Houston St. Pius X at Beaumont Kelly Game Thread/St. Pius wins 41-0

WOSgrad

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1298809" timestamp="1350098204"]
41-0 i think...boys actually played really well defensively first half...
[/quote] Yes they did it was still scoreless at the end of the first. And even though it was 20 - 0 at half time I was really happy with the first half performance. We need to throw more. Our running game is pitiful. I was also really impressed with the Freshman that played pretty much the whole game at strong safety I believe it's Connor Quinn and if you have been around Kelly for a little you know both of his brothers were great players. I'm excited to see what he will do throughout high school.

After looking at the stats I would have to agree about throwing the ball more. Will is completing 65% of his passes with only 1 interception. However, he only has 48 attempts. I realize he was out for at least a game.  Also agree that Connor Quinn is a good athlete and a great competitor.

[quote name="Aggieallstar" post="1299412" timestamp="1350144117"]
That's how many times he attempted a pass. Not how many times a pass was called, if he was sacked or scrambled there isn't going to be a pass attempt.
[/quote]

Thank you for clearing up how football statistics work for all of us. Quinn is going to be one heck of a football player. Hes got good size for a freshman and a great work ethic. I'd like to see them turn the reins over to him next year if he's ready for the job at QB.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder