonights game, I had put them in my glove compartment so I would have them. Put my truck in the shop at vins paint and body shop, and some sorry bastard stole them. I'm not a happy camper right now. If by chance I happen to get in the game, lord help them if they have the balls to sit in my seats. Someones gonna get an ass whippin.  >:(

[quote name="biaplayer" post="1304148" timestamp="1350650027"]
Well I had tickets to tonights game, I had put them in my glove compartment so I would have them. Put my truck in the shop at vins paint and body shop, and some sorry bastard stole them. I'm not a happy camper right now. If by chance I happen to get in the game, lord help them if they have the balls to sit in my seats. Someones gonna get an butt whippin.  >:(
[/quote] :o

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder