Lumberton

I'm so tired of seeing so many people talk so much crap on Lumberton. Got home last night and got on facebook and saw a lot of kids from Vidor and other schools saying how they would be embarrassed to be a Raider fan. Yeah we might not have won a game so far this year but those boys play their hearts out every week and never give up. And I was sitting with some fans on the Lumberton side and they were talking crap on the team. I'm sorry but if you want to talk crap on high school kids who play a sport they love then dont go to the game. I'm sure those boys would want an empty side of stands with a few fans that want to be there for them through good and bad times than a full side with fans talking bad about them.
Sorry just had to get it off my mind because it's all I'm seeing after last night.

RAIDER FAN THROUGH EVERYTHING RIGHT HERE AND PROUD OF IT!

As a Vidor fan, I was proud of the Lumberton boys last night. It takes heart for those that play every Friday night, especially when you are having a "down" year. We can certainly empathize with you.
I congratulated 6 of the Raider players last night as they walked out of the stadium and tell the rest of them to never give up. True character is built in such situations and they will be better for it In the future.

I too saw some posts that were placed without a mature thought before hitting enter. Most of the posters can't remember the dark days in pirate stadium, when were barely a 5a team getting trounced. Not one of those posters (that I saw) were current or former players. It's hard for some of these vicarious pirates to understand that there is a responsibility that comes with being a "real champion".

The boys that suited up last night are taught more respect than what you witnessed.

God Bless your raiders, they fought hard all night, 4 quarters long. And that is NOTHING to be ashamed of!!!

These "adults" (I use this term loosely) who do this bashing have one of three motives, take your pick:

1)  They have a kid who they want playing on the field in that position(s) instead of the kid playing.  ::)

2)  They never had a kid play any sport (esp football) and have to listen to this garbage, really >:(

3)  They are just pathetic losers in life, going all the way back to high school and to the present.  I would tell them, "Get a life, you are not the ruler of the universe and your opinion doesn't matter."  :'( :'(

as for the kids doing this, it's a character issue. refer to #1 - #3 for future reference.

I don't run down kids on a message board or in person.

Remember these are "kids" who are out there playing. 

I just call out these "posters" who bash them on this board.  You should see me in person.  I don't take anyone bashing kids on a field of play.  Come sit by me and you'll see.

BTW, I am 1987 dogs, not 1988..... ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="1299812" timestamp="1350162204"]
Which one of those 3 do you fall into 1988dog
[/quote]

Some teams effort never reflect the scoreboard. Players and coaches work their butts off in order to win or lose. Always strive to win, be Humble win you do and when you lose work harder. I've been on both sides, and currently on the the temporary losing side. Immaturity and put downs on a town and team aren't good. Good teams and coaches win with honor

Lumberton had one of the best teams in the district a few years ago.  Lots of talent in Lumberton. IMO y'all need to get away from the wing t and start playing that smash mouth D y'all had a few years back.  Hang in there! Y'all have a good coach in Creduer (sp)!
The LTRAIN will be back soon! ;)

Hang in there RaiderGirl92, things will get better, just hope not against us. Your team needs more fans like you who stay with them though thick and thin because when the going gets tough, those who were not real fans thin out. Your team gain my respect last year when I saw them play us in Livingston. Those kids have something you can't teach and tha's heart, just remember weeping may endure for a night but joy cometh in the morning, and when that happens those who are bashing will act as if they never did.     

Sleepy1 made a good point about when Vidor was down.  I remember those yrs.  Something like 44 straight games w/o a win.  Must have been brutal for them.    I'm miserable right now,  but I'm so very optimistic for the future,  I just can't dwell on where we are right now.

Some people on here deserve the verbal butt whipping that they are receiving now,  since they are so quick to dish it out.  We all enjoy a bit of smack jousting from time to time,  but it's still hurtful to the kids/players that get on here and read.

I hope they don't let what we say discourage them even further...  they work so hard.

Hang in there Raiders.  Things can only get better and your community is still solidly behind you.

Raidergirl, I was a Pirate when we went 0 - 44. I remember the pall that hung over our school, especially with the jokes like Interstate 10, Vidor nothing. Losing, or winning for that matter, never last forever. I admire your loyalty. My senior year, we went 5-4-1 and you would think we had won state. Two years later, we won district. Hang in there, y'all will turn it around....we did.

[quote name="youthinkyouknow" post="1300184" timestamp="1350187386"]
That really makes me sad for you. I am so thankful my 8 year old son can't read[b] the bashing his Pee Wee team gets on this board[/b] every week so to imagine that you are seeing it on Facebook and hearing it at your game really breaks my heart for you. Stay proud and try to let it roll off your back.
[/quote]
i don't read the youth football threads, but seriously? that aint right.smh.

keep your spirits up RaiderGirl. things will turn around. as far as idiots that make inmature and negative comments, all i can say is KARMA is a -----. and that's lifes karma.

[quote name="RaiderGirl92" post="1299654" timestamp="1350154240"]
I'm so tired of seeing so many people talk so much crap on Lumberton. Got home last night and got on facebook and saw a lot of kids from Vidor and other schools saying how they would be embarrassed to be a Raider fan. Yeah we might not have won a game so far this year but those boys play their hearts out every week and never give up. And I was sitting with some fans on the Lumberton side and they were talking crap on the team. I'm sorry but if you want to talk crap on high school kids who play a sport they love then dont go to the game. I'm sure those boys would want an empty side of stands with a few fans that want to be there for them through good and bad times than a full side with fans talking bad about them.
Sorry just had to get it off my mind because it's all I'm seeing after last night.

[/quote]

Did you happen to read all the negative crap about Vidor? All I have seen is Lumberton kids calling Vidor inbred and that atleast my brother isn't my dad comments all over twitter. As far as being a fan you have to be a fan through the bad times and the good and at most support the kids that play on the field.

[quote name="youthinkyouknow" post="1300184" timestamp="1350187386"]
That really makes me sad for you. I am so thankful my 8 year old son can't read the bashing his Pee Wee team gets on this board every week so to imagine that you are seeing it on Facebook and hearing it at your game really breaks my heart for you. Stay proud and try to let it roll off your back.
[/quote]

youthinkyouknow......your one of the ones that do the bashing..........Is this not your reply to a post from the peewee thread?

[quote author=youthinkyouknow link=topic=104629.msg1300169#msg1300169 date=1350186435]
[quote author=TGWhite link=topic=104629.msg1300149#msg1300149 date=1350185656]
Thank you for confirming the "handpick" speculation.  "Same group together since flag with the same coach", that about sums it up.  When an expansion team is formed, you can only protect 33% (5 players) of the players on existing teams, the rest should have been available for drafting to the expansion team.  Coaches kids need to be in the 33% of the protected kids.  Read the rules and give up the name calling...
[/quote]

[b]You are so dense... [/b] We have never had an expansion team. We had 2 teams last year and 2 teams this year so again the 13 that returned from last year all "return to the team from the previous season". You need to read the rules. The expansion rules do not apply since we did not have an expansion team.

ARTICLE XII: DRAFTING OF TEAMS

SECTION 1:

1        Players shall return to the team from the previous season if they qualify for the same division.
[/quote]

or this one........

quote author=youthinkyouknow link=topic=104629.msg1299949#msg1299949 date=1350173084]
[quote author=forthelove link=topic=104629.msg1299916#msg1299916 date=1350169085]
Is Ned w known to chop block this season??? How many injuries due to chop blocking and how many not?

Guys and gals...I surely hope we don't have coaches teaching this kind of football!! Why on Earth are those boys performing these kinds of blocks??? Isn't a chop block the most dangerous block out there? Illegal!!! But we have 7,8 and 9 year olds demonstrating their "skills" today in STJFL?????
[/quote]

Chop blocking is taught, clearly taught. It is not something a kid wakes up and suddenly knows how to do. Not all of BMTs injuries were due to Nederland chop blocking. Three kids got hurt by it and had back of knee injuries. Like someone said, there is a video.

The Nederland Coaches wouldn't even shake the BMT Coaches hands at the end. Sore losers? Bad sportsmen? I don't know, but what did that show their kids? We are all sorry you could only score on BMTs 2nd Defense but there shouldn't have been any doubt that BMT would win, so why have your kids play dirty (their just doing what coach says) and then show them don't shake hands and give the other team a "good game".
[/quote]

Keep your head up, it will get better.  I've been a Pirate since I was born and had a sibling who was a football star for Vidor.  I said a while back that I can remember when Coach Law was here and the fans would chant, up the middle, up the middle, pass, punt!!  That is how the entire game was played.  I loved my Pirates then and love them now.  Stick with them, you guys are just having a down year.  Kudos to those boys that get out there every Friday night under those lights and play their hearts out!!

It is much harder to follow a team that is not winning and as a Vidor fan, I have some experience in that.

I, of course, applaud the Lumberton boys for continuing to play and battle out there.  But I also acknowledge the Lumberton fans.  I do not know what they were saying up in the stands, but most of the Lumberton fans that came to Vidor stayed to the end.  That is even more than you can say for the Vidor fans on Friday night.  And that deserves some kudos.

[quote author=RaiderGirl92 link=topic=104649.msg1299654#msg1299654 date=1350154240]

Most highschool Fans Are WIn ONLY FANS when you're winning everybody is in your corner loose one game and the coaches need to be fired and kids suck.  I understand your fustration Just ask a panther how it feels and recently ask a bruin. All in all support your team through their ups and downs. thats what builds a winning program

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder