Thoughts about Vidor/Ozen game

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="jmoore" post="1292281" timestamp="1349494041"]
Agreed, also with not kicking the field goal on the 4th down trusting his offense and chewing more of the clock.
[/quote]
Definitely. I think thats where our offense worked towards our advantage. We were able to tick away some very precious seconds down by doing that also.

WOOO HOOOO great come back.... holding Ozen scoreless for 2 qtrs!! great Def!! putting faith in your offense that was sputtering in the 1st half .... awesome! great game guys!! seems to me this was a great building block for the Pirates... showing that they can be down and still come back and win a tough fought game.... these types of games build championship character in the players on the field. This will do nothing that put that fire back in the belly of the Pirates moving forward... WOOO HOOOO Congrats Vidor!!!

GO #52 and #61!!!! Dad is proud!!

We were flat coming out of the Nederland game. Knicked up pretty bad. Missing some starters. Ozen homecoming. Trouble with headsets brought Dubois down from the press box in the second half. Eight, count them, eight fumbles. Down 21 - 10 at halftime. They still came back from all that adversity to win the ballgame against a talented, tough and inspired Panther team. This team has the heart of a champion like I have never seen. They are never out of the game.

[move][size=36pt][font=georgia][b]WOW!!![/b][/font][/size][/move]

[quote name="robanadana" post="1292386" timestamp="1349496112"]
We were flat coming out of the Nederland game. Knicked up pretty bad. Missing some starters. Ozen homecoming. Trouble with headsets brought Dubois down from the press box in the second half. Eight, count them, eight fumbles. Down 21 - 10 at halftime. They still came back from all that adversity to win the ballgame against a talented, tough and inspired Panther team. This team has the heart of a champion like I have never seen. They are never out of the game.

[/quote]

Yeah, I was just pulling your chain.  Good job coming back,  you might need to get some cardiac paddles out there for Matthews if the games keep being this close!

[quote name="bigdog" post="1292401" timestamp="1349496473"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=104221.msg1292386#msg1292386 date=1349496112]

[/quote]

Yeah, I was just pulling your chain.  Good job coming back, [u] you might need to get some cardiac paddles out there for Matthews[/u] if the games keep being this close!
[/quote]

I think Mathews broke out the cardiac paddles in the locker room at half time!  ;)

Vidor played sloppy the first half. We put the ball on the ground 5 times making for 2nd 12-13 instead of 10 or less. we dropped some passes in our hands and one could have possibly resulted in 6. we had a few penalties that killed a drive and a big one that enabled an Ozen drive and led to a score. Our secondary seemed to be slipping a little on the turf wich made for some wide open recievers. we dropped three possible pics that went right through the secondarys hands.

second half, we got it together. jones was a non factor running and we pressured the qb enough to cause some bad passes,throw aways and some sacks. simply put, we shut down the Ozen o in the second half. i don't think they got more than one first down. maybe two. our secondary adjusted really well and not many recievers got open.

over all, there is always room to improve. my hats off to the coaching staff for making the adjustments and the gutsy play calls required to get the win. onside kick and three plays later a fake punt, WOW! and going for it twice on fourth down on our last drive to get a td lead with 26 seconds left. no doubt the pirates were not going to be denied.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1292421" timestamp="1349496880"]
Vidor played sloppy the first half. We put the ball on the ground 5 times making for 2nd 12-13 instead of 10 or less. we dropped some passes in our hands and one could have possibly resulted in 6. we had a few penalties that killed a drive and a big one that enabled an Ozen drive and led to a score. Our secondary seemed to be slipping a little on the turf wich made for some wide open recievers. we dropped three possible pics that went right through the secondarys hands.

second half, we got it together. jones was a non factor running and we pressured the qb enough to cause some bad passes,throw aways and some sacks. simply put, we shut down the Ozen o in the second half. i don't think they got more than one first down. maybe two. our secondary adjusted really well and not many recievers got open.

over all, there is always room to improve. my hats off to the coaching staff for making the adjustments and the gutsy play calls required to get the win. onside kick and three plays later a fake punt, WOW! and going for it twice on fourth down on our last drive to get a td lead with 26 seconds left. no doubt the pirates were not going to be denied.
[/quote]

Tonight was what high school football is all about. The Cowboys would have choked and lost by three TDs.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1292441" timestamp="1349497381"]
Another heartbreaking loss to the Pirates.  Ozen needs to figure out how to hold the lead, and pull out the close ones.  This game would have pretty much sealed a playoff spot up.
[/quote]

I don't think Ozen will have any trouble making the playoffs

[quote name="robanadana" post="1292430" timestamp="1349497100"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=104221.msg1292421#msg1292421 date=1349496880]

[/quote]

Tonight was what high school football is all about. The Cowboys would have choked and lost by three TDs.
[/quote]
yes it was. and yeah, cowboys would have lost. very proud of our boys and coaching staff. they came out in the second half on a mission to win. my hands were shaking from neerves so bad in the fourth, i could barely type in updates on my phone. thank god for alcohol ;D, i'm just now starting to come down from this one.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    monebi
    Newest Member
    monebi