Little League Football Coach Arrested

Disgusting,

http://www.khou.com/home/Little-league-football-coach-arrested-for-child-abuse-173483781.html
The little league game took place on Saturday afternoon in Utah, and the incident was caught on video: A 13-year-old boy is seen running with the ball and suddenly gets leveled.

But the hit didn’t come from another player; it was reportedly a coach on the opposite team.

Police said that grown man was 38-year-old Nathan Harris.

Harris was arrested and accused of hitting the star running back to keep him from scoring a touchdown.

”He actually stepped in, folded his arms and went up under his chin and flattened him,” said the victim’s mother.

It was a tied game and coming to the end of the third quarter when the running back suddenly broke free.

The hit not only knocked him to the ground, but it knocked him out and gave him a concussion, his mother said.

The boy is considered one of the best players around, with 18 touchdowns this year. Now, he’s out for the remainder of the season.

”I cannot see in any way how this video shows how there was time to even make a decision,” Harris’ lawyer said. “Boy runs towards him. He’s being pursued by the other team. In that instance, the boy crosses the line and my client puts his arms up. And, that’s all you can see on the tape.”

Harris was booked on a child abuse charge and is out of jail on bond.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1296274" timestamp="1349887388"]
The video proves nothing yall. Evidently yall saw something different than me. I saw a kid running into a coach and the coach throw his hands up to protect himself.
[/quote]
If you watch, he steps into the kid with his left leg. It was malicious, and there's no disputing it. He then steps back and just watches as the kid is down. I'm sure 99.99% of us here would've took care of the coach ;)

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1296274" timestamp="1349887388"]
The video proves nothing yall. Evidently yall saw something different than me. I saw a kid running into a coach and the coach throw his hands up to protect himself.
[/quote]

What was he protecting himself from?  I mean the kid was much smaller than he was.  Did the coach think he was going to break a hip or something.  Anyway from the looks of it the coaches should have been off the field of play since the players were that close to that sideline.  Also if all the coach did was try to protect himself why didn't he bend down to help the kid?  All I saw him do was move off the field and stare at him.  If I has a son I wouldn't want him teaching my kid how to play football especially since he doesn't have a compassionate bone in his sorry excuse of man body. >:( >:( >:(

Judging by the video only how can anyone say the coach offered no assistance to the runner? The video ends before anyone has reacted to the hit. Not saying what he has done is right or wrong just I not willing to throw stones or punches from what I have seen. Question though had it been the players own coach would we be so free to press charges and take matters into our own hands just by looking at the video?

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1296589" timestamp="1349910601"]
Once again, looking at the video, the coach steps towards the runner with his left leg on the field. It's a far cry from not knowing, mistake, etc.  I will admit that video stops and I don't know if he offered to help him up after it stopped. Still doesn't make what first did right.
[/quote]
You are exactly right. The coach steps into the runner. As an official I have been invovled in contact many times and NEVER stepped into it with my elbows out. It is instinct to step AWAY from the contact with your palms out, not your elbows.

[quote name="BaseBow" post="1296780" timestamp="1349948066"]
I can not get the video up(DANG Department Of Justice computers) .Was the player out of bounds? It really does not matter because I would have went to jail also if it was my kid...Just keep the tape rolling it would have gotten good ;)
[/quote]
No the coach looked to be a yard or two on the field.

If you watch the entire video it show clips of other plays and it show players and coaches from both teams and the chain gang all standing on the line or on the field. This is a problem that I wish it was controled better. Coaches are given way too much freedom on this. I also feel the chain gang should be 2 yards off the sideline.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin