Kountze Lions and Newton Eagles "THE MAGIC 8 BALL SAYS.......?"

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1301042" timestamp="1350315443"]
[quote author=ECbucs#1! link=topic=104633.msg1300727#msg1300727 date=1350262769]
They ran up the score on ec because they know ec is the next best in the district..
[/quote]

They ran the score up because they are still insanely bitter about being 0-2 (before this last game) vs. EC since being aligned into this district. They might win 99-0 next year and "climb" to .500 vs. EC.  :)
[/quote]ECBucFan.......is insanely bitter,anything like the way that Ya'll felt when Newton moved into your district and beat the Bucs in 2004 and 2005? Or when the Eagles thumped Ya'll in that playoff game at LCM? Oh by the way I was over visiting in Winnie the other day and tried to look at Ya'lls State Title Monuments; where do Ya'll keep them? Newton's are right out in front of the Field.

[quote name="Newtonjb" post="1302242" timestamp="1350430752"]
[quote author=ECbucs#1! link=topic=104633.msg1300727#msg1300727 date=1350262769]
[quote author=Piratesdad4410 link=topic=104633.msg1300088#msg1300088 date=1350183186]
Newton will win by how ever many they wont in this game but I really dont think they will run the score up on kountze. They ran the score up on EC for A reason!!!!!!!!!!    JMO
[/quote]
They ran up the score on ec because they know ec is the next best in the district.. and i'm not sure if kountze loses less than 74-7 if that means they have a better defense.. After the 3rd touchdowns you could tell on ec players faces that the game was over. That had some reason for them losing that bad.. When they said Newton by however many they want i didn't believe it til i saw it. Newton wins this. I'm never good at predicting scores but i say Newton by +28
[/quote][b][/b]Newton didn't run up the score........E.C. ( according to You ) saw that the game was over. Does that mean that they quite? Not all of the E.C. Players laid down, they were just knocked off their game plan and were overwhelmed by the Eagles.
[/quote]

If any of the team on the field lays down - then the whole team lays down.  Either you do or you don't when it comes to laying down.  And, no, I wasn't at the game.  I'm sorry if you were. 8)

[quote name="usedtobe" post="1302277" timestamp="1350433640"]
[quote author=Newtonjb link=topic=104633.msg1302242#msg1302242 date=1350430752]
[quote author=Piratesdad4410 link=topic=104633.msg1300088#msg1300088 date=1350183186]
Newton will win by how ever many they wont in this game but I really dont think they will run the score up on kountze. They ran the score up on EC for A reason!!!!!!!!!!    JMO
[/quote]
They ran up the score on ec because they know ec is the next best in the district.. and i'm not sure if kountze loses less than 74-7 if that means they have a better defense.. After the 3rd touchdowns you could tell on ec players faces that the game was over. That had some reason for them losing that bad.. When they said Newton by however many they want i didn't believe it til i saw it. Newton wins this. I'm never good at predicting scores but i say Newton by +28
[/quote][b][/b]Newton didn't run up the score........E.C. ( according to You ) saw that the game was over. Does that mean that they quite? Not all of the E.C. Players laid down, they were just knocked off their game plan and were overwhelmed by the Eagles.
[/quote]

If any of the team on the field lays down - then the whole team lays down.  Either you do or you don't when it comes to laying down.  And, no, I wasn't at the game.  I'm sorry if you were. 8)
[/quote]I fully understand the weak link in the chain program; I believe that the players, that are still busting their humps playing even after the game is obviously lost, are the blocks that You use to build with. I don't lump those players in with the sluggs that just quite. I also believe that " Players Win Games and Coaches Lose Games ".

Newton will win the game, but if those coaches dont stop the favortism and let the team play and not a select few it will cost them in the long run. Why was Dean still in the game when Newton was up by55 points.. Playoffs are coming and there are other talented teams they will meet in the playoffs cant take that chance of Dean getting hurt or any other valuable player for that matter.

[quote name="KB24" post="1302390" timestamp="1350444210"]
Newton will win the game, but if those coaches dont stop the favortism and let the team play and not a select few it will cost them in the long run. Why was Dean still in the game when Newton was up by55 points.. Playoffs are coming and there are other talented teams they will meet in the playoffs cant take that chance of Dean getting hurt or any other valuable player for that matter.
[/quote]
Was you at the game?? they scored 47 in first half! Dj played a few minutes of 3rdQ. Then #5 sophomore played QB!

I'm glad to see Kountze back  in contention,Being from Kirbyville we know all about the lean years...We've had a few of them ...I'm a Homer from the get go,I pick Kirbyville in the pick'ems no matter who they play, even when I know they will lose... Kountze keep on working,play every down. Better things will come...Newton is a power house this year....This is [b]not[/b] the year for an upset of Newton...Good luck to the Lions on the rest of thr season... ;)

Guest EagleFan01
[quote name="KB24" post="1302390" timestamp="1350444210"]
[/quote]

These starters for Newton need reps they are not getting a lot of reps because the scores are getting out of hand so early so they are having to pull starters sometimes before halftime, so getting a few extra snaps in the 3rd quarter was good for Dean and some of the other guys.  Yeah they have the playoffs to think about but they also need to get some reps in so they are ready for the playoffs.  Who cares if Dean and the other starters play the whole game you take a chance of getting hurt when you step on the field if he or another starter gets hurt someone else will just have to step in and take over for them thats the risk of playing football. Also whats this playing favorites crap everyone on the team gets to play I saw two kids who I barely ever see playing except on kick off and a little mop up time on defense in the backfield friday against EC. 

[quote name="KingJames123" post="1302494" timestamp="1350476614"]
[quote author=NewtonNation link=topic=104633.msg1302491#msg1302491 date=1350476394]
Has Kountze settled in on one QB or are they still rotating thru three?
[/quote]
We used 3 last week..
[/quote]
Who is Kountze's go to guy on the ground? Looking thru the stats and didn't see anyone listed. Kountze is averaging over 200 yards rushing per game, somebody is toting the rock!!

Kountze has done a great job of spreading the ball around on rushing...have about 4 guys who do most of the work on the ground. It also helps when you have a couple of very Mobil "vick type" Quarter Backs in the game...so the ground yardage gets very well distributed and it comes from multiple packages. Makes it very hard to key on anyone individual or anyone certain package. 

[quote name="sport1971" post="1302645" timestamp="1350488178"]
hey just glad not to have a Freshman status anymore...starting to feel like somebody...LOL...hey don't mean to be a stupid Sophmore, but what in "H-E-double hockey sticks" does this KARMA crap mean?????
[/quote]

From what I have gathered is that the Administrators or Moderators, which ever give you +1 or -1 to posts that they like or dislike. Really means nothing. I am always respectful of others opinions and i'm more in the neg. than positive so who knows.

While we are asking Sophomore questions, what does Smh stand for? I guess i'm not up on the lingo.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1302782" timestamp="1350496577"]
Just be careful, I hear [b]Mr Buddy Garrity [/b]has a secret super machine that can shoot like a 100 smites at once!  ;D ;D
[/quote]

I know the machine exists.  I was hit with it in another life.  Don't think it was Mr. BG, though. 8)

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1302238" timestamp="1350430093"]
[quote author=wackpack link=topic=104633.msg1302236#msg1302236 date=1350428896]
I think no swag and Kville Kats are the same person.if not then the must be brothers.
[/quote]

You have me mixed up with kvillecats...I'm Kville_Kats....I don't run my mouth,just to hear my head roar... ;)
[/quote] my bad.  Your right it's kvillekats.... Sorry about that

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1302782" timestamp="1350496577"]
Just be careful, I hear [b]Mr Buddy Garrity [/b]has a secret super machine that can shoot like a 100 smites at once!  ;D ;D
[/quote]

Ask anyone from Kirbyville...We were all rewarded with 300 smites..He also pads his own posts and smites...Quite a guy ..huh.... ;) ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder

• Fly-out to RF ends the inning.  3 outs for a trip to the regional finals/state quarterfinals.     Chester up 11-8.  Brookeland coming to the plate with 2-3-4.
    • Nicholls as you all likely know must lose to McNeese tomorrow for Lamar to be the out right conference champion. That is what most of us want to see.   With that said here's an odd scenario that could happen. There are 3 games left in conference play as Northwestern is playing out of conference and 2 of the 4 series are complete.  The aforementioned Nicholls vs McNeese and 2 games in the UIW and HCU series are left to play. If Nicholls wins and UIW spilts with HCU there will be a 4 way tie for 5th. McNeese, Southeastern. Corpus, and UIW would all sit at 10-14.  No idea on the conference tie breaker for tournament seeds. Truly wish the conference had a better website that already stated this as well as the tiebreaker scenario.  It has been one fun season and see you all in Hammond Wednesday. Well, some of you. Go Cards!! Uncle Spidey...you da man!!!  Snakehead, thanks for the updates.  Everyone else, have a great summer and enjoy what's left of the college baseball season. 
    • K for Chester to lead off.  Great diving catch in CF by Coulter for Brookeland for out 2.
    • Getting heated with the coaches for Brookeland and the umps.  I’m not quite sure what is going on.  Brookeland coaches contending the fans are cheering too loud.  
    • Yeah… I was on a jury for a custody modification where the dad was accused of being inappropriate with the child by mom. Law enforcement wasn’t involved. The first thing one of the jurors said when we began deliberating was “I’m sorry… but they (the dad’s counsel) didn’t prove that he didn’t do it.”  Were you even listening to the instructions?
  • Topics