Mid County Sadness

[quote name="rykerx144" post="1302546" timestamp="1350481329"]
[quote author=Michael link=topic=104788.msg1302523#msg1302523 date=1350479176]
Your jealousy over the MCM rivalry is,,,, cute and sad. I'd feel bad for you salivating over your desire to be in a rivalry with Nederland if your frustration from disappointment didn't make you so obnoxious. Move to Nederland, maybe you'll feel better. :) or better yet move to PNG, you'd probably fit right in!!
[/quote]

First of all I have moved to PNG and your so called rivalry does not appeal to me at all.  I have bad news, your so called rivalry exist merely on paper and history.  The rivalry exist now only in the amount of people that you can get to put on their purple and black shirts and attend the game on friday.  There is no hype, there is no build up of suspense between two communities fighting for bragging rights anymore.  Its just an exchange of wins, (yep its Nederlands turn this year to win) in the shadows of what USED to be one of the states greatests rivalaries!  Ive seen better plots than this played out in the pineywoods with 1A schools.  blaaaahhh  lol i laugh at your jealousy theory!!
[/quote] BAAAAAAAM!

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say what you want, but this IS a huge game every year. If it wasn't, then why could I not get a ticket last year or the year before? Because i 'know' some people, i gained access to the games, but watched from the track. Just bc there are not as many people talking 'smack' this year does not devalue what this game means to people in MCM. A few Ned fans tried to start a thread, but not many PNG fans have much to say. Same happened a few years back when PNG had a good team, Ned fans didn't say much. It gets heated when BOTH team's are winning. Doesn't mean people don't care about it. If PNG wins Friday night, I can guarantee this board will be 'HOT' and PNG fans will be reenergized. Unless you have lived in MC all of your life, it's hard to understand, and it's hard to describe it in words.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1302580" timestamp="1350483652"]
Maybe it's because of this:

http://www.setxsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=104660.0

;D
[/quote]Since PnG may not win another district game, many Indian fans are not speaking about this game. Most of them agree that Ned will win. Last year, there was much more hype bc both teams had good records. The Coldspring/Huffman game has no bearing on MCM. It will still be crazy Friday night, and there are events going on daily at BOTH schools mocking each other. The entire week of school (for students and faculty) is focused soley on the game Friday night.

Lol... Love it... This is laughable and very transparent.. Of course, it's not as huge as it would be if it had playoff implications or DC on the line, but it's the biggest game of the regular season for these two, that's without question. Whether or not outsiders care or not, doesn't bother me. It's obvious robanadana and some others have a complex about MCM though. DCTF ranked it the 3rd biggest rivalry in the state of Texas. It's very significant even when one or both of the teams arent. Anything can happen and if history shows us anything, this will probably not be a blowout. I still remember going out for pre-game warmups, seeing the 15,000 fans, and then hearing Cherokee crank up. I had never felt chills like I felt at that moment and havent felt them like that since. Even if you are a regular member of the community, you understand the rivalry, but people that have played in this game can't describe the feeling. It's completely different from every other game I've played in. It is war.

And just to add to that. I have see. People camp-out for 24 hours to get these tickets. Heck, even this season, Nederland season ticket holders camped out when they went to get their tickets! I am sure PNG season ticket holders do the same thing when the game is at Nederland..

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1302616" timestamp="1350486009"]
And just to add to that. I have see. People camp-out for 24 hours to get these tickets. Heck, even this season, Nederland season ticket holders camped out when they went to get their tickets! I am sure PNG season ticket holders do the same thing when the game is at Nederland..
[/quote]

Slept under the home side bleachers in a lawn chair for season tickets one year. We that crazy ;D

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1302609" timestamp="1350485518"]
Lol... Love it... This is laughable and very transparent.. Of course, it's not as huge as it would be if it had playoff implications or DC on the line, but it's the biggest game of the regular season for these two, that's without question. Whether or not outsiders care or not, doesn't bother me. It's obvious robanadana and some others have a complex about MCM though. DCTF ranked it the 3rd biggest rivalry in the state of Texas. It's very significant even when one or both of the teams arent. Anything can happen and if history shows us anything, this will probably not be a blowout. I still remember going out for pre-game warmups, seeing the 15,000 fans, and then hearing Cherokee crank up. I had never felt chills like I felt at that moment and havent felt them like that since. Even if you are a regular member of the community, you understand the rivalry, but people that have played in this game can't describe the feeling. It's completely different from every other game I've played in. It is war.
[/quote] ::) Over- exaggeration (stir, stir)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1302623" timestamp="1350486613"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=104788.msg1302609#msg1302609 date=1350485518]
[/quote]

Better than that Love Fest y'all got going with Vidor. So cute.  ;D 

A thread started by [b]robanadana[b] about a rivalry that has gone on for almost a century that is funny. I guess your still upset you can't get  one started with either of these teams because y'all can't seem to beat them. Just my personal history since I played for PN-G in the eighties and have a son that is a BULLDOG now this game is a heated as ever. Sometimes it is quietest right before the storm. Vidor needs to worry about the other Orange county team and get a rivalry going with LC-M.  Let us racist as you put [b]robanadana[/b], worry about the Indians

I have been going to the games since the early 70's when I was a little kid.  I have not seen any lack of excitement over MCM.  It's still just as fun now as it was then.  Thank God I got tickets! Listening on the radio just doesn't get me as excited as being there in person for the craziness!  Everything that happens is in good spirited fun...we love our neighbors and we pull for them when they aren't playing us (of course...ha ha ha)  Good luck Friday night to my Bulldogs and I pray we have an injury free game.  :)

*PS.  I agree, Vidor folks are just jealous  ;)

[quote name="NDNation" post="1302632" timestamp="1350487062"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=104788.msg1302623#msg1302623 date=1350486613]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=104788.msg1302609#msg1302609 date=1350485518]
[/quote]

Better than that Love Fest y'all got going with Vidor. So cute.  ;D
[/quote] ;D

[quote name="DOGS1988" post="1302644" timestamp="1350488052"]
I have been going to the games since the early 70's when I was a little kid.  I have not seen any lack of excitement over MCM.  It's still just as fun now as it was then.  Thank God I got tickets! Listening on the radio just doesn't get me as excited as being there in person for the craziness!  Everything that happens is in good spirited fun...we love our neighbors and we pull for them when they aren't playing us (of course...ha ha ha)  Good luck Friday night to my Bulldogs and I pray we have an injury free game.  :)

*[b]PS.  I agree, Vidor folks are just jealous  ;)[/b]
[/quote]
not jealous at all.  yall forget why this thread was started. it's not about the history of the rivalry, nobody disputes that. it's simply because nobody showed up to the SETX SPORTS Preview show during MCM week with the show being held in Nederland. the guys wanted to talk MCM and nobody showed.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1302665" timestamp="1350489004"]
[quote author=DOGS1988 link=topic=104788.msg1302644#msg1302644 date=1350488052]

[/quote]
not jealous at all.  yall forget why this thread was started. it's not about the history of the rivalry, nobody disputes that. it's simply because nobody showed up to the SETX SPORTS Preview show during MCM week with the show being held in Nederland. the guys wanted to talk MCM and nobody showed.
[/quote]

Do you not understand...We are at War this week...we cant be in the same building together. ;D

[quote name="NDNation" post="1302668" timestamp="1350489233"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=104788.msg1302665#msg1302665 date=1350489004]
[quote author=DOGS1988 link=topic=104788.msg1302644#msg1302644 date=1350488052]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Do you not understand...We are at War this week...we cant be in the same building together. ;D
[/quote]
ok, now i get it ;D. but hey, still could have sent in a recon team. ;D

Ned had several thousand pound members strategically placed around the Hamburger Depot neighborhood waiting to attack any incoming tribesman, but they were a no-show. Unfortunately, by the time we realized the tribe wasn't coming, it was too late and the show was off the air. I blame the NDNS.  :D 

[quote name="85' HUSKER" post="1302766" timestamp="1350495424"]
Ned had several thousand pound members strategically placed around the Hamburger Depot neighborhood waiting to attack any incoming tribesman, but they were a no-show. Unfortunately, by the time we realized the tribe wasn't coming, it was too late and the show was off the air. I blame the NDNS.  :D
[/quote]

Naw!  Clearly it's Bush's fault. ;D

[quote name="JohnSmith" post="1302639" timestamp="1350487506"]
Keep heads straight PNG and you may take Ned.  I still think they are overrated :o, lost to Angleton who lost to a first year school last week :'(.  Close game with Crosby and they suck. :o  ;D
[/quote]

think what you want about the Bulldogs, John...we really could care less, but the Crosby game was not close...they were never in it and were totally dominated...Nederland scored on their first 3 drives and then took the air out of the ball and let the defense do the rest...watch the game or at least read some stats before making a comment like that

[quote name="Michael" post="1302523" timestamp="1350479176"]
Your jealousy over the MCM rivalry is,,,, cute and sad. I'd feel bad for you salivating over your desire to be in a rivalry with Nederland if your frustration from disappointment didn't make you so obnoxious. Move to Nederland, maybe you'll feel better. :) or better yet move to PNG, you'd probably fit right in!!
[/quote]BAMMMM Well said Michael

[quote name="BigDog007" post="1302998" timestamp="1350507911"]
[quote author=Michael link=topic=104788.msg1302523#msg1302523 date=1350479176]
[/quote]BAMMMM Well said Michael
[/quote]
no one's jealous and you missed the point of this thread too.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder