**SETXsports Rankings For Feb. 16th..Final Rankings**

KFDM COOP

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest allsportsfan

I wish WH could play EC and Kountze this year. I am not saying they would win, just saying it would be possible. The truth is that setx has 5-6 very good bball teams in the small school side. It is hard to rank them when they don't play each other. I am just glad to see you putting WH in the same class as the top teams    because whether they belong in front of them or not I am not sure. I am sure they belong in the mix with them.

I hope they all do great and a couple of them make Austin. This is a great year for SETX bball. 

Refresh my memory, WH did win the Goodrich tourny by beating the #2 team in the state on there own court. And who was the other HJ loss to? When you group this many classes together you cant compare who they played in common but how they handle who they play. COOP thanks for keeping it honest. And by all means i am not saying that HJ does not deserve to be ranked #1 they are always a solid team and represent SETX well every year, good luck.

Maybe WH shouldn't go ahead of HJ but to say they only have two solid players is crazy.  Letsinger and Copeland are gonna carry that team, but don't count out Zach Simmons and Jared Tomlinson to be right behind them on any given night.  Simmons pulled off 20 points in the win over Goodrich and Tomlinson ate up HD a couple of nights ago with 22 points and 14 boards.  These are only two of the many great games they have contributed to this year.  When you’re a 1A school you can’t go any lower to play schools smaller than you.  Everyone you play is the same size or bigger than you.  West Hardin has played the 2A’s and 3A’s and have come away with a win every time.

Guest allsportsfan

WH is actually deeper than I thought. They have five solid starters and two solid bench players. Simmons and Tomlinson can definitely pick up the slack any time. Most people do not realize that WH has had four of their starters in double figures several games this season and normally have at least one in doubles on rebounds and assists. They are good beyond Copeland and Letsinger. 

sunshine u might be right WH might not beat hj but u have to keep in mind they have about 170 kids in high school to choose from to play HJ has about 300 are more to choose from so you cant say they havnt played anybody they might not play teams like dayton are anything but them playing and decent 3A is like HJ playing a good 4A or an ok 5a.

They have knocked off Tarkington twice and Warren once.  Both very good teams that should make the playoffs in their district.  Also Liberty twice who will probably be fighting with Tarkington for one of those playoff spots.  Which means if you stick West Hardin (1A) in a 2A or 3A district they still make the playoffs.

ok tarkington, liberty aren't very good they may make playoffs but just because their districts are bad. Warren  isn't that good of a 3A team either, if you remember they lost to HJ by 50. and you can't tell me if you put WH back in the district they were in last year they would make the playoffs. they can't beat EC and Kountze and last year they lost to Newton and didn't make the playoffs so yeah their only chance is in 1A

Guest allsportsfan

I think you are wrong again sunshine. If I am not mistaken, #13 of the bench is a junior. Regardless, WH still has four solid starters and the fifth is a good defensive role player. WH is better this year and I believe thay could play with the district they were in last year.

However, that is not going to happen, so wish everyone good basketball and hope multiple teams in setx go deep into the playoffs.

Just know what you are saying before you say it.

Tarkington may not be great, but they are very well coached. 

Guest orangeman

Sunshine, sunshine, sunshine... West Hardin did beat Newton last year at WH by 26 points! When they played them at Newton they were down 2 starters and only lost by 10. Also, when West Hardin played East Chambers at WH they only lost to EC by 9 or 10. This year Goodrich was ranked (and still is ranked) #2 in the state when WH beat them ON THEIR HOME FLOOR. Warren is 2A and was 15-2 when WH beat them. Not to mention WH has 6 wins against 3A schools whose high school enrollment is somewhere between 600 - 900 while WH's high school enrollment is 174. I will choose not to get to involved in this conversation because I realize we are probably dealing with a young high school student who DOES NOT even play basketball. Your entitled to your opinion. Just make sure your opinion holds water. Have a good day.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin