Mid County Sadness

[quote name="Razor" post="1303158" timestamp="1350518979"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=104788.msg1303034#msg1303034 date=1350509946]
go jump in a lake!  wow  smh

i sure hope you didnt spend alot of time coming up with that one! Thats embarassing!
[/quote]

here's somebody who is taking this WAY to seriously
[/quote]
Same could be said about yourself razor.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1303159" timestamp="1350519028"]
Your missing the point there bamakid. The point is when Ned and png get called out on something they always change the subject instead of manning up and admitting it.
[/quote]

[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=104788.msg1303157#msg1303157 date=1350518873]
of course, but we were singled out on this one and the thread ended up going into a different direction.
[/quote]

So let me get this straight. A Vidor fan starts a thread attacking PN-G, Nederland and one of the most prominent rivalries in the state, and y'all [i]didn't[/i] think Mid-County fans would smack talk him right back?

Maybe I give Vidor fans too much credit. ;D

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1303161" timestamp="1350519130"]
[quote author=Razor link=topic=104788.msg1303158#msg1303158 date=1350518979]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=104788.msg1303034#msg1303034 date=1350509946]

i sure hope you didnt spend alot of time coming up with that one! Thats embarassing!
[/quote]

[/quote]
Same could be said about yourself razor.
[/quote]

not me sunshine

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1303162" timestamp="1350519171"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=104788.msg1303159#msg1303159 date=1350519028]
Your missing the point there bamakid. The point is when Ned and png get called out on something they always change the subject instead of manning up and admitting it.
[/quote]

[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=104788.msg1303157#msg1303157 date=1350518873]
of course, but we were singled out on this one and the thread ended up going into a different direction.
[/quote]

So let me get this straight. A Vidor fan starts a thread attacking PN-G, Nederland and one of the most prominent rivalries in the state, and y'all [i]didn't[/i] think Mid-County fans would smack talk him right back?

Maybe I give Vidor fans too much credit. ;D
[/quote]
no, a vidor fan started a thread that was a carry over from a topic started at the preview last night by a non vidor fan. he just posted it. if you read the whole thread you'll see others reppin other schools making basically the same statement. "WHERE WERE THE MC FANS". it quickly turned into a mc-v-vidor thread because a vidor fan started the thread and from their it went way away from the topic.

[b]go jump in a lake! [/b]  wow  smh

[/quote]

[/quote]
yeah, thought that one was uncalled for.

Dustoff03 u are correct when you say many take this stuff too seriously, and I have never had issue with you. On the other hand, Rob has called the Ned kids thugs..... and pissed and moaned more than anyone on here. He needs help...... Smack is fun, keep up the good work!!!!!!

[quote name="outanup" post="1303172" timestamp="1350519879"]
Dustoff03 u are correct when you say many take this stuff too seriously, and I have never had issue with you. On the other hand, Rob has called the Ned kids thugs..... and pissed and moaned more than anyone on here. He needs help...... [b]Smack is fun, keep up the good work!!!!!![/b]
[/quote]
same to you.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1303169" timestamp="1350519578"]
no, a vidor fan started a thread that was a carry over from a topic started at the preview last night by a non vidor fan. he just posted it. if you read the whole thread you'll see others reppin other schools making basically the same statement. "WHERE WERE THE MC FANS". it quickly turned into a mc-v-vidor thread because a vidor fan started the thread and from their it went way away from the topic.
[/quote]

Come on. robanadana is not stupid. Surely he knew when starting this thread that he was going to get some smack back from the Mid-County folks. That just comes with the territory.

I don't think a lot of MC folks were able to be there. I know my father wanted to go but couldn't because he had to work late.

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1303178" timestamp="1350520513"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=104788.msg1303169#msg1303169 date=1350519578]
[/quote]

Come on. robanadana is not stupid. Surely he knew when starting this thread that he was going to get some smack back from the Mid-County folks. That just comes with the territory.

I don't think a lot of MC folks were able to be there. I know my father wanted to go but couldn't because he had to work late.
[/quote]
no he's not. he's a pot stirrir and he has admitted that. but he wasn't the only one calling out MCM fans yet vidor is recieving all the smack back. and honestly, you would think one person could have at least dropped in for a few minutes. i mean, he'll Branhamfan was there.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1303180" timestamp="1350520985"]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=104788.msg1303178#msg1303178 date=1350520513]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=104788.msg1303169#msg1303169 date=1350519578]
[/quote]

[/quote]
no he's not. he's a pot stirrir and he has admitted that. but he wasn't the only one calling out MCM fans yet vidor is recieving all the smack back. and honestly, you would think one person could have at least dropped in for a few minutes. i mean, he'll Branhamfan was there.
[/quote]

He may not have been the first to say something, but he was the first to put it in writing here. If the shoe were on the other foot, [b]everybody[/b] here knows that the Vidor fans would be all over a PN-G or Nederland fan for saying something about Vidor on here, whether it's legitimate or not.

If you're going to start a thread with some smack, expect 'em to smack ya back. ;D

[/quote]

[/quote]

smh  ::) ::) ::) ::)

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1303123" timestamp="1350516219"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=104788.msg1303121#msg1303121 date=1350515923]
If PN-G somehow pulls the upset of the year in the Nation this really will be Mid County Sadness  ;) :D
[/quote]
;D ;D ;Dfollowed by a slip to Ozen or Central. bye bye DC. :o
[/quote] Ohh myyy!  :o

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1303183" timestamp="1350521355"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=104788.msg1303180#msg1303180 date=1350520985]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=104788.msg1303178#msg1303178 date=1350520513]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

He may not have been the first to say something, but he was the first to put it in writing here. If the shoe were on the other foot, [b]everybody[/b] here knows that the Vidor fans would be all over a PN-G or Nederland fan for saying something about Vidor on here, whether it's legitimate or not.

If you're going to start a thread with some smack, expect 'em to smack ya back. ;D
[/quote]
i totally expect it back. that's what makes it fun. and i'm having fun. but the point is, other school reps posted the same thing but all the smack is directed at vidor and most of it is non thread related.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1303189" timestamp="1350521799"]
i totally expect it back. that's what makes it fun. and i'm having fun. but the point is, other school reps posted the same thing but all the smack is directed at vidor and most of it is non thread related.
[/quote]

I didn't realize ryker over there was from Vidor.... ;)

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1303192" timestamp="1350521926"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=104788.msg1303189#msg1303189 date=1350521799]
[/quote]

I didn't realize ryker over there was from Vidor.... ;)
[/quote]
;D

[quote name="Razor" post="1303104" timestamp="1350514882"]
Soulja, I respect you and always have but I believe some may be placing too much value on attendance at an internet broadcast...people have lives, work and activities, many of which already center around MCM to be called out for not making it last night...I realize that may be disappointing for the guys who put the show on ( and it's a great thing ya'll do), but in the words of Keyshawn...CMON MAN!
[/quote]

Razor, you and I have been around message boards long before there was an SETXsports.com and I have had the biggest respect for your insight and believe me this thread changes none of that.  However, this "internet broadcast" was a little more significant than I think you are giving it credit for.

First, this is not just a show where someone flips a switch and 3-6 guys just start rambling for 2 hours.  A good bit of work goes into it.  I know, because even though my attendance is sparce due to distance, I am one of those who put a bit of work into the show.  Second, those that do host the show...Mike, Aaron and Robert...all take time out of their schedules to make this show go to help bring a little more information and a little more entertainment to the posters at SETXsports.  Robert tears himself away from his daughter's activities to be there, Aaron's two hours there account for about half of the time off he has all week and Mike puts several civic functions that he is involved with for a better half of a day. Apparently that is recognized by some as you look at the Legacy Sports Network lineup and while they have game broadcasts from all over the state, they have seen fit at this time to have only one preview show be part of their lineup, ours.  And to move the show to Nederland for the week of Mid-County Madness creates further sacrifice for the guys, both in time and these days more importantly distance.

But it is a lot more than that.  It was SETXsports.com paying homage to what is the most storied rivalry in Southeast Texas and doing so for the second year in a row.  It is SETXsports.com showing appreciation to Hamburger Depot, a company who I can't just say has been very helpful to this site since it's inception because that we be an understatement of such proportion to be laughable.  It was an attempt to further help our sponsor by getting folks to come in and patronize a business who had enough faith in that community to put down stakes there. 

Yet, despite the show setting up in their backyard for the second year in a row for the week precending MCM all of this was met with by both the Nederland and Port Neches-Groves contingient as, "Well, we had better things to do."  Given that sentiment, for you not to understand that the staff and regulars not to look at Mid County Madness with the same grandeur as they may have viewed the rivalry in the past, then I would have to pose to you "C'MON MAN."

Now, I know what I said doesn't change a whole lot. MCM was the most storied rivalry in the before the show yesterday, it was during the show and is today.  But after what our efforts have been met with over the last couple of years, I think you should be able to understand why we may not look upon it with the same excitement that you do.

Thank you Grad for the post!  very thoughtful and accurate as usual.  I agree 100 percent with what Grad just posted.  Ill admit Ive had a little fun with this the past few days and taking jabs at the MCM community but it was all in fun.  In all seriousness I do know the MCM is still very much present and both communities support their schools with passion still.  I enjoy doing the show very much and we do take the show very serious.  Mike and Todd both do an awesome job of getting the show ready every week and the preview show wouldnt be what it is today if it wasnt for Mikes hard work and passion to keep it going.  We have a really fun group of guys that show up each week and talk football and im very glad to be allowed to be a part of it.  What you hear on air is only a small portion of what goes up there!  Although Im very dissappointed we didnt get anyone show up from either MCM community we still had a blast and carried on without you!  Again, Thank you Todd, Mike, Robert, and all the other guys that show up each week to make the show what it is and I for one appreciate your efforts!  And for the guys and gals that "had better things to do"..hey your lose,,,not ours!!

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1303220" timestamp="1350524076"]
[quote author=Razor link=topic=104788.msg1303104#msg1303104 date=1350514882]
Soulja, I respect you and always have but I believe some may be placing too much value on attendance at an internet broadcast...people have lives, work and activities, many of which already center around MCM to be called out for not making it last night...I realize that may be disappointing for the guys who put the show on ( and it's a great thing ya'll do), but in the words of Keyshawn...CMON MAN!
[/quote]

Razor, you and I have been around message boards long before there was an SETXsports.com and I have had the biggest respect for your insight and believe me this thread changes none of that.  However, this "internet broadcast" was a little more significant than I think you are giving it credit for.

First, this is not just a show where someone flips a switch and 3-6 guys just start rambling for 2 hours.  A good bit of work goes into it.  I know, because even though my attendance is sparce due to distance, I am one of those who put a bit of work into the show.  Second, those that do host the show...Mike, Aaron and Robert...all take time out of their schedules to make this show go to help bring a little more information and a little more entertainment to the posters at SETXsports.  Robert tears himself away from his daughter's activities to be there, Aaron's two hours there account for about half of the time off he has all week and Mike puts several civic functions that he is involved with for a better half of a day. Apparently that is recognized by some as you look at the Legacy Sports Network lineup and while they have game broadcasts from all over the state, they have seen fit at this time to have only one preview show be part of their lineup, ours.  And to move the show to Nederland for the week of Mid-County Madness creates further sacrifice for the guys, both in time and these days more importantly distance.

But it is a lot more than that.  It was SETXsports.com paying homage to what is the most storied rivalry in Southeast Texas and doing so for the second year in a row.  It is SETXsports.com showing appreciation to Hamburger Depot, a company who I can't just say has been very helpful to this site since it's inception because that we be an understatement of such proportion to be laughable.  It was an attempt to further help our sponsor by getting folks to come in and patronize a business who had enough faith in that community to put down stakes there. 

Yet, despite the show setting up in their backyard for the second year in a row for the week precending MCM all of this was met with by both the Nederland and Port Neches-Groves contingient as, "Well, we had better things to do."  Given that sentiment, for you not to understand that the staff and regulars not to look at Mid County Madness with the same grandeur as they may have viewed the rivalry in the past, then I would have to pose to you "C'MON MAN."

Now, I know what I said doesn't change a whole lot. MCM was the most storied rivalry in the before the show yesterday, it was during the show and is today.  But after what our efforts have been met with over the last couple of years, I think you should be able to understand why we may not look upon it with the same excitement that you do.
[/quote]

no argument here, grad...believe me, I know these guys work hard and sacrifice to make this thing work and I acknowledged as much in my prior post, although maybe not enough...what they do is certainly admirable work and I know they would have preferred to have more Nederland/PNG attendees...fact is, they didn't and while I understand the disappointment, I really didn't see a reason to be quite as critical of the fans for not showing...heck, I didn't even know it was that big of a deal, not that I could have gone anyway...but again, I do think that what they are doing is good stuff...I will listen when I can and find it entertaining...my thought would be for these guys to press on and keep doing what you are doing

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476